TITLE: Assistant Producer
DEPARTMENT: Product Development
REPORTS TO: Senior Producer
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under the general supervision of the Senior Producer, the Assistant Producer is primarily responsible for the management of the quality assurance, localization and community review of each product to meet the products goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities are described below. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure Quality Assurance process is working efficiently, and their work covers all aspects of a release that pertain to the quality and project goals for each project.
- Raise issues to internal stakeholders if an issue QA has found must be reviewed/fixed before releasing an update with backing information to communicate severity.
- Review and catalog major changes in customer support and community communication to help evaluate development tasks for addressing issues raised by each games fanbase.
- Interface closely with production, marketing and user acquisition to communicate what a release will contain for company to accurately update the community and social channels.
- Track progress on issues raised by publisher, licensor, QA and/or community by getting updates from developers, cataloging updates and following up until there is a satisfactory resolution.
- Always ensure the integrity of the brand and the quality of a product.
- Review and understand designs for features to communicate what will work or be an issue for the project’s community. Provide communication so players understand why a change is needed with understanding of the project’s goals.
- Coordinate and manage localized assets.
- Take accurate and concise meeting notes.
- Supporting communications with licensors, press, fan community and external contractors.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Travel may be required on occasion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Three (3) years or more experience within Quality Assurance, Production and/or Community Management. Prefer time spent with a large games-as-a-service project and experience with multiple updates that contain features, bug fixes and localization updates.
Licenses / Certifications:
HARDWARE / SOFTWARE:
- Windows 2000 and up, MS Exchange a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- First Party submission tools a plus.
- Relevant quality assurance and/or community management experience in gaming and/or entertainment industries.
- Proven leadership and decision making skills.
- Expansive knowledge of gaming industry and technology.
- Proven knowledge of what it takes to make a great game and shows an understanding of basic game design philosophies.
- Proven ability to work well within a team that can include licensors, outside developers and able to maintain a good relationship with them.
- Proven sensitivity in handling outside developers, keeping them motivated and knowing if they are working productively.
- Proven ability to be a positive communicator dedicated to maintaining a clear line of communication between all departments and all team members.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Proven ability to be flexible enough to adapt to change and lead others.
- Proven ability to be an excellent problem solver and must be able to actively seek creative and innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to be fiscally responsible.
- Work with marketing to help push your product.
- Proven ability and willingness to represent and promote products at trade shows, press events, etc.
- Proven expert game design talent and ability is a bonus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional stooping. Frequent standing. Constant walking, sitting, climbing, reaching high/low levels, finger movement, feeling, speaking clearly, hearing conversationally, and seeing far and near.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A variety of unrelated and interrelated tasks, constant calculating, interrupted work, and use of sustained concentration, reasoning, judgment, resourcefulness, analytical ability, ingenuity, and high attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional work environment. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be required to work in a designated work space.
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse community.
To apply for employment with D3 Go!, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected].