October Community Video - Anniversary & New 5-Star

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2015 in MPQ News and Announcements
OCTOBER COMMUNITY VIDEO – 2-year Anniversary Details From The Game Designers

In this month’s Community Video, Demiurge’s Casey Malone and Miles Benjamin discuss MPQ’s upcoming anniversary events, introduce our latest 5-Star character and more!

MPQ_Oct_Video_Casey_Miles_2015.jpg

You can WATCH IT HERE.

You can read a transcript of the video below.

October Community Video Transcript:

Intro

Casey: Hey everybody, Casey from Demiurge here, I'm here with Miles from Demiurge.

Miles: <waves>

Casey: We're here to tell you about the Marvel Puzzle Quest Anniversary.

Casey: We've got a bunch of cool stuff planned out, very excited to announce some new events, new characters. So Miles, want to tell them what we've got planned?

Anniversary

Miles: Sure, sure! So, if you were around last year you may recall what we did for the Anniversary last year. This is going to be a lot like that. We're so excited to be here for 2 years, making this game, we're so excited that you're still playing, having a good time and we're having a good time so we want to share some of that with you.

Miles: We're bringing back Anniversary tokens. We're bringing back Devil Dinosaur. We're bringing back a cool PVP season that's Anniversary themed and cake. But not cake.

Casey: We get cake.

Miles: We get cake. You guys can have cake too, it'll be different cake, so that's cool. So, we've got a lot of stuff lined up.

Miles: All the events will be double Iso, I know you guys like that.

Casey: Yeah.

Miles: It's gonna be awesome. We've also got some cool new characters coming out. Do you wanna…

Casey: Yeah.

New Characters

Casey: We're doing our second 5*. Everyone liked Silver Surfer so much, and he was so cool that we're rolling out our second 5*.

Casey: We're doing Wolverine (Old Man Logan). If you guys remember that story arc from Wolverine that Mark Millar did. Recently he's been in Secret Wars, he's going to be in the X-Men in November. So we decided this is the perfect time to roll him out.

Casey: I'm really excited about this character. We worked really hard to make sure he feels cool and unique. He does something that no other character does. He has six abilities.

Miles: That's really cool.

Casey: That's a lot of abilities.

Casey: In the comics, Old Man Logan is really sad and beaten down. He doesn't pop his claws until he's pushed too far.

Casey: So, with this Wolverine he has a Black ability which is active with two passive abilities. And if you get a certain number of AP then use the Black ability they all switch the new active abilities.

Casey: So they all tell a little story about Wolverine finally popping his claws.

Miles: It's a really cool moment when you're playing with him in the game. The two different versions of Wolverine have very distinct playstyles.

Casey: Yeah. One is… And that's the other thing that we're hoping that… Even if you don't transform him that the three abilities are cool enough that you like playing with him anyway.

Miles: Sure.

Casey: I'm really excited for people to get their hands on him. You can read all about what his powers are going to do on the forums or on Reddit.

Casey: He's launching today, when this video goes up.

Miles: Yep, I think that's right.

Casey: So you guys know all about him.

Miles: You probably read it all already and have, you know, opinions.

Anniversary Cont.

Miles: So, we talked about that we're going to do the Anniversary season. We've got some cool PVP Events.

Casey: That's starting on the 8th, right?

Miles: Starting on the 8th.

Miles: For those people that are keeping track, our actual anniversary is the 3rd, but we decided to start the party on the following Saturday afterward, or whatever. I don't know if it's Saturday. Thursday? I dunno. The 8th. I have it written down, so you can trust me on that one.

Miles: So, we're going to have some cool PVP Events. We're going to have a Class of 2015 Event featuring all the characters that we made from last year to this year.

Casey: It's a ton of characters.

Miles: It's a lot, it's a big list, so they'll all be buffed for that event.

Miles: And also wanted to shout that Devil Dino is going to get his own PVP Event.

Casey: Long demanded. You guys have really wanted more Devil Dino, and he's back in a big way.

Miles: So that's gonna be really exciting. But I gotta say Casey, the most exciting thing that we're going to be doing with this Anniversary is something brand new.

Casey: Yeah, we're doing our second ever Boss Battle. Just like we're doing our second 5*, second Boss Battle.

Galactus Hungers

Casey: So if you've been watching in-game there's been something coming in Marvel Puzzle Quest for the past week or so, and it's Galactus. Galactus Hungers is going to be our second Boss Battle where all of the Marvel universe is going to have to unite and defeat him.

Casey: It's going to be a lot like the Ultron encounter. The Galactus battle will be totally different, but the structure of it will be the same.

Casey: The Earth's villains will be taking adv… Galactus doesn't have, you know, Ultron sentries to fight. So Earth's villains are taking advantage of the chaos and wreaking havoc. So you have to stop pins featuring like, the Maggia, the Hood, Carnage, all these villains, and then go up and fight Galactus and work together with your Alliance.

Casey: We've worked really hard to streamline it so that… There's a lot of improvements that you guys have asked for in this Boss Battle over Ultron. So I'm really excited and hope you guys check it out and let us know what you think.

Miles: I've been playing it. It's a ton of fun. I think we learned a lot when we did Ultron, and as fun as that was, this is even more fun.

Cyclops (Classic)

Casey: Yeah, and I think the thing you guys will be extra excited for is that the prize for this run of Galactus Hungers is going to be a 4* Classic Cyclops.

Casey: And when I say Classic I mean like the 90's Cyclops with the thing that goes to here <points to brow> then just hair. I know how much you guys loved the 90's X-Men, and we're really happy to be able to bring you this character.

Casey: 3* Cyclops is a big staple of PVP play right now and I think that 4* Cyclops will be a way to take this character that you love up to the next level.

Outro

Miles: So, I think that's all we've got.

Casey: It's a ton of stuff.

Miles: It's exciting times. We hope you guys are excited, please let us know how excited you are.

Casey: Yeah. And enjoy the game, and good luck.

Miles: Thanks for playing!