* Iron Man (Model 35) *

Unknown
edited July 2015 in Character Details
icon_ironman.pngIron Man (Model 35) - 1*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Repulsor Blast
Power Cost - 10 redtile.png

A high-impact kinetic blast from Iron Man's hand.

Character Level 1:
    Power Level 1 - Deals 63 damage.
    Power Level 2 - 66 damage.
    Power Level 3 - 69 damage.
    Power Level 4 - 76 damage.
    Power Level 5 - 88 damage.

Character Level 50:
      Power Level 3 - Deals 743 damage.
      Power Level 4 - 810 damage.
      Power Level 5 - 945 damage.

Armored Assault
      Power Cost - 8 yellowtile.png

Iron Man charges to the fore and positions his armor to shield his allies. From there he unleashes his weaponry.

Character Level 1:
        Power Level 1 - Changes 2 basic color tiles into protect.png and deals 25 damage.
        Power Level 2 - 28 damage.
        Power Level 3 - 30 damage.
        Power Level 4 - 3 protect.png.
        Power Level 5 - 4 protect.png.

Character Level 50:
          Power Level 3 - Changes 2 basic color tiles into protect.png and deals 324 damage.
          Power Level 4 - 3 protect.png.
          Power Level 5 - 4 protect.png.

Ultra-Freon Beam
          Power Cost - 19 bluetile.png

The world's greatest engineer freezes the target.

Character Level 1:
            Power Level 1 - Stuns enemy for 1 turn and deals 125 damage.
            Power Level 2 - 131 damage.
            Power Level 3 - 138 damage.
            Power Level 4 - Stuns for 2 turns.
            Power Level 5 - Stuns for 3 turns.

Character Level 50:
              Power Level 3 - Stuns for 1 turn and deals 1485 damage.
              Power Level 4 - Stuns for 2 turns.
              Power Level 5 - Stuns for 3 turns.

Last Major Update: 2013-10 / Earlier Discussion
              Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• yeah, It's like that for a lot of skills. You can usually say: If there is nothing mentioned about scaling in the upgrades than it definitely scales with levels icon_e_wink.gif
              • Before I realized you couldn't get 5/5/5 on a character, I had my iron man up to 2/5/4. I have a Blue iron Man cover waiting, which would end me up with 3/5/5 all said and done. Is that the way to go, or should I go 4/5/4, or am I already so screwed that I should start over with the new one?

Thanks!
              • 4/5/4 would be the way to go. This way you will lose a little damage on red skill, but will gain additional round of stun of blue in comparison to 5/5/3.
                And don't worry that much about IM35, it's one of starter characters, so you will outgrow in not to distant future icon_e_smile.gif
              • Phaserhawk
                Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
                This was the last post on the last page. I thought IM35 needed a fresh posting. Anyone else build him other than the almost mandatory 5/5/3?
              • I used to have him at 5/3/5, but I respecced him. That had been a "I got the covers in that order before I understood how it worked" build, not a deliberate one. He was fine, back when I was using him, at that build, but his blue is just too expensive.
              • Phaserhawk
                Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
                Ben Grimm wrote:
                I used to have him at 5/3/5, but I respecced him. That had been a "I got the covers in that order before I understood how it worked" build, not a deliberate one. He was fine, back when I was using him, at that build, but his blue is just too expensive.

I think I did too. Then sold him when I had no more roster space, now I have him back, at 5/5/3 but only lvl 21, he was lvl 50 when i sold him.
              • Dormammu
                Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
                Phaserhawk wrote:
                This was the last post on the last page. I thought IM35 needed a fresh posting. Anyone else build him other than the almost mandatory 5/5/3?

Waaaaay back in the day when Model 35 was my main man, I thought it was possible to run with 5 in blue. "Damn," I thought, "it's expensive but awesome". The truth is that there are only four 1* characters you're going to want to max to get you through the prologue - Model 35, Storm, and either Hawkeye or Widow. My guess is that 50% - 75% of people are going to choose Widow over Hawkeye, and her blue has more value than Iron Man's. Once you get into 2* territory Model 35's blue is even more obsolete.
              • Phaserhawk wrote:

I ran him 3/5/5 and he worked fine for me until I had a strong Wolverine. I can certainly see why his optimal build is the best, but even in a one star tourney (which is the only place I use him now that I'm done with the prologue), I'm going to use Juggernaut's red the majority of the time. His max blue has saved me a few (very few) times.

As far as his yellow goes, I think 5 makes the most sense because at his level those protect tiles are really pretty helpful and can help stay alive and/or stage a comeback if needed.

Thanks for bumping this phaserhawk!
              • From the perspective of someone that only uses him for 1* pvp tournies mine will probably always be 3/5/5 from here on out.

When I was in the prologue 5/5/3 was a no brainer.
              • 4/5/4. I ran a mix of I'm, m.storm, Juggs, thor way back. He was my.only blue and red was covered better at the time by Juggs and m.storm. the yellow @5 is mandatory. I actually used him a little in the heroic...and it helped as bp yellow is kinda garbage unless you specifically are going for this (see: you shouldnt) or you run m.storm in there..which weakens the team overall (but was certainly an option for that heroic) since she didn't cover any new colors (wolvie better with green and red, bp better with black as is psy). If he is your main red user then I would say 5/5/3...but I almost never found a situation where 10 ap for sub headbutt damage was worth it except to end a match and headbutt wasn't necessary.
              • My PC game, which I'm at the top of the one star tier with, I use him at 4/5/4.
              • 19 AP is just too much. You would be better off with a 5/5/3 build. You should respec when you get more covers of him imo.
              • I am happy with my IM at 5/5/3. Not planning on getting any other IM 35s. waiting to get his blue powered up is too much.

Sadly at this moment, he's my highest leveled hero right now, coming into my third week in this game.
              • So I need to make room in my rooster and I need to ask, is Iron man 1* even worth keeping at level 50 or should i just sell him to make room?
              • If you have the HP to keep his slot, I'd say keep him. He does show up sometimes as buffed in PVE, especially heroics. In which case he's good for some of the lesser nodes where you don't want to damage up your main characters.
              • Houtro
                Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
                I play for like 70 days and already sold my awhile.
              • Spoit
                Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
                Maybe until you have a reasonably covered and leveled thor or ares. Once you have one, probably not
              • There were a couple of 1* tournaments a little while ago. I don't know if those are coming back, but I've hung on to a trio of 1*s just in case.
              • FaerieMyst
                FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
                He is one of two * that I kept.

I sold 2* Thor and kept IM35.
              • I sold my original IM35, but I'm back to releveling a new one. One of my big regrets was selling all my * characters to make room for *** ones. Once I eventually got enough HP for slots, I regot all the * and ** characters.

Bottom line: every single character can have a use.