Title: Senior Game Analyst
Department: Digital Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a member of the Digital Operations team, the Game Analyst is responsible for the analysis of multiple games. Their key tasks will be monitoring and reporting the effectiveness of performance marketing activities, in-game monetization, off-channel marketing, and key performance indicators by generating actionable reports and maintaining a system for storing and viewing gathered data. As a member of the Publishing department, the Game Analyst reports directly to the Director of Monetization and coordinates with the Product Development and Communications teams to provide data to facilitate an increase of all relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in D3 Go!’s games.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities are described below. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
- Reporting: Create visual and written reports of our titles’ performance and comparative results to market leaders and competitors, utilizing web APIs to automate data extraction from a number of 3rd party tools.
- Monitoring: Create and maintain a system of notifications to track KPI discrepancies and automatically notify key staff members of meaningful changes in game behavior.
- Research and analysis: Assists with product forecasts for existing titles including building predictive forecasts. Conducts market research, competitive analysis, and complete post-mortem analysis to evaluate effectiveness of acquisition campaigns and game adjustments.
- Analytics Testing: Work with external development and QA groups to create test plans that validate analytics data such as revenue, LTV, DAU, etc. to ensure accuracy.
- Player Behavior: Devise methods for examining and measuring player behavior with a focus of generating actionable data.
- Database: Design and maintain an internal database for storing incoming data with a user-friendly front end for visualization by other team members.
- Present Findings: Present actionable data to key team members and management in daily and weekly meetings.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Occasional business travel may be required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Math, Business, Economics, Statistics, or Computer Science Required.
- Excellent mathematical and analysis skills with a focus on statistical analysis and predictive modeling.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel including advanced functions, pivoting, data-linking, and data visualization.
- Working knowledge of small scale database design and management.
- Working knowledge of web API tools used to extract data from a variety of third party tools for inclusion in reports.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS…
- Self-driven and willing to create / manage their own tasks within a broader scope of department goals.
- Ready to speak up when something doesn’t look “quite right.”
- Three (3) years of professional experience utilizing statistical analysis required.
- Three (3) years or more of free-to-play game analytics experience required.
HARDWARE / SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in Tableau or PowerBI required.
- Experience with SQL / JQL required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent writing skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional stooping. Frequent standing. Constant walking, sitting, climbing, reaching high/low levels, finger movement, feeling, speaking clearly, hearing conversationally, and seeing far and near.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A variety of unrelated and interrelated tasks, constant calculating, interrupted work, and use of sustained concentration, reasoning, judgment, resourcefulness, analytical ability, ingenuity, and high attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional work environment. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be required to work in a designated work space.
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse community.
To apply for employment with D3, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]