*** Colossus (Classic) ***

Unknown
edited January 2016 in Character Details
Updated with prerelease ability info. As always, this is subject to change.

[anchor=colossus1]Colossus (Classic)[/anchor]
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki link
At Max Level: HP: 10710 Tile damage: 79/70/13/11/12/61

137938-18699-110819-1-x-men--colossus-blo.gif
    Immovable Object - Yellow 8 AP
    Colossus protects his team by standing in front of any force that comes their way. Turns a chosen basic Yellow tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile. While active, Colossus moves to the front at end of turn, and resists 25% of the damage dealt to him.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Damage reduction up to 35% Level 3: Damage reduction up to 45% Level 4: Lasts 4 turns Level 5: Damage reduction up to 50%, lasts 5 turns
      Colossal Punch - Red 11 AP
      Using the incredible power of his organic steel fists, Colossus pummels the enemy. Deals 493 damage. If Colossus is already in front, he deals an additional 164 damage.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: 492 damage if Colossus is in front. Level 3: 820 damage if Colossus is in front. Level 4: 137 damage to other enemies if Colossus is in front. Level 5: 329 damage to other enemies if Colossus is in front.
      Max Level: 1565 damage, additional 2610 to target and 1044 to other enemies if in front.
        Fastball Special - Black 13 AP
        Colossus pitches a teammate into the sky and toward the fray! Sends a chosen teammate Airborne (inactive, but immune to damage) for 3 turns. Upon landing, they activate one power at no cost, then take 274 damage. The enemy target takes 274 damage.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: 137 to teammate, 411 to the enemy upon landing. Level 3: 55 to teammate, 548 to the enemy upon landing. Level 4: Airborne duration down to 2 turns. Level 5: Airborne duration down to 1 turn.
        Max Level: 1 turn Airborne, 174 damage to teammate, 1738 damage to target.

Original Post

will update when more info avaible.

***RUMORS****

rumored power from a dev blog is that he is strong enough to throw other people as a fastball special
        http://www.demiurgestudios.com/blog/marvel-puzzle-quest-update-r60/
        Also, we’re launching a new character, powerful enough to throw anyone on their team directly at their opponent. We’d call him the Iron Giant, but he’s not made of Iron.

****THEORIES****
        HailMary wrote:
        Since he's gonna be The Tank of Tanks, I'm hoping he'll have 10K+ health and a damage-dampening passive that doubles as a YOLO power like DP's Life of the Party.

Also, a Fastball Special that stuns the thrown teammate.
        Mawtful wrote:
        From the link in my sig, here's my take on Colossus. I originally wanted to include Fastball Special instead of "Haymaker", but couldn't find a way to make it fit that I was satisfied with. In designing characters, I like to have 3 abilities that synergise with each other, and abilities that gain "bonuses" by taking them past rank 3. I feel that this is crucial to designing a character that doesn't have a clear "best" build. Also, the basis for this idea was to create a character that was an "unstoppable force", which is why I selected Colossus with the Bands of Cyttorak. Stats are taken from old 141 days, but he should have Thor/Sentry level HP. I think that explains everything I need to say.

Colossus (AvX)
        http://www.comicsblend.com/wp-content/u ... UXM-11.jpg
        3 Star Rarity (Rare)
        At Max Level: HP: 8700 Tile Damage: yw 60/rd 12/bu 67/pu 10/gr 52 /bk 11

Avatar of Cyttorak: (Blue) Passive
        Colossus is empowered by the Bands of Cyttorak.

Rank 1: When Colossus becomes stunned, generate 1 Green AP.
        Rank 2: Also generate 1 Yellow AP.
        Rank 3: Also generate 1 Blue AP.
        Rank 4: Generate 1 AP of each color.
        Rank 5: Colossus continues to generate 1 AP of each color every turn that he is stunned.

