IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited April 2017 in Character Details
[anchor=falcon3]Sam Wilson (Falcon)[/anchor] icon_falcon.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link.
Character Update Post Link
At Max Level: HP: 8075 Tile damage: 79/13/70/61/12/11/3.0
    Inspiration - Yellow PASSIVE
    Falcon spreads his wings, motivating his teammates as he swoops into the fight. When the team makes a yellow match, Falcon improves the strength of 2 friendly Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles by 7.
      Level 2: Improves friendly tiles by 8. Level 3: Improves friendly tiles by 10. Level 4: Improves friendly tiles by 13. Level 5: Improves 3 friendly tiles by 13.
    Max Level: Improves 3 friendly tiles by 94.
      Redwing - Blue PASSIVE
      Falcon's companion Redwing soars overhead, alerting Falcon to danger. If the team has at least 8 blue AP, Redwing converts an enemy Protect or Strike tile into a 4 turn Countdown tile that signals when Redwing will return.
      Dev Note: Redwing is no longer able to target other player's Redwing Countdown tiles.
        Level 2: Redwing can change Attack Tiles.
        Level 3: Redwing strikes when the team has 5 Blue AP.
        Level 4: Redwing can change countdown tiles.
        Level 5: Redwing returns after only 3 turns.
          Bird Strike - Purple 9 purpletile.png
          Falcon summons a massive flock of birds to swarm the battlefield, obscuring his team's position. Creates 6 Protect tiles with a strength of 11, and deals 139 damage to the enemy team.
            Level 2: Creates 7 Protect tiles with a strength of 13, and deals 195 damage to the enemy team. Level 3: Creates 7 Protect tiles with a strength of 17, and deals 250 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Creates 8 Protect tiles with a strength of 21, and deals 361 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: Creates 8 Protect tiles with a strength of 35, and deals 584 damage to the enemy team
          Max Level
            Level 3: Create 7 Protect tiles with a strength of 54, and deals 783 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Create 8 Protect tiles with a strength of 68, and deals 1131 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: Create 8 Protect tiles with a strength of 110, and deals 1827 damage to the enemy team.
          Buffed Level
            Level 3: Create 7 Protect tiles with a strength of 63, and deals 932 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Create 8 Protect tiles with a strength of 80, and deals 1347 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: Create 8 Protect tiles with a strength of 129, and deals 2176 damage to the enemy team.

Older version below
            Inspiration - Yellow PASSIVE
            Falcon spreads his wings, motivating his teammates as he swoops into the fight. When the team makes a yellow match, Falcon improves the strength of 2 friendly Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles by 7.
              Level 2: Improves friendly tiles by 8. Level 3: Improves friendly tiles by 10. Level 4: Improves friendly tiles by 13. Level 5: Improves 3 friendly tiles by 13.
            Max Level: Improves 3 friendly tiles by 94.
              Redwing - Blue PASSIVE
              Falcon's companion Redwing soars overhead, alerting Falcon to danger. If the team has at least 8 blue AP, Redwing converts an enemy Protect or Strike tile into a 4 turn Countdown tile that signals when Redwing will return.
                Level 2: Redwing can change Attack Tiles. Level 3: Redwing strikes when the team has 5 Blue AP. Level 4: Redwing can change countdown tiles. Level 5: Redwing returns after only 3 turns.
                Bird Strike - Purple 12 purpletile.png
                Falcon summons a massive flock of birds to swarm the battlefield, obscuring his team's position. Creates 9 protect tiles with a strength of 5.
                  Level 2: Creates 11 Protect tiles. Level 3: Creates Strength 6 protect tiles Level 4: Creates 14 Protect tiles. Level 5: Creates Strength 9 Protect tiles
                Max Level: Create 14 protect tiles with 60 strength for each tile.
                FalconBuildPoll.jpg
                Even older version below
                [anchor=falcon3]Falcon (Mighty Avengers)[/anchor]
                3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link.
                At Max Level: HP: 5075 Tile damage: 67/12/52/60/11/10
                  Inspiration - Yellow Passive
                  Level Upgrades
                  Max Level: Improves 3 friendly tiles by 79.
                    Redwing - Blue Passive
                    Level Upgrades
                      Level 2: Redwing can change Attack Tiles. Level 3: Redwing strikes when the team has 5 Blue AP. Level 4: Redwing can change countdown tiles. Level 5: Redwing returns after only 3 turns.
                      Bird Strike - Purple 12 AP
                      Falcon summons a massive flock of birds to swarm the battlefield, obscuring his team's position. Creates 9 protect tiles with a strength of 5.
                      Level Upgrades
                        Level 2: Creates 11 Protect tiles. Level 3: Creates Strength 6 protect tiles. Level 4: Creates 14 Protect tiles. Level 5: Creates Strength 9 protect tiles.
                      Max Level: Create 14 protect tiles with 51 strength for each tile.

Older Abilities:
                        Falcon spreads his wings, motivating his teammates as he swoops into the fight. When the team makes a yellow match, Falcon improves the strength of 3 friendly Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles by 10 percent.
                        Level Upgrades
                          Level 2: Improves friendly tiles by 15 percent. Level 3: Improves friendly tiles by 20 percent. Level 4: Improves friendly tiles by 25 percent. Level 5: Improves friendly tiles by 30 percent.

Falcon spreads his wings, motivating his teammates as he swoops into the fight. When the team makes a yellow match, Falcon improves the strength of 3 friendly Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles by 30 percent.
                          Level Upgrades
                            Level 2: Improves friendly tiles by 40 percent. Level 3: Improves friendly tiles by 50 percent. Level 4: Improves friendly tiles by 60 percent. Level 5: Improves friendly tiles by 75 percent.
                          Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Spidey colors and an active purple... Hmm...
                          • Two passives and active purple?

Is this the mythical purple power character that everyone has been waiting for to complete their rainbow teams, as his two passives would imply that he is **very** compatible with other 3*** characters?
                          • Lyrian wrote:
                            Two passives and active purple?

Is this the mythical purple power character that everyone has been waiting for to complete their rainbow teams, as his two passives would imply that he is **very** compatible with other 3*** characters?

What bothers me is his second ability
                            IceIX wrote:
                              ??? (PASSIVE)

That is CLEARLY a red ability. Am I right? Who's with me?
                            • Two passives? Historically passives have done the following actions

1. when taken damage create green tiles (hulk)
                              2. when green matches lay down strike tiles (daken)
                              3. when purple matches lay down protect tiles (bullseye)
                              4. when taken a ton of damage, smack them back (classic storm)
                              5. when purple matches, create protect (spidey)
                              6. heal every turn (daken/old wolvie)
                              7. steal colors (hood)

He has two passives....I'm guessing he's mostly support due to colors but probably has 1 damage ability (come on, he flies an shoots things from his wings and has a gun)

If he's true to his comic character then he may get redwing (his pet bird). I would personally though like to see an ability like "jump" from the final fantasy dragoons which does double damage and removes him from the game for one turn. He does fly....

Guess we must be patient! Theorycrafting is highly recommended.
                            • Nonce Equitaur 2
                              Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
                              gamar wrote:
                              What bothers me is his second ability
                              IceIX wrote:
                                ??? (PASSIVE)
                                That is CLEARLY a red ability. Am I right? Who's with me?

Both Yellow/Purple/Red and Yellow/Purple/Green are non-existent in the game, so either would be good.
                                Also, Red and Green are the two colors missing Passive powers.

That said, Purple is rare among 3* characters, so I expect him to be popular, especially if he comes in after the theoretical Mags/Spidey nerf.
                              • Nonce Equitaur 2
                              • Seeing how his cover has redwing on it...i may go on a limb and say there will be a skill featuring redwing.....though the main use as i understand is that he is able to see through redwing. He also has the ability to see through other birdies eyes....yeah. definitely bird related.
                              • Ugh...another 3*.

Do you think he will combo with Cap?
                              • IceIX wrote:
                                Providing a placeholder here for later. As per usual with pre-release info, it's always up for change.

[anchor=daken3]Falcon (Modern)[/anchor]
                                3 Star Rarity (Rare)
                                At Max Level: HP: ??? Tile damage: 11/4/10/8/4/4
                                  ??? (PASSIVE)
                                    ??? (PASSIVE)
                                      ???

Can you at least show starting level HP?
                                    • IceIX
                                      Can you at least show starting level HP?
                                      Definitely an undecided factor which is why I didn't include it. Right now he's hovering around the same as Black Widow (Grey Suit), but that's mutable.
                                    • 2 passives and Spidey colors? Very interesting. Will he roll out with the Spidey nerf?
                                    • Low hps and two passives leads me to believe he will be great.
                                    • I got excited thinking he'd have great synergy with Cap. Based on the colours, it looks like it might be questionable synergy.
                                    • Would be more suitable as 2*, just like Daredevil
                                    • IceIX
                                      gobstopper wrote:
                                      Would be more suitable as 2*, just like Daredevil
                                      With his current ability balance, he's like Black Widow (Original) in that he can find a place on just about any team. In test, I'm currently dreading seeing any Daken or Wolverine/Falcon teams. I wouldn't want Falcon to be a tank with what he can currently do. Ow.
                                    • DirigiblePilot
                                      DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
                                      IceIX wrote:
                                      gobstopper wrote:
                                      Would be more suitable as 2*, just like Daredevil
                                      With his current ability balance, he's like Black Widow (Original) in that he can find a place on just about any team. In test, I'm currently dreading seeing any Daken or Wolverine/Falcon teams. I wouldn't want Falcon to be a tank with what he can currently do. Ow.

Oh em gee I'm very excited for him! I wonder what his passives could be that aren't already taken? What if it's a board shuffle passive, like "destroys two random basic tiles (earning ap for them) per turn"?
                                      That could be kinda overpowered, so maybe with a "if there are a certain number of x tiles on the board" clause. I don't know how that would fit with his character, though...
                                      Any speculative release date?
                                    • IceIX
                                      Any speculative release date?
                                      Soon? Yes. Soon.
                                    • Nonce Equitaur 2
                                      IceIX wrote:
                                      In test, I'm currently dreading ...

That sounds like a fun event. Testing lab. Should come with a WARNING - BUGS. Perhaps the testing version of Void is impossible to beat.
                                    • Still no Nightcrawler, another night to tear myself to sleep icon_e_sad.gif
                                    • TazFTW
                                      TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
                                      Daken and/or Wolverine eh? So...

- He makes strike tiles?
                                      - yellow heal?
                                      - Maybe yellow matches create strike tiles, so it's damned if you do, damned if you don't when paired with Daken.