TITLE: Director of Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Digital Operations
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Publishing
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE: March 17, 2020
Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Publishing, the Director of Marketing is responsible for the creation and execution of all plans to manage the monetization and related functions of all live products that support a post-launch monetization element. This includes user acquisition campaigns, in-game advertising, market expansion strategies, and any other applicable component. The Director of Marketing is also responsible for ensuring that the Product Development and Digital Operations departments work together to ensure that features that are essential to the monetization plan are included in products as necessary, and also that relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are monitored and improved. Further, the Director of Marketing should provide significant and actionable input for an overall portfolio vision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities are described below. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
- Directs user acquisition activity for multiple active titles including identifying key acquisition targets, demographics and best performing sources.
- Manages Digital Operations team in their essential duties.
- Analyzes top-level campaign performance and provides optimization solutions for maximizing return on investment.
- Develops direct and indirect marketing plans to be carried out from beta launch through the “sunsetting” period of a digital title’s life cycle.
- Collaborates with Product Development to create and evolve strategies to improve game KPIs, including initial designs for features to improve acquisition or monetization and leveraging past experience and data to fortify the game’s initial design to account for forecasted monetization.
- Creates and guides the work flow and approval structure for assets to ensure that we coordinate efforts to optimize acquisition campaign results including securing approval from licensors, first parties, ratings agencies, etc. in a timely manner.
- Explores new options for user acquisition and develops strategies to increase our options for advertising our products.
- Manages department and project-level budgets including allocation of funds amongst different products for marketing, user acquisition, asset creation, consultants, and tools (e.g. attribution, analytics, etc.). Ensures that products adhere to budget restraints and that product-level managers are maximizing budget potential through optimization and cost-savings where possible.
- Builds successful relationships with licensors and first party contacts in order to develop and secure programs that maximize the potential of each title.
- Assists in identifying and finalizing company portfolio strategy.
- Develops creative briefs, consumer-facing game information documents, marketing summaries, internal presentations and other materials associated with marketing and product strategies.
- Creates product forecasts for new launches and existing titles. Directs market research, competitive analysis, and post-mortem analyses to evaluate effectiveness of acquisition campaigns and reinvigorate existing campaigns.
- Represents products and company-level strategy at internal and partner meetings.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Occasional business travel may be required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of user acquisition experience with free-to-play games required.
- Three (3) years of mobile or game analytics experience including A/B testing required.
- Five (5) years or more of experience within a game or mobile application company with a minimum of at least three (3) years of relevant product experience required.
- Relevant marketing/acquisition experience in gaming, mobile, and/or entertainment industries and new product or line launch experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant supervisory experience is preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
HARDWARE / SOFTWARE:
- Proficient with Windows 7 and up.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with current gaming hardware and development gaming hardware.
- Proficient with common analytics software, acquisition tools (SDKs), and dashboards (e.g. Mixpanel, AppsFlyer, etc.)
- Experience with Photoshop or other photo editing tools is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent public speaking and verbal presentation skills.
- Experience with premium titles is a plus.
- Assigns and schedules work activities.
- Monitors workloads/levels.
- Provides on-the-job training.
- Reviews and checks work.
- Provides performance counseling, coaching and evaluations.
- Disciplines and terminates employees.
- Hires new employees.
- Promotes/demotes employees.
- Makes salary determinations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional stooping. Frequent standing. Constant walking, sitting, climbing, reaching high/low levels, finger movement, feeling, speaking clearly, hearing conversationally, and seeing far and near.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A variety of unrelated and interrelated tasks, constant calculating, interrupted work, and use of sustained concentration, reasoning, judgment, resourcefulness, analytical ability, ingenuity, and high attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional work environment. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be required to work in a designated work space.
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse community.
To apply for employment with D3 Go!, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected].