*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Unknown
edited December 2016 in Character Details
[anchor=spiderman3]Spider-Man (Classic)[/anchor] icon_spiderman.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 8670 Tile damage: 79/13/61/70/12/11/3.0
    Web Bandages - Yellow 12 yellowtile.png
    Spider-Man webs makeshift slings, healing his team for 142. If 3 or more Web tiles exist he converts them to bandages, healing his team for an additional 149.
      Level 2: Increases base healing to 199. Level 3: Increases base healing to 256. Level 4: Increases base healing to 312. Level 5: Increases base healing to 369.
    Max level 141 5/5: Heals for 2314 with an additional 934 with 3 Web tiles.
      All Tied Up - Blue 5 bluetile.png
      Spider-Man slings webs, stunning the enemy for 1 turn. He then adds a Yellow Web tile to the board.
        Level 2: +1 turn of stun if 3 Web tiles exist Level 3: +1 turn of stun if 2 Web tiles exist Level 4: +1 turn of stun if 1 Web tile exists Level 5: +1 or +2 turns of stun when 1 or 2 Web tiles exist.
        Spider-Sense - Purple PASSIVE
        Spider-Man's senses tingle and he moves to protect his team. If there aren't any friendly Purple Protect tiles, he creates one when his team matches Purple tiles. New Protect tile Strength is based on the number of Web tiles in play.
          Level 2: Creates up to 2 Purple Protect tiles. Level 3: Increases base Protect Strength by 25% Level 4: Creates up to 3 Purple Protect tiles. Level 5: Increases base Protect Strength by 25%
        Max Level 141 5/5: 104/133/163/193 Protect tiles depending on Web tiles on board.

(older versions below)
        [anchor=spiderman3]Spider-Man (Classic)[/anchor]
        3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
        At Max Level: HP: 5800 Tile damage: 67/12/52/60/11/10
          Web Bandages - Yellow 12 AP
          Spider-Man webs makeshift slings, healing his team for 142. If 3 or more Web tiles exist he converts them to bandages, healing his team for an additional 149.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Increases base healing to 199. Level 3: Increases base healing to 256. Level 4: Increases base healing to 312. Level 5: Increases base healing to 369.
          Max level 141 5/5: Heals for 2314 with an additional 934 with 3 Web tiles.
            All Tied Up - Blue 5 AP
            Spider-Man slings webs, stunning the enemy for 1 turn. He then adds a Yellow Web tile to the board.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: +1 turn of stun if 3 Web tiles exist Level 3: +1 turn of stun if 2 Web tiles exist Level 4: +1 turn of stun if 1 Web tile exists Level 5: +1 or +2 turns of stun when 1 or 2 Web tiles exist
              Spider-Sense - Purple Passive
              (PASSIVE) Spider-Man's senses tingle and he moves to protect his team. If there aren't any friendly Purple Protect tiles, he creates one when his team matches Purple tiles. New Protect tile Strength is based on the number of Web tiles in play.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Creates up to 2 Purple Protect tiles. Level 3: Increases base Protect Strength by 25% Level 4: Creates up to 3 Purple Protect tiles. Level 5: Increases base Protect Strength by 25%
              Max Level 141 5/5: 104/133/163/193 Protect tiles depending on Web tiles on board.

OLD VERSION
              [anchor=spiderman3]Spider-Man (Classic)[/anchor]
              3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki link.
              At Max Level: HP: 5800 Tile damage: 67/12/52/60/11/10
                Web Bandages - Yellow 13 AP
                Spider-Man makes make-shift slings of webbing for his friends. Removes all Web tiles, and all allies heal 118 health for every Web tile removed (minimum 118, maximum 1892).
                Level Upgrades
                  Level 2: Costs 1 AP less. Level 3: Costs 1 AP less. Level 4: Costs 1 AP less. Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.
                Max Level: Heals 741HP per web tile (up to 11864HP)
                  All Tied Up - Blue 6 AP
                  Spider-Man wraps up the target in webbing, adding a new Yellow Web tile to the board and then stunning the enemy for 1 turn for each Web tile on the board (to a maximum of 5 turns).
                  Level Upgrades
                    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less. Level 3: Costs 1 AP less. Level 4: Costs 1 AP less. Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.
                    (PASSIVE) Spider-Man's senses tingle and he moves to protect his team. If there aren't any friendly Purple Protect tiles, he creates one when his team matches Purple tiles. New Protect tile Strength is based on the number of Web tiles in play.
                    Level Upgrades
                    Max Level: Damage reduced by 66 per Protect tile with 0 Web tiles on board (up to 446 per Protect tile with 5 Web tiles on board).

