TITLE: Manager of Business Development
DEPARTMENT: Business Development/Licensing
REPORTS TO: COO
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Under the general supervision of the COO, the Manager of Business Development is responsible for building, pursuing and maintaining relationships with developers, providing detailed analysis of licensing and product opportunities and making recommendations for management based on that analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities are described below. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible to provide guidance and leadership with regard to finding new business development opportunities which are essential in meeting or exceeding company goals.
- Responsible for pursuing and maintaining relationships with developers, platforms and licensors.
- Attend all meetings, coordinate follow up from meetings and attend all applicable trade shows and conferences.
- Maintain reports of business development opportunities.
- Manage the review process for all incoming Business Development opportunities, to include updating games, developer reviews, evaluating licenses, managing the flow of information between affiliates.
- Prepare analyze and make recommendations market information and all other sources of information necessary to make informed decisions about licensing and product opportunities.
- Negotiate developer and Business Development contracts.
- Prepare business models for licensing and business development
- Prepare all necessary presentations to partners or potential partners.
- Generate strategic vision for business development.
- Create, monitor and modify processes and procedures as needed to ensure the highest level of departmental efficiency.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration is required. MBA preferred.
- Five (5) years or more experience within a corporate Licensing and Business Development department with 2 years or more experience in a similar position in the gaming industry.
- Relevant licensing and business development experience in gaming, consumer packaged goods, and/or entertainment industries.
- Trade Shows
- Strong presentation and negotiation abilities for contracts
- Must have a deep knowledge of video games on all formats especially for iOS and Android and an ability to evaluate game design ideas.
- Ability to present information to senior executive and partners
- Windows XP and up, MS Outlook
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with all current game consoles including handheld
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional stooping. Frequent standing. Constant walking, sitting, climbing, reaching high/low levels, finger movement, feeling, speaking clearly, hearing conversationally, and seeing far and near.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A variety of unrelated and interrelated tasks, constant calculating, interrupted work, and use of sustained concentration, reasoning, judgment, resourcefulness, analytical ability, ingenuity, and high attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional work environment. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be required to work in a designated work space.
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse community.
To apply for employment with D3 Go!, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected].