is it worth making an alliance nowadays

Andre_Leca_89
Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
edited January 2017 in MPQ Alliances
I want to make my own alliance just for PVE it sounds risky to me is there anyone with advice on this should I go for it or not
I can't seem to find a decent alliance that focuses on PVE alone all top alliance want you to be good in both PVE and PVP but PVP is not my strongest point I am just turning in to 4* transition all my 3* are champions a couple of my 4* have 10 or more covers so this year I will have some 4* champions but it's still going to be awhile before that happens 4* are ISO expensive
What to do

Comments

• drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    It's exceedingly difficult to recruit high end players for an alliance at this point. However, there are plenty of PVE-only alliances that could use players: try the alliance section of the forum, post your details (or check the alliances currently recruiting), and you should get some bites. Of course, many of them will want you to use Line, but that's kind of the cost of high level play today.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't make your own. Join one. There are tons of alliances who need players of all experience levels.

Only reason to make your own alliance is if you have special friends with whom you play the game. For example, my husband and I (and some random stranger who joined our alliance) are the only ones in our Clan at Clash of Clans, so we send each other soldiers and love letters all the time! We'll never win top clan, but we're having fun.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Andre MPQ wrote:
    I want to make my own alliance just for PVE it sounds risky to me is there anyone with advice on this should I go for it or not
    I can't seem to find a decent alliance that focuses on PVE alone all top alliance want you to be good in both PVE and PVP but PVP is not my strongest point I am just turning in to 4* transition all my 3* are champions a couple of my 4* have 10 or more covers so this year I will have some 4* champions but it's still going to be awhile before that happens 4* are ISO expensive
    What to do

Hi Andre,

Our alliance is PVE-only. We consistently place T50-100 without PVP requirements (but we do place T150-250 in PVP). PM if you are interested and I will ask the other Commanders if we have a spot.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    "is it worth making an alliance nowadays"

Yes. Always. Something is better than nothing.

Daily iso from 1 alliancemate (yourself) beats no daily iso.

Placing in the top 10,000 allainces beats no alliance rewards at all.

No, not all top pve alliances expect you to play pvp.

Post your expectations and describe your history over in the alliances subforum, look for "Single player looking ..." thread.

Or, start your own alliance. Again, its better than nothing.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, probably not.

There are enough alliances at all tiers of play and playstyles to accomodate all players. Even if your more interested in running the alliance, its probably easier and more efficent to join and existing one and take over for an existing commander.

The only reason to make a new alliance is if you need it as a temporary alliance space for player buy clubs pve merc teams and you don't want to interrupt an existing alliance structure.

Otherwise your just wasting 5k iso. Not a major penalty either way.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2017
    Starting (and maintaining) an alliance is infinitely harder than joining an existing alliance. Don't try to start your own. There are a bunch of alliances out there who are constantly recruiting, and you'll be able to find one that fits you. Many of them are alliance families with multiple alliances, with different focuses and/or expectations.

You just need to get looped into them, and the alliance forum is the best way to get started with that, unless you're on LINE.
    "is it worth making an alliance nowadays"

Yes. Always. Something is better than nothing.

Daily iso from 1 alliancemate (yourself) beats no daily iso.

Placing in the top 10,000 allainces beats no alliance rewards at all.

No, not all top pve alliances expect you to play pvp.

Post your expectations and describe your history over in the alliances subforum, look for "Single player looking ..." thread.

Or, start your own alliance. Again, its better than nothing.

It's true that you should always be in an alliance, but that doesn't mean you have to start one. Just join a public alliance while you try to find a good PvE alliance.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Phumade wrote:
    Otherwise your just wasting 5k iso.

Unless they upped it, it's only 2500. Half price!
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre MPQ wrote:
    What to do

Hi Andre,

Our alliance is PVE-only. We consistently place T50-100 without PVP requirements (but we do place T150-250 in PVP). PM if you are interested and I will ask the other Commanders if we have a spot.

Thanks punisher I found a public alliance sitting top 50 right now if things don't work out I'll let you know
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Thanks for the advice guys and girls
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    howard_icon.pngLocking topic as OP's question was answered and they have since found a home. howard_icon.png
This discussion has been closed.