Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Department: Digital Operations / Marketing
Reports To: VP of Publishing
Date: October 29, 2019
D3 Go! is looking for an aggressive and growth-minded individual to help us expand the userbase of our growing portfolio of mobile games including Marvel Puzzle Quest, Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest, and many more to come!
As a member of the Marketing team, the Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for managing user acquisition for multiple titles, measuring/reporting the effectiveness of each campaign, and planning needed campaign materials. The Digital Marketing Manager reports directly to the CP of Publishing and coordinates with the Product Development and Marketing team to create and evolve strategies for increasing all relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in D3 Go!’s titles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities are described below. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
- Manages acquisition channels for multiple active titles.
- Analyzes campaign performance and provides optimization solutions for maximizing return on investment.
- Collaborates with Product Development team to create and evolve strategies to improve game KPIs, including initial designs for features to improve acquisition or monetization.
- Works with external and internal partners (including licensors) to coordinate efforts with traditional marketing / PR campaigns to optimize acquisition campaign results.
- Writing and communication: Develops creative briefs, consumer-facing game information documents, marketing summaries, internal presentations and memos and other materials associated with assigned product lines.
- Research and analysis: Assists with market research, competitive analysis, and post-mortem analysis to evaluate effectiveness of acquisition campaigns. Assists with developing new strategies for revenue and promotion for digital and mobile releases.
- Partner management: Provides direction to cross-functional teams and external agencies including Creative and Media agencies and software Developers.
- Relationship management: Builds successful relationships with licensors and first party contacts in order to develop and secure programs that maximize the potential of each title.
- Public Speaking: May be asked to represent products at meetings, trade shows, and consumer events by providing in-person demonstrations or marketing presentations.
- Asset management: As needed, assists with funneling creative materials to secure approval and ensure compliance with licensors, first party, ratings agencies, etc.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Occasional business travel may be required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field required.
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 years of experience in user acquisition / performance marketing with at least 1 year of mobile, entertainment, or app marketing preferred.
- Experience working in a results-focused environment with an emphasis on return on investment.
- Relevant experience in new product or line launch experience required.
- Experience working in the mobile gaming industry is a plus.
Licenses / Certifications:
HARDWARE / SOFTWARE:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with common analytics software, acquisition tools (SDKs), and dashboards (e.g. Mixpanel, AppsFlyer, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL or JQL is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Public speaking and verbal presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience with premium titles is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional stooping. Frequent standing. Constant walking, sitting, climbing, reaching high/low levels, finger movement, feeling, speaking clearly, hearing conversationally, and seeing far and near.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A variety of unrelated and interrelated tasks, constant calculating, interrupted work, and use of sustained concentration, reasoning, judgment, resourcefulness, analytical ability, ingenuity, and high attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional work environment. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be required to work in a designated work space.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully within a diverse community.