Older abilities:
                      (PASSIVE) Spider-Man reacts to threats before they impact his team. Removes a random enemy Special tile every time Spider-Man is damaged for 10% of his max health with 5 or more Web tiles in play.
                      Level Upgrades
                        Level 2: Requires 4 or more Web tiles. Level 3: Requires 3 or more Web tiles. Level 4: Requires 2 or more Web tiles. Level 5: Requires 1 or more Web tiles.

(original post follows)

Spider-Man (Classic)
                      3 Star Rarity (Rare)

Web Bandages - Yellow 13 AP
                      Spider-Man makes make-shift slings of webbing for his friends. Removes all Web tiles, and all allies heal 118 health for every Web tile removed (minimum 118, maximum 1892).
                      Level Upgrades

Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
                      Level 3: Costs 1 AP less.
                      Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
                      Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.

All Tied Up - Blue 6 AP
                      Spider-Man wraps up the target in webbing, adding a new Yellow Web tile to the board and then stunning the enemy for 1 turn for each Web tile on the board (to a maximum of 5 turns).
                      Level Upgrades

Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
                      Level 3: Costs 1 AP less.
                      Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
                      Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.

Level Upgrades

Level 2: Creates up to 2 Purple Protect tiles.
                      Level 3: Increases base Protect Strength by 25%
                      Level 4: Creates up to 3 Purple Protect tiles.
                      Level 5: Increases base Protect Strength by 25%.
                      Original post:

"Classic Spidey's blue not working as described"

Hi, I have noticed that Classic Spidey's blue ability does not seem to create new yellow webbed tiles as described. It only adds webs to existing yellow tiles on the board. If all the existing yellow tiles on the board are already webbed, this ability does not create or add any new tiles.

This is in contrast to Venom's purple, which creates new green webbed tiles (it actually changes the color of some tiles to green & webs them).

Spidey's blue ability should be changed, or at least, the description should, I think. Thanks.
                      Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Unknown
                        edited August 2015
                        Studying the three spider man skills it seems like the purple is very situational and weaker than the other two.
                        I have mine a 3 from rewards and was thinking of not adding any more.
                        The primary route eventually would be 5/5/3 as the yellow and blue are really good.

Is there any other thoughts on benefits of the purple skill I am missing?
                      • Studying the three spider man skills it seems like the purple is very situational and weaker than the other two.
                        I have mine a 3 from rewards and was thinking of not adding any more.
                        The primary route eventually would be 5/5/3 as the yellow and blue are really good.

Is there any other thoughts on benefits of the purple skill I am missing?

No, it's general consensus that Purple is weak and 5/5/3 is build to go
                      • Purple is worthless. Pretty obvious they just added it to boost Spidey's level cap to 141.

5/5/3 is the way to go.
                      • Thanks, good to see I am not alone
                      • I think he was given a weak third ability on purpose because of how strong his other 2 abilities are. They didn't want to **** his level by only giving him 2. I think they did a good job balancing him.
                      • Unknown
                        edited July 2015
                        I've managed to get Spiderman's Purple and Yellow abilities, but I haven't gotten Blue yet. I'm staring at it in the rewards for the three-star tournament. My three-star characters are not good enough to win him. icon_cry.gif He really doesn't function without his blue power. You can't heal more than the base amount. You have no hope to activate his purple skill. There aren't many characters that don't work without one of their skills. Oh well, I guess I'll have to be patient.

That said, he can be a pretty useful character with all of his abilities. I doubt there are any arguments for anything but a 5/5/3 build.

Edit: There are now arguements over a 5/5/3 build. Looks like I'm going 3/5/5. I'm currently at 1/5/3.
                      • You can team him up with Venom, who will generate Web tiles as well. Not nearly as well as the blue skill though.
                      • I'd really like to use him but he's useless unless I get more covers. I only have one ability. His Spider Sense which never seems to work... icon_e_confused.gif
                      • Nemek
                        Nemek Posts: 1,511
                        The one time I've seen spidey sense trigger, I was super confused about what was going on.
                      • His purple ability is obviously a throwaway skill that was just added to increase his level cap to 141 to keep the guy relevant for a long, long time.

About the Venom synergy, you may want to think about not taking your Venom to 5/5 in both skills due to the increasing costs. Read the abilities and costs carefully. Many Venom players keep their abilities purposely lower to trigger cheaper Devour combos, but this has the net effect of making Venom even weaker than he already is. And Venom is already kind of bad. icon_e_sad.gif
                      • Does the healing ability scale with level?
                      • fatcatfan wrote:
                        Does the healing ability scale with level?

Yes it does. But I don't know how much. I can only say it's 195 for every web tile at level 30
                      • 427 per at level 73, max of 6839
                      • Bainee
                        Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
                        He heals for 741 per web tile at lvl 141
                      • Bainee wrote:
                        He heals for 741 per web tile at lvl 141
                        wow that's nice. his 2ap stun lock is the most brilliant.
                      • Ok, I don't know if this sounds extremly silly but after this heroic event I actually think about going 4/5/4 (or even 3/5/5) if I have the choice (atm i'm at 2/2/3).

The passive saved my day with the maggia goons a few times (the first time not on purpose icon_e_wink.gif ). Because i often had two countdown tiles I couldn't clear and the blue ae was counting to zero, the other countdown was cleared by spider sense. I only was able to clear the last yelena mission because of this ability. Ok, I see that it's exclusively for PvE at the moment (or perhaps against daken or wolverines) but I also have no real need for the heal to go down to 9 AP. usually I don't want to heal right away but at the middle/end of the fight where 10/11 AP is not much. On the other hand if I ever get the blue skill to 4 or 5 then I will have a easy time having nearly always 3 web tiles on the field and the passive triggers anyway...But still a reason to max what you get first and don't let these covers go to waste.

Any thoughts about this? ^^
                      • As someone with a 2/2/1 I like the idea of this build. The changed purple went from useless to something worth considering, at least in some situations. Another thing to consider, if you have max webbing with a cost of 2, it's pretty trivial to stun in order to collect the last couple of yellows that you might need. However, one thing to keep in mind is that depending on who you pair Spidey with, the passive only works against strong AOE's (C.storm or M.Hawkeye) or when Spidey is at the front.
                        People with high level Spideys on strong teams, how many colors does Spidey tank on? Yellow and purple or blue as well?
                      • Mommson wrote:
                        Ok, I don't know if this sounds extremly silly but after this heroic event I actually think about going 4/5/4 (or even 3/5/5) if I have the choice (atm i'm at 2/2/3).

The passive saved my day with the maggia goons a few times (the first time not on purpose icon_e_wink.gif ). Because i often had two countdown tiles I couldn't clear and the blue ae was counting to zero, the other countdown was cleared by spider sense. I only was able to clear the last yelena mission because of this ability. Ok, I see that it's exclusively for PvE at the moment (or perhaps against daken or wolverines) but I also have no real need for the heal to go down to 9 AP. usually I don't want to heal right away but at the middle/end of the fight where 10/11 AP is not much. On the other hand if I ever get the blue skill to 4 or 5 then I will have a easy time having nearly always 3 web tiles on the field and the passive triggers anyway...But still a reason to max what you get first and don't let these covers go to waste.

Any thoughts about this? ^^

5/5/3 is the ONLY build icon_e_smile.gif
                        Passive saved your day? Just stun maggia goons and clock on tiles will also freeze so why you need purple? To activate purple spidey needs to take damage so this is .... strange tactics
                      • Polkio wrote:
                        Passive saved your day? Just stun maggia goons and clock on tiles will also freeze so why you need purple? To activate purple spidey needs to take damage so this is .... strange tactics

Out of curiosity, do you use heal more then once in a match on average? If not, how often do you think you would not have been able to cast it because you were missing the 2AP difference between a level3 and level5 heal?
                      • Polkio wrote:

I don't know how long you had to fight with a 5 AP stun but I assure you it's not that easy. If you're lucky you can perma stun one person but 2 at the same time is almost impossible. And these maggia spawn a lot of countdowns...so if you can't keep up with the pace, the burden is lowered with the passive because you only have to take 1 hit and not 2.