I spent a lot of time thinking about what color to make this skill. Ultimately, I though that blue was the best fit. It creates a nice kind of symmetry with Dormmamu's Aid (a demon/trans-dimensional entity empowering a mortal and granting AP per turn), and means that Colossus will most likely end up tanking blue for any support-types in the team. For what it's worth, I think that it could also be Purple (same goes for Hood's passive).
        As for the ability, I don't think that it really does speak for itself; you already know that the core idea was for the character to be unstoppable. The ability is tempered by the fact that Colossus needs to be stunned before the AP generation kicks in, and it's structured in such a way that he generated AP that he can't use first - you'll need to go to Rank 4 before you generate AP that he can use on his own abilities. Ranks 4 and 5 both fit the mould for the sort of "rewarding" commitment that I like.

Iron Curtain: (Yellow) 8 AP
        Colossus steps in the path of incoming danger.

Rank 1: Turns a Yellow tile into a 3 turn countdown. While the countdown is active, Colossus switches to take damage for his allies.
        Rank 2: When the countdown ends, return 2 Yellow AP.
        Rank 3: Cooldown is reduced to 2 turns.
        Rank 4: When the countdown ends, return 4 Yellow AP and create a Protect tile with strength (level/2).
        Rank 5: Cooldown reduced to 1 turn and Protect tile strength increased to (level).

Another ability that gains some cool/weird features if you invest past rank 3. This absolutely was designed as both a "taunt" ability and as something that would synergise with the AP generating passive. The strength of that ability is tempered by only generating AP when Colossus is stunned, and this provides a way for Colossus to get on the front line more often. Investing in this skill lets you leave behind Protect tiles to help mitigate some damage even when Colossus is stunned. I think that tile strength equal to character level seems to be pretty fair/comparable.

Haymaker: (Green) 10 AP
        Colossus winds up and unleashes a haymaker.

Rank 1: Colossus deals "X" damage and knocks the target to the back of their team.
        Rank 2: Damage increase.
        Rank 3: Target is stunned for 1 turn.
        Rank 4: Damage increase.
        Rank 5: If Colossus' allies have been KO'd, he converts a friendly Protect tile into a Strike tile.

This was tricky. The first two abilities have a high level of synergy between them and I didn't want the third ability to feel tacked on. The ability growth at rank 5 will synergise well with the protect tiles from his yellow, making Colossus a very deadly "last man standing" - further emphasizing his tank/taunt style character.
        I'm a little unsure about the costing. It shouldn't be spammable, but Colossus can end up fueling himself - assuming he's stunned for 1 turn, then it requires 3 matches which I think feels about right.
        ronin-san wrote:
        8700 HP doesn't make sense to me, for Colossus. He should be AT LEAST that until he metal's up. Piotr is strong even when he's not in metal form, but mitigates a TON of damage when he's shiny.

IF he had a deadpool-like meat shield passive, no one would frown. That's in his character, especially in defending Iliana or Kitty.

It's canon that he gets a fastball special, but I wouldn't care if he didn't.
        wymtime wrote:
        Tank of all tanks should have Hulk like health or at least 10k with a passive shield. If any team member takes more than 5% damage Colossus takes the hit and places a level 150 shield on the board.
        For his fastball special I am guessing Red color. With the fastball special= Colossus picks up his ennemy and with his mighyt strenth throws them into his ennemy causing damage and stunning his enemies. cost 9 red
        Level 1= X damage and stuns 1st enemy for 1 turn
        Level 2= x increase in damage
        Level 3= Stuns entire enemy team for 1 turn
        Level 4= x Increase direct damage and 1/2 damage to all other eemies
        Level 5= Stuns entire enemy team for 2 turns
        Level max= 1600 damage to primary target 800 damage to the rest of the team. Stuns all targets for 2 turns

It might feel like a low number of damage per AP but with the recent release of characters that will do under 2k damage in an AOE seems the new norm. I adding the stun of the enemy team which is the big part of the equation so he will pair with some really strong characters as a tank. Hit Berserker rage then Fastball special and you will still have 2 turns to deal damage with the strike tiles out before the enemy can hit you.
        I would also give him 1 more single direct damage that would be very strong.
        I think his color combination will be Red, Yellow, Black with Yellow being defensive
        Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• HailMary
          HailMary Posts: 2,179
          Since he's gonna be The Tank of Tanks, I'm hoping he'll have 10K+ health and a damage-dampening passive that doubles as a YOLO power like DP's Life of the Party.

