*** Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) ***

[anchor=doctoroctopus3]Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius)[/anchor] icon_doctoroctopus.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 8670 Tile damage: 11/12/79/13/61/70/3.0
    Manipulation - Cost: 11 Blue AP
    Dr. Octavius reaches out with his mechanical arms to use controls and devices, smashing enemy plans easily. Swaps 16 pairs of random tiles, destroying any swapped enemy Attack tiles, and dealing 110 damage for each tile destroyed.
      Level 2. Also destroys enemy Strike tiles. Level 3. Deals 117 damage per tile destroyed. Level 4. Also destroys enemy Protect tiles. Level 5. Deals 330 damage per tile destroyed.
    Max Level: Deals 1044 damage per tile destroyed.
      Insult to Injury - Black PASSIVE
      Doctor Octopus casually delivers a scathing monologue about his superior intellect while his metal arms continue their assault. Whenever you make a match that includes enemy special tiles, add a Black Attack tile to the board of strength 27.
        Level 2: Creates strength 32 Attack tiles. Level 3: Creates strength 38 Attack tiles. Level 4: Adds 2 strength 27 Attack tiles. Level 5: Adds 2 strength 43 Attack tiles.
      Max Level: Adds 2 strength 139 Attack tiles
        Armed and Dangerous - 12 Green AP
        Doctor Octopus’ metal arms strike, constrict and mangle all his opponents at once. Deals 268 damage to all enemies, then stuns a random enemy for 1 turn, strengthens a random friendly special tile by 16, and steals 1 enemy Green AP.
          Level 2. Strengthens a random friendly special tile by 40. Level 3. Deals 354 damage to all enemies. Level 4. Stuns a random enemy for 2 turns. Strengthens a random friendly special tile by 57. Level 5. Deals 477 damage to all enemies. Steals 2 enemy Green AP.
        Max Level: Deals 1517 damage to all enemies, then stuns a random enemy for 2 turns, strengthens a random friendly special tile by 185, and steals 2 enemy Green AP.

Older version below
        Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius)
        3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki Link.
        At Max Level: HP: 6800 Tile Damage: 11/12/79/13/61/70
          Manipulation - Blue 11 AP
          Dr. Octavius reaches out with his mechanical arms to use controls and devices, smashing enemy plans easily. Swaps 8 pairs of random tiles, destroying any swapped enemy Attack tiles and dealing 110 damage for each tile destroyed.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Also destroys enemy Strike tiles. Level 3: Deals 146 damage for each destroyed tile. Level 4: Also destroys enemy Protect tiles. Level 5: Destroys any enemy special tile when swapped.
          Max Level: 463 damage per special tile swapped
          Insult to Injury - PASSIVE
          Doctor Octopus casually delivers a scathing monologue about his superior intellect while his metal arms continue their assault. Whenever you make a match that includes enemy special tiles, add a Black Attack tile to the board of strength 27.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Creates strength 32 Attack tiles. Level 3: Creates strength 38 Attack tiles. Level 4: Adds 2 strength 27 Attack tiles. Level 5: Adds 2 strength 43 Attack tiles.
          Max Level: Adds 2 strength 139 Attack tiles
          Armed and Dangerous - Green 12 AP
          The fury of Doctor Octopus is unleashed as his metal arms strike, constrict and mangle all his opponents at once. Deals 82 damage to all enemies, then stuns a random enemy for 1 turn, reduces enemy AP in their strongest color by 1, and destroys a random enemy Countdown tile.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Deals 164 damage to the enemy team. Level 3: Destroys 3 AP of the enemy's strongest color. Level 4: Stuns a random enemy for 2 turns. Level 5: Deals 246 to all enemies, stuns a random enemy for 3 turns, and destroys 5 enemy AP.
          Max Level: 783 damage to enemy team, 3 turn stun, 5 enemy AP destroyed, 1 Countdown tile destroyed
          Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Ben Grimm wrote:
            Doc Ock is on the title screen now. Will update when we have actual information.

That may be noon today, if he's the new PVE prize.

Weird. I see Doctor Doom after updating.
            http://i.imgur.com/EV7XFs8.jpg
          • jojeda654
            jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
            Interesting. Looks like Steam is different from Android. I wonder iOS gets another one.

l3OA6Zvl.png
          • I was just thinking to myself, will we see more of Spidey's villains? I'd be all for that.
          • Since Doom seems to be prominently featured, I hope this means they're considering giving him, Ragnarok, Loki, and Bullseye third powers! I know it's a longshot, but maybe as part of their anniversary plans...
          • iOS doesn't appear to have updated yet. Nothing in the App Store and the title screen isn't changed.
          • TheHood
            TheHood Posts: 107
            Doctor Octopus, Doctor Doom e and Doctor Bruce Banner (Hulk) on the tittle screen.
            A Doctor-theme PvE with Octopus as prize is coming?
          • Speculation time: What colors will Doc Oct be? My guess is bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png

What kind of powers? My guess is board manipulation for blue/purple and a tentacle stab for black for damage.
          • TheHood
            TheHood Posts: 107
            Lerysh wrote:
            Speculation time: What colors will Doc Oct be? My guess is bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png
            I say greentile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.png or greentile.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.png
          • TheHood wrote:
            Lerysh wrote:
            Speculation time: What colors will Doc Oct be? My guess is bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png
            I say greentile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.png or greentile.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.png

Please please please be greentile.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.png

God knows we need more good purples.

Course, that assumes his purple will be good...
          • Perhaps since Dr Doom is now on the new title screen with Doc Ock and Hulk, that means they'll be giving him his purpletile.png skill?
          • OnesOwnGrief
            OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
            We've gone green in MPQ for Update 61.
          • Lerysh wrote:

What kind of powers? My guess is board manipulation for blue/purple and a tentacle stab for black for damage.
            That would be awesome but mpq doesn't like purple, they like red and green.
          • IOS user but I'm sure it means Dr octopus will be the 50th character. I do feel that it is time to give the three stars their third powers. I feel it would help to balance the game out a bit. My guess for colors is green black purple.
          • Wild speculation time:

I'd guess some sort of stun, and also possibly some sort of immunity to stun, given his arms often keep going.

I'd also expect some kind of area of effect attack, and possibly the ability to punch through protect tiles.

I could see an attack (or strike) tile power, too, representing his arms always moving.

These could easily be combined.

My guess on colors would be green/yellow/purple, with the likelihood of a passive on the purple.
          • Phaserhawk
            Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
            john1620b wrote:
            Since Doom seems to be prominently featured, I hope this means they're considering giving him, Ragnarok, Loki, and Bullseye third powers! I know it's a longshot, but maybe as part of their anniversary plans...

They have said they will, it's just further down the list. Updates, characters, TU's, 1 year anniversary, balance, and 3rd covers. It's not a priority, it doesn't mean they aren't working on it, however if reworks like X-Force are increasing sales for them, well then expect to see 3rd covers and reworks a little bit sooner.
          • When we reveal our next character, Marvel Puzzle Quest will have its own Vitruvian Man!

hmm...
          • TheHood wrote:
            Lerysh wrote:

I'd expect yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png over greentile.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.png. Is there even a greentile.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.png combo in existence right now? I know they are filling in the color combos recently but I wouldn't expect a fully new combination.
          • My guess is Pve coming today Prodigal Sun 7-9 days with Doc as the reward.
            Colors redtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png or yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png "Spiderman colors"
          • IamTheBiggs
            IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
            Kinda sneaky (not really) to drop him in the "welcome" screen. Speculations on power sets?