Options

Comments

• SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    FYI:

The game currently crashes if you use OML's active Red "Finish the Fight".

I guess that's one way to finish the fight...
    Confirmed. It actually only crashes if you just have Black and Red. Works properly when you have Yellow as well. Will be fixed soon.

Sadly, this is still not fixed, and it's also not listed as a fix happening in the upcoming R86 patch. Incredibly disappointing to have gone to the trouble of getting the new 5* character, only for him to be virtually unusable due to me having the "bad" luck of only opening black and red covers so far.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    SirLanik wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    FYI:

The game currently crashes if you use OML's active Red "Finish the Fight".

I guess that's one way to finish the fight...
    Confirmed. It actually only crashes if you just have Black and Red. Works properly when you have Yellow as well. Will be fixed soon.

Sadly, this is still not fixed, and it's also not listed as a fix happening in the upcoming R86 patch. Incredibly disappointing to have gone to the trouble of getting the new 5* character, only for him to be virtually unusable due to me having the "bad" luck of only opening black and red covers so far.

I have had the same "misfortune" as well. Have not been able to get a single yellow
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Happy to state that despite it not being listed among any of the fixes in the patch notes, the game crash error with Old Man Logan appears to be fixed.

I am no longer experiencing the bug crash with my Red/Black covered Old Man Logan on iOS.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    So at what point does Logan become usable? And at what point is he comparable with a 4*? It seems like you kind of need 1 of each cover because his abilities all synergize with each other. At what point do the increased hp, stats, and scaling of a 5* start to really come into play? 5-6 covers with a full ISO investment to max available level? More?

Just curious if anyone has any experience to share now that his covers have been available for a while. Obviously, leveling him up is a massive investment of ISO, so knowing when it's worth it to level him seems like it would be useful.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Raffoon wrote:
    So at what point does Logan become usable? And at what point is he comparable with a 4*? It seems like you kind of need 1 of each cover because his abilities all synergize with each other. At what point do the increased hp, stats, and scaling of a 5* start to really come into play? 5-6 covers with a full ISO investment to max available level? More?

Just curious if anyone has any experience to share now that his covers have been available for a while. Obviously, leveling him up is a massive investment of ISO, so knowing when it's worth it to level him seems like it would be useful.

Watch my video for a general idea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phehPMlitxE

Overall, I would say he starts becoming useful around 6 covers.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:

Watch my video for a general idea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phehPMlitxE

Overall, I would say he starts becoming useful around 6 covers.
    One down, five to go then...
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My sandbox ended up at 355, I was originally planning 553 but to be honest I think I like 355.

Been smashing pve with OML SS and either rhulk or x23 (third really doesn't matter, rhulk works well due to purple into green triggering oml red). *also had some sandbox vs sandbox simulator 5* battles, ss oml vs ss oml 355 still seemed fine.

The red strike tiles help a lot and the passive healing is nice. I only cast black if I had enough yellow to transform and even when I had enough I wouldnt always use it immediately (end turn thing sucks). When I did transform I usually had enough red and yellow saved to start spamming that (whereas black would be low since I just drained it to transform).

For a usable oml I'd say at least 1 black, 1 yellow (more preferred) and red (as much as you can get).
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:

For a usable oml I'd say at least 1 black, 1 yellow (more preferred) and red (as much as you can get).

Mine right now is 1/0/2 waiting for the yellow cover. I think that when I get that one he will be usable in PvE , not in PvP.

I think SS needs more covers before he is useful (1 blue, 1-2 reds and some blacks until he is more than just a tank). I think a 315 1/1/2 OML is quite usable, strike tiles go very well with very high match damage (and passive regen always help).
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    My sandbox ended up at 355, I was originally planning 553 but to be honest I think I like 355.

Been smashing pve with OML SS and either rhulk or x23 (third really doesn't matter, rhulk works well due to purple into green triggering oml red). *also had some sandbox vs sandbox simulator 5* battles, ss oml vs ss oml 355 still seemed fine.

The red strike tiles help a lot and the passive healing is nice. I only cast black if I had enough yellow to transform and even when I had enough I wouldnt always use it immediately (end turn thing sucks). When I did transform I usually had enough red and yellow saved to start spamming that (whereas black would be low since I just drained it to transform).