Also, a Fastball Special that stuns the thrown teammate.
        • daveomite
          daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
          Considering Colossus is one of my favorite characters, I really, really hope they don't screw him up. Even if he's just a strong tank, I'd be happy. But, If they actually give you the chance of a "Fastball Special" when paired with Wolverine - that would be awesome.
        • Mawtful
          Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
          From the link in my sig, here's my take on Colossus. I originally wanted to include Fastball Special instead of "Haymaker", but couldn't find a way to make it fit that I was satisfied with. In designing characters, I like to have 3 abilities that synergise with each other, and abilities that gain "bonuses" by taking them past rank 3. I feel that this is crucial to designing a character that doesn't have a clear "best" build. Also, the basis for this idea was to create a character that was an "unstoppable force", which is why I selected Colossus with the Bands of Cyttorak. Stats are taken from old 141 days, but he should have Thor/Sentry level HP. I think that explains everything I need to say.

Colossus (AvX)
          http://www.comicsblend.com/wp-content/u ... UXM-11.jpg
          3 Star Rarity (Rare)
          At Max Level: HP: 8700 Tile Damage: yw 60/rd 12/bu 67/pu 10/gr 52 /bk 11

Avatar of Cyttorak: (Blue) Passive
          Colossus is empowered by the Bands of Cyttorak.

Rank 1: When Colossus becomes stunned, generate 1 Green AP.
          Rank 2: Also generate 1 Yellow AP.
          Rank 3: Also generate 1 Blue AP.
          Rank 4: Generate 1 AP of each color.
          Rank 5: Colossus continues to generate 1 AP of each color every turn that he is stunned.

I spent a lot of time thinking about what color to make this skill. Ultimately, I though that blue was the best fit. It creates a nice kind of symmetry with Dormmamu's Aid (a demon/trans-dimensional entity empowering a mortal and granting AP per turn), and means that Colossus will most likely end up tanking blue for any support-types in the team. For what it's worth, I think that it could also be Purple (same goes for Hood's passive).
          As for the ability, I don't think that it really does speak for itself; you already know that the core idea was for the character to be unstoppable. The ability is tempered by the fact that Colossus needs to be stunned before the AP generation kicks in, and it's structured in such a way that he generated AP that he can't use first - you'll need to go to Rank 4 before you generate AP that he can use on his own abilities. Ranks 4 and 5 both fit the mould for the sort of "rewarding" commitment that I like.

Iron Curtain: (Yellow) 8 AP
          Colossus steps in the path of incoming danger.

Rank 1: Turns a Yellow tile into a 3 turn countdown. While the countdown is active, Colossus switches to take damage for his allies.
          Rank 2: When the countdown ends, return 2 Yellow AP.
          Rank 3: Cooldown is reduced to 2 turns.
          Rank 4: When the countdown ends, return 4 Yellow AP and create a Protect tile with strength (level/2).
          Rank 5: Cooldown reduced to 1 turn and Protect tile strength increased to (level).

Another ability that gains some cool/weird features if you invest past rank 3. This absolutely was designed as both a "taunt" ability and as something that would synergise with the AP generating passive. The strength of that ability is tempered by only generating AP when Colossus is stunned, and this provides a way for Colossus to get on the front line more often. Investing in this skill lets you leave behind Protect tiles to help mitigate some damage even when Colossus is stunned. I think that tile strength equal to character level seems to be pretty fair/comparable.

Haymaker: (Green) 10 AP
          Colossus winds up and unleashes a haymaker.

Rank 1: Colossus deals "X" damage and knocks the target to the back of their team.
          Rank 2: Damage increase.
          Rank 3: Target is stunned for 1 turn.
          Rank 4: Damage increase.
          Rank 5: If Colossus' allies have been KO'd, he converts a friendly Protect tile into a Strike tile.

