*** Thor (Modern) ***

Unknown
edited March 2017 in Character Details
[anchor=thor3]Thor (Modern)[/anchor] icon_thor.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) - (Gold Character) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 10200 Tile damage: 70/79/12/11/61/13/3.5
    Mjolnir’s Might - Red 8 redtile.png
    Thor brings his hammer down on the enemy, dealing 44 damage. The magical energies of his hammer begin to charge his next strike, adding 3 Yellow tiles to the board.
      Level 2: 135 damage. Level 3: 187 damage. (Max: 1370) Level 4: 239 damage. Level 5: 291 damage.
    Max Level: 2132 damage
      Thunder Strike - Yellow 12 yellowtile.png
      A lightning bolt pierces the sky and rips into the target, dealing 154 damage. A storm is brewing; 4 Green tiles are added to the board.
        Level 2: Converts 5 tiles. 200 damage. Level 3: Converts 6 tiles. 246 damage. Level 4: Converts 7 tiles. 293 damage. Level 5: Converts 9 tiles. 339 damage.
      Max Level: Deals 2486 damage and Converts 9 tiles to green.
        Call The Storm - Green 14 greentile.png
        Thor summons a violent storm to smite the enemy. The rage of the heavens rains down on the battlefield, dealing 236 damage to the target and 118 damage to other enemies.
          Level 2: 330 damage to target. 165 damage to other enemies. Level 3: 424 damage to target. 212 damage to other enemies. Level 4: 520 damage to target. 260 damage to other enemies. Level 5: 614 damage to target. 307 damage to other enemies.
        Max Level: 4518 damage to target. 2259 damage to other enemies.

(older version below)
        (stat block added by moderator Nonce Equitaur)

[anchor=thor3]Thor (Modern)[/anchor]
        3 Star Rarity (Rare) - (Gold Character) Wiki link.
        At Max Level: HP: 8700 Tile damage: 60/67/11/10/52/12
          Mjolnir’s Might - Red 8 AP
          Thor brings his hammer down on the enemy, dealing 44 damage. The magical energies of his hammer begin to charge his next strike, adding 3 Yellow tiles to the board.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: 135 damage. Level 3: 187 damage. Level 4: 239 damage. Level 5: 291 damage.
          Max Level: 1817 damage
            Thunder Strike - Yellow 12 AP
            A lightning bolt pierces the sky and rips into the target, dealing 154 damage. A storm is brewing; 4 Green tiles are added to the board.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Converts 5 tiles. 200 damage. Level 3: Converts 6 tiles. 246 damage. Level 4: Converts 7 tiles. 293 damage. Level 5: Converts 9 tiles. 339 damage.
            Max Level: Deals 2121 damage and Converts 9 tiles to green.
              Call The Storm - Green 14 AP
              Thor summons a violent storm to smite the enemy. The rage of the heavens rains down on the battlefield, dealing 237 damage to the target and 118 damage to other enemies.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: 332 damage to target. 165 damage to other enemies. Level 3: 427 damage to target. 212 damage to other enemies. Level 4: 521 damage to target. 260 damage to other enemies. Level 5: 616 damage to target. 307 damage to other enemies.
              Max Level: 3856 damage to target. 1927 damage to other enemies.

(original post follows)

Ninja character addition -- The Hulk PvE

Thor (Modern)
              3 Star Rarity (Gold Character) [new classification]

Starting Stats:
              Health: 1140
              Damage:
              11 red
              10 yellow
              8 green
              Ballpark max level stats:
              8.5k health
              60/67/11/10/52/12 tile damage
              ~1300 red damage
              2.5k yellow damage
              3.8k/1.9k green damage

Mjolnirs Might - Red 8 AP
              Thor brings his hammer down on the enemy.. ..familiar?
              Level 1: 83 dmg, +3 yellow
              Level 2: 135 damage, +3 yellow
              Level 3: ??
              Level 4: ??
              Level 5: ??

Thunder Strike - Yellow 12 AP
              A lightning bolt pierces the sky and rips the target..
              Level 1: 154 Damage, +4 Green
              Level 2: 200 Damage, +5 Green

Call the Storm - Green 14 AP
              Thor summons a violent storm to smite the enemy..
              Level 1: 237 damage to target, 118 to other enemies
              Level 2: 332 damage to target, 165 to other enemies

A "Gold Character" -- looks like an upgraded version of Modern Thor. Different, but not so different. No complaints here.
              Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• The same Thor as before but with 3 stars? Hmm.... Someone in the Q&A department screwed the pooch on this one.
              • radiopy
                radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
                It's a different class, too. 3 stars, but not "rare." It's a "gold character" and the stars pulse. Strange.
              • But with level 141 cap! Strange it's the same abilities though, and called a "gold character".
              • Modern Thor? Really?
              • Is the ranking correct with this event? Top 200 get a 4* Wolverine? And top 6666 get at least 1 3* Thor cover? ****?
              • Narkon wrote:
                Is the ranking correct with this event? Top 200 get a 4* Wolverine? And top 6666 get at least 1 3* Thor cover? ****?

Yes. There is no main bracket.
              • Dragon_Nexus
                Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
                I'm probably dumb but...he has the same move set as the existing Thor, doesn't he?

Is he simply a reskinned Thor with the ability to level to 141?
              • turul
                turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
                Booooring... different abilities plox
              • Phaserhawk
                Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
                Appears that way. My guess is he'll either have the same or less damage and 7200 Health, or more damage and same or less health as 2* version
              • Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm
              • Phaserhawk
                Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
                turul wrote:

My guess is he'll do less max damage then 2* Thor but have higher Health
              • Dayv
                Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
                edited March 2014
                I think they listed the wrong powers. It will probably be a different power set before the event ends.

But yeah, I thought they said they weren't releasing more alternate versions for a while.

Edit: given the character's new "Gold" category, I no longer think the matching powers are necessarily a mistake.
              • Phaserhawk wrote:
                turul wrote:

My guess is he'll do less max damage then 2* Thor but have higher Health

They appear to do the same base damage so I doubt that.
              • NorthernPolarity
                NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
                Ice9! You got some splainin to do... I wonder if this gold character business involves being able to trade in your 2* to upgrade to the 3* version in some way. His stars are also flashing. Thoughts on how good 3* thor is everyone?
              • Unknown
                edited March 2014
                Looking at a base level 2* Thor and a base level 3* Thor, it looks like the 3* does around double the damage if you compare skill for skill.
              • They could have at least be less insulting and given us 3 star Thor with 2 Star's unnerfed Powers....
              • Yeah, it appears this is the case. I have to say I don't like this at all. It means that all the ISO and covers people put in 2* Thor is for nothing if we end up with a stronger version of the same character. I would prefer they move with the rebalancing of some characters who are broken and after they are finished with them make the **** heroes batter instead of diluting the cover pool, making it even more difficult to have a maxed character.

The Fearless Defenders seems more interesting. Players who don't have Ares can get get some covers of a heavy hitter and I have a chance to get Loki because LR are impossible to place top 50-100 for me.
              • Ice9! You got some splainin to do... I wonder if this gold character business involves being able to trade in your 2* to upgrade to the 3* version in some way. His stars are also flashing. Thoughts on how good 3* thor is everyone?

I'm just disappointed because they said they were done creating alternate characters.
              • I like this move.
              • I love that cover.