At 0 covers I can't comment much. But OML builds are all dependent on the use and team comp. After transforming 5 yellow seems good but pre transform its fine at 3. Red is good at 3 but better at 5 pre. But post 5 red is better albeit overkill. The big reason to go 5 red is to get the 60% trigger for bonus dmg instead of 40% but the damage on any level is enough to one shot all 4*'s.

IMO pre transformed OML 3/5/5 or 5/3/5 are the stronger builds. Post transform. I would say 5/5/3 or 5/4/4. In the end you can't go wrong so I would just play as they fall.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

At 0 covers I can't comment much. But OML builds are all dependent on the use and team comp. After transforming 5 yellow seems good but pre transform its fine at 3. Red is good at 3 but better at 5 pre. But post 5 red is better albeit overkill. The big reason to go 5 red is to get the 60% trigger for bonus dmg instead of 40% but the damage on any level is enough to one shot all 4*'s.

IMO pre transformed OML 3/5/5 or 5/3/5 are the stronger builds. Post transform. I would say 5/5/3 or 5/4/4. In the end you can't go wrong so I would just play as they fall.

Now with the Phoenix coming out, with a powerful red, she might be better with her red than OML's. Will have to wait to see full skill descriptions. And revive is of questionable use since on defense, the enemy will always leave her for last, so I would think that would mean having her purple and red at 5. To avoid conflicts, you would want OML at 5 black and yellow.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

One consideration I have is that I dont think 5 red post is overkill, because I think that most of the time you will transform just when fighting against other 5s or to give the final blow to the other team, so 20k damage against a 5 is not overkill. OML pre is more than enough to kill any 4. And for the same reason 5 yellow is not that good because 5 post is not that powerful against 5s. So I think his superior PvP build is 5/3/5. For PvE any build is good (well I dont know what will happen with PvE scaling when you have 400+ level chars).

But of course, I will be very happy with any build, right know I just want one yellow cover icon_razz.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

His black is similar to daken, even if you do have enough to use it post transformation it eats all your (powerful) tiles. 5* vs 5* the yellow let's you absorb a lot of damage and the ai isn't smart enough to combo you, so you stay in regular form until you have enough ap to wreck the enemy team all at once.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I pulled a blackflag.png cover for OML today which brought him to 1/1/1 and I soft-caped him to 300 and he is incredible so far.
    I'm using him with Iron Fist ( who happens to be boosted right now) and OML strike tiles plus IF attack tile is eating though enemies like Halloween candy.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why haven't OML's wiki levels been updated? We should at least have them complete to Level 350.

I am trying to find out at what level he gets 25k and 30k hp
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mjh wrote:
    Why haven't OML's wiki levels been updated? We should at least have them complete to Level 350.

I am trying to find out at what level he gets 25k and 30k hp

lvl 375=23835hp

lvl 380=24772hp

lvl 390=26747hp

lvl 420=33728hp
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just got my second OML cover. I now have two red. I haven't leveled him up at all and was wondering if anyone could tell me what his red power would increase to if I did level him up to his current max of 285. Right now it makes him lose 621 health and creates 2 strength 78 strike tiles.
    Also, would leveling him up cause me to have a large jump in opponent difficulty in either PVE or PVP?
    Thanks
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just got my second OML cover. I now have two red. I haven't leveled him up at all and was wondering if anyone could tell me what his red power would increase to if I did level him up to his current max of 285. Right now it makes him lose 621 health and creates 2 strength 78 strike tiles.
    Also, would leveling him up cause me to have a large jump in opponent difficulty in either PVE or PVP?
    Thanks
    My 2 cents: without a yellow, he's not usable, and I wouldn't spend ISO on a character that's not usable.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HxiiiK wrote:
    Quick question, how does one see OML's skillset AFTER the claws come out on the cover screen? I can't find a way and I really just want to know how much damage he does at his current level/cover etc.
    Try mpq wiki
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just made the connection that OML is the only version of Wolvie that does not have a green power and green is a term used to describe someone that is new or a rookie at something so it totally make sense! icon_exclaim.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    My 1/1/1 OML comes along on most of my battles. He true heals and provides strike tiles. When the board is garbage and I don't want to make a move, I activate black and end the turn (regardless of whether I have the yellows).

He's great with my 3/5/5 4Pool, because he can deal good match damage, tank a hit, and then buff the resulting revenge tiles. His strike tiles also really help the CD4W boxes, even if his low cover/level strike tiles aren't amazing.