This was tricky. The first two abilities have a high level of synergy between them and I didn't want the third ability to feel tacked on. The ability growth at rank 5 will synergise well with the protect tiles from his yellow, making Colossus a very deadly "last man standing" - further emphasizing his tank/taunt style character.
          I'm a little unsure about the costing. It shouldn't be spammable, but Colossus can end up fueling himself - assuming he's stunned for 1 turn, then it requires 3 matches which I think feels about right.
        • I want one attack to be fastball special and another to be called Russian roulette. I don't care what it does, it'd just be cool
        • OnesOwnGrief
          OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
          So I'm expecting this one to be released in another Heroic. That's not gonna be fun at all. When does anyone expect any new story content, October?
        • The last new event was Deadpool in early August, and they seem to average one about every two months, so October might be about right.
        • ronin_san
          ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
          http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2014 ... uest_beast

Marvel: Does Beast have anything to do with the new Deadpool/Iso-8/Chimichanga storyline coming up?
          Joe Fletcher: Beast and Colossus—who is going to be coming a little bit later—both of those guys are non-story-related.

8700 HP doesn't make sense to me, for Colossus. He should be AT LEAST that until he metal's up. Piotr is strong even when he's not in metal form, but mitigates a TON of damage when he's shiny.

IF he had a deadpool-like meat shield passive, no one would frown. That's in his character, especially in defending Iliana or Kitty.

It's canon that he gets a fastball special, but I wouldn't care if he didn't.
        • Essentially I think he needs to be a Hulk-like character. ie 2 damage abilities, preferably something interesting, and an anger like ability such as when he takes x damage he shifts into metal form and puts a protect tile on the board. Could be an interesting counter to Sentry's WR as everytime WR goes off Collossus would get tougher by putting more and more protect tiles down until WR was doing next to no damage.

Either way I think it seems to be generally agreed that he should have some form of damage absorbtion/mitigation ability.
        • Colosuss MUST have this cover, no exceptions!

480px-X-Men_Vol_2_1_Variant_B.jpg
        • wymtime
          wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
          Tank of all tanks should have Hulk like health or at least 10k with a passive shield. If any team member takes more than 5% damage Colossus takes the hit and places a level 150 shield on the board.
          For his fastball special I am guessing Red color. With the fastball special= Colossus picks up his ennemy and with his mighyt strenth throws them into his ennemy causing damage and stunning his enemies. cost 9 red
          Level 1= X damage and stuns 1st enemy for 1 turn
          Level 2= x increase in damage
          Level 3= Stuns entire enemy team for 1 turn
          Level 4= x Increase direct damage and 1/2 damage to all other eemies
          Level 5= Stuns entire enemy team for 2 turns
          Level max= 1600 damage to primary target 800 damage to the rest of the team. Stuns all targets for 2 turns

It might feel like a low number of damage per AP but with the recent release of characters that will do under 2k damage in an AOE seems the new norm. I adding the stun of the enemy team which is the big part of the equation so he will pair with some really strong characters as a tank. Hit Berserker rage then Fastball special and you will still have 2 turns to deal damage with the strike tiles out before the enemy can hit you.
          I would also give him 1 more single direct damage that would be very strong.
          I think his color combination will be Red, Yellow, Black with Yellow being defensive

the cover i posted is the one that ice has stated they are using
        • I wouldn't be at all surprised if Colossus is a new 4* - Season 6 award, maybe? Unless they've specified his tier already and I missed it... Also hugely possible.
        • wymtime
          wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
          SirPhobos wrote:
          I wouldn't be at all surprised if Colossus is a new 4* - Season 6 award, maybe? Unless they've specified his tier already and I missed it... Also hugely possible.

As much as He is Strong enough I think he will be 3*. I have never been huge into comics but I am a huge Marvel fan and Colossus has never been OP in my mind. He seems like he should be a top dog, but never got the following as other X-Men. I think the Dev's waited on releasing more 4* becuase I think they want the 4* to be highly super rare and elite. They hit X-Force as Wolverine is probably the most liked X-Men, but messed up IW as she has poor mechanics and is not that popular. Fury has become iconic becuase of the Marvel movies. I think the next 4* should be a villian and should be Thanos. He is seen as the big enemy in the movies and would have truly massive powers. Colossus as known as he is, is much less relevent and my feeling would be a better 3*.

