Character Discussion Meta-Banter (Quick Links Index)

Carnage_78
Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
As it becomes increasingly difficult to find a specific character on the forum, I thought that a character index would be a very useful tool to everyone. icon_mrgreen.gif

Let me know if you find some mistakes in the links or if some characters are missing, otherwise I will keep the list updated as new characters are released.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Black Bolt (Inhuman King)

Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)

Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)

Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)

Iron Man (Mark XLVI)

Jean Grey (Phoenix)

Silver Surfer (Skyrider)

Spider-Man (Back in Black)

Steve Rogers (First Avenger)

The Hulk (Bruce Banner)

Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

Blade (Modern)

Carnage (Cletus Kasady)

Cyclops (Classic)

Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force)

Devil Dinosaur (Gigantic Reptile)

Drax (The Destroyer)

Elektra (Unkillable)

Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)

Gwenpool (Gwen Poole)

Howard the Duck (A Duck)

Iceman (All New X-Men)

Invisible Woman (Classic)

Iron Man (Hulkbuster)

Jean Grey (All New X-Men)

Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)

Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)

Luke Cage (Power Man)

Medusa (Inhuman Queen)

Miles Morales (Spider-Man)

Moon Knight (Marc Spector)

Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)

Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D)

Nova (Sam Alexander)

Peggy Carter (Captain America)

Professor X (Charles Xavier)

Punisher (Max)

Quake (Daisy Johnson)

Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross)

Sam Wilson (Captain America)

Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy)

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw)

The Hulk (Totally Awesome)

The Thing (Classic)

Thor (Goddess of Thunder)

Venom (Agent Venom)

Venom (Eddie Brock)

War Machine (James Rhodes)

Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)

Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

Wolverine (X-Force)

X-23 (All New Wolverine)

star.pngstar.pngstar.png

Beast (Classic)

Black Panther (T'Challa)

Black Widow (Grey Suit)

Blade (Daywalker)

Bullseye (Classic)

Captain Marvel (Modern)

Colossus (Classic)

Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men)

Daken (Classic)

Daredevil (Man Without Fear)

Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool)

Doctor Doom (Classic)

Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius)

Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)

Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Human Torch (Classic)

Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon)

Iron Man (Model 40)

Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel)

Loki (Dark Reign)

Luke Cage (Hero For Hire)

Magneto (Classic)

Mystique (Raven Darkholme)

Psylocke (Classic)

Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff)

Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)

Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted)

Sam Wilson (Falcon)

Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)

Sentry (Dark Avengers)

She-Hulk (Modern)

Spider-Man (Classic)

Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable)

Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)

Storm (Mohawk)

The Hood (Classic)

The Hulk (Indestructible)

The Punisher(Dark Reign)

Thor (Modern)

Vision (Android Avenger)

Wolverine (Patch)

star.pngstar.png

Ares (Dark Avengers)

Black Widow (Original)

Bullseye (Dark Avengers Hawkeye)

Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)

Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine)

Hawkeye (Modern)

Human Torch (Johnny Storm)

Magneto (Marvel NOW!)

Moonstone (Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel)

Spider-Man (Bag-Man)

Steve Rogers (Captain America)

Storm (Classic)

Thor (Marvel NOW!)

Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)

star.png

Black Widow (Modern)

Hawkeye (Classic)

Iron Man (Model 35)

Juggernaut (Classic)

Spider-Man (Original)

Storm (Modern)

Venom (Dark Avengers)

Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers)

NPC

Galactus (Devourer of Worlds)

Gorgon

Abuelo's old post:
It's starting to be a real pain to find character threads in here, especially for less popular characters. So I thought I'd compile a directory. In instances where a character has more than one thread (for example, Thor), the most relevant thread is used.

I think I'm going insane because I couldn't find 'official' threads for Loki or Ragnarok. If someone can give me their link I'll add them. Likewise, if there is anything that isn't linked or formatted properly let me know.

4 Star Rarity (Legendary) 3 Star Rarity (Rare) 2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) 1 Star Rarity (Common)

Comments

• Here's a Loki thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=743

Ragnorak: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=925

Not really formatted at all, but those are the biggest ones.
  • That'll do, edited.
  • Thanks for this, this should really help new players on the forums who want to learn more about characters without going through the trouble of finding them.
  • No worries, it was doing my head in and the search function on the forum is a bit rubbish.
  • Psylocke added
  • Panther added
  • Pointless "new" Thor added
  • Part of the usefulness of this entire Character Discussion board is the character thread directory, which helps keep conversations on characters in a single place, so we dont spam the board with questions all the time. I was trying today to research some characters by comparing their skills at different levels and noticed that many of the character threads for characters who have had their skills changed in the last couple months have not had their thread's initial post edited to convey these changes. Wolvie 2* still shows his pre-nerf skills, CStorm still shows red AP gen for her yellow skill, and OBW is missing her black skill completely.

I would love to see these initial posts edited to convey these changes and make the thread directory a more useful tool.

I know it will be a pain since we do not have community mods yet, but maybe ICEIX in all of his infinite free time (:P) can make the appropriate changes? Or should we try to message the initial posters to update the threads, and make a new thread when the owner has not been on in a while. I would hate to lose the historical discussions, but for many of the changed characters the historical discussion of builds is no longer applicable.

What do you think?
  • Here's a better idea. Have all the information in the game when we look at a character in our roster.

What a ground-breaking idea. It's almost like it should have been there since day 1, instead of making us scour the internet for it.
  • Sure, that would be fantastic - but since we dont have it and most of the people here on the forum dont work for D3 and dont have the ability to influence design decisions, this is an easy way for the community to provide a single place to view that info. Not really s helpful suggestion :/
  • May just be easiest to make a new topic for the characters that need updating with correct information and let the old outdated postings fall away
  • May just be easiest to make a new topic for the characters that need updating with correct information and let the old outdated postings fall away

I think this is a good idea. Saves people the trouble of digging through seven pages of information that may not even be relevant anymore.
  • Add the equeally pointless "new" Captain America
  • Human Torch added
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    *** Falcon (Modern): viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6148

*** Daken (Classic): viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5799
  • original Black widow link is broken
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    As I joined the game only late January, I was wondering if we could build a list of release dates for each character ?

As far as I can remember, since I joined, the following have been released (not sure though) :

Nick Fury,
    Falcon,
    Human Torch,
    Captain America 3*,
    Black Panther,
    Psylocke,
    Thor 3*,
    Ares,

I can't think of any other being released after end of January. That's one character a week, right ?
  • The Hood was an original character I think, but certainly was not released in 2014.

Also, the Invisible Woman was a 2013 character as well (I think she was a Nov release).

Patch and Daredevil were released in 2014. Nick Fury technical isn't released yet, so it's more like one character every 2 weeks.
  • Thank you !

Falcon was released last week, so we can expect a new character to appear in the next PvE event.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I believe it was

Ares
    Patch
    Daredevil
    Psylocke
    Black Panther
    Lazy Thor
    Lazy Cap
    Human Torch
    Falcon
    ... probably Lazy Daken
    Nick Fury

The Hood is one of the original characters. IW was there before the Hulk I believe.

Edit: forgot Daredevil who was released roughly at the same time as Ares and Patch. I wasn't playing much then but you can see their reliease tourneys here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6311