Season XXXII: Highlights & Changes

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2016 in MPQ News and Announcements
Hi folks,

Season XXXII is coming up soon and we wanted to provide you with details on what to expect in this "Mini Season," as well as provide info on some changes to how defensive teams function. Read on for the highlights from Demiurge:
    "Season 32 will have a bunch of updates and we'd like to give everyone the heads up on them. To make room for the Anniversary season, Season 32 will be around 10 days long. The score to achieve the Progression rewards has been adjusted accordingly. S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels will also be coming to Versus events in Season 32. Fist Bump will be the first Versus event to have Clearance Levels. S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator and the Season itself will also feature Clearance Levels. Season 32 marks the start of our rebalancing initiative. After the Thursday daily patch, The Hulk (Totally Awesome) and Silver Surfer (Skyrider) will receive a character update. Go here to find more information on what those changes are:
Season XXXII: Character Rebalances

The last change that is coming to Season 32 is a slight change to how defensive teams work. Starting with Fist Bump, your strongest team will remain your defensive team. If you win a match with a significantly weaker team, your defensive team will still be your last strongest team. We have also reduced the scores required to achieve progression rewards. We have also adjusted how points are gained and lost to reduce the amount of points lost from losing a battle or being attacked.

See below for more details:

Mini Season
    o From 9/22 8:00 PM ET to 10/3 3:00 AM ET. o Scores to reach Progression rewards reduced.

New types of events with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels
    o Fist Bump is the first Versus event. o S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator and Season 32 will also have Clearance Levels.

Character Rebalances
    o Hulk (Totally Awesome) does more damage and his powers are easier to activate. o Silver Surfer (Skyrider)’s powers cost less AP and do more damage.

Your defensive team will always be one of your strongest teams.
    o If you win a battle with a much weaker team, your defensive team will be your last strongest team.

We have adjusted how points are gained and lost. Players should lose less points from losses than before.

Updated scores to earn Versus Progression Rewards
    o 850 Progression Score - More Iso-8 and now set at 825 points. o 900 Progression Score - Lowered to 850. o 950 Progression Score - Removed (reward was merged with the 825 Progression score). o 1000 Progression Score - Reduced to 900. o 1300 Progression Score - Reduced to 1200"

Thank you.