Season 6 award will be more X-force. They just buffed him and they will want to have more people playing for him.
        • coolbond wrote:

They really should use Giant-Size X-Men #1, though.
        • coolbond wrote:

They really should use Giant-Size X-Men #1, though.
          agreed but there is still gambit and rogue
        • He needs a red power. Russian. Look at his uniform. Red all the way.

Also also Fastball Special FTW.

I guess we will have to hope that Gambit or Rogue will use this cover if the they are added to the game. Gambit is a highly requested character but I feel he has way better covers that could be used so Rogue is my choice. Heres hoping that Cyclops or Iceman get the last one in the set.

Also already made a post about this here: Link
        • My guess:
          3 Star with either 8500 or 10200 HP (I'm leaning to 8500 since I can't see him being on the same level as Sentry, Thor, or the Hulks).
          Yellow, Red, Black powers with Red being his Fastball special direct attack, Yellow some sort of Protect Tile power, and a Black board shake-up similar to X-Forces new black power.
          I bet he will be Red 79, Yellow 70, and Black 61. The same as Capt. Marvel which means he will be able to tank for IM40, Psylocke, Sentry, moStorm, Hulk, lThor, and Patch (some are based on placement because they tie tile strength). He also would could cover Beast's yellow, which means he would effectively be able to tank for all of the X-men.

Thinking about his yellow. It could be like BP's yellow, but using Protect tiles instead of Strike tiles. This would combo well with moStorm. Oh his Red fastball special could be a Daken Blue-like power, where it does X amount of damage, and Y more by destroying Strike tiles (damage but no AP). And this would combo well with Patch, aWolvie, and Psylocke.

[Updated]: I just realized that his Red would be a reverse of Capt. Marvel's red (targeting ally's Strike opposed to Enemy's Protect). And his Black... a ground pound of sorts: it destroys some/all black tiles for X amount of damage to the enemy team and doesn't generate AP. It would go against moStorm's and Psylocke's black, but earthquakes affect everyone (also would be a good counter to any Black power enemy, like Doom).

-Dach Ibi of Total Carnage.
          "What's a sigfile?"
        • I really hope they make Colossus good on this one. Please don't mess him up. And, for the love of all that is X-Men you have to make one of his abilities paired with Wolverine's. A special ability per say that, obviously, can only be used when paired with Wolverine. Kind of like Nick Fury's yellow ability. Where you have to have X number of color from each AP. The same thing. have set number of AP from X ability(ies) and once achieved he throws Wolverine into the heart of the battle damaging the entire team for X health icon_e_smile.gif Now, tell me that wouldn't be awesome!
        • wymtime wrote:
          SirPhobos wrote:
          I wouldn't be at all surprised if Colossus is a new 4* - Season 6 award, maybe? Unless they've specified his tier already and I missed it... Also hugely possible.

As much as He is Strong enough I think he will be 3*. I have never been huge into comics but I am a huge Marvel fan and Colossus has never been OP in my mind. He seems like he should be a top dog, but never got the following as other X-Men. I think the Dev's waited on releasing more 4* becuase I think they want the 4* to be highly super rare and elite. They hit X-Force as Wolverine is probably the most liked X-Men, but messed up IW as she has poor mechanics and is not that popular. Fury has become iconic becuase of the Marvel movies. I think the next 4* should be a villian and should be Thanos. He is seen as the big enemy in the movies and would have truly massive powers. Colossus as known as he is, is much less relevent and my feeling would be a better 3*.

Season 6 award will be more X-force. They just buffed him and they will want to have more people playing for him.

Thanos is just too powerful though to be converted into a character for MPQ and maintain anywhere near his actual power level.

As a bad guy I'd like to see Silver Surfer during his time as the Herald of Galactus.

Or the Mandarin (not the Iron man movie version) with a "Rings of Power" ability that does extra stuff/damage based on which colours he has X AP of.