Anniversary Event (10/10-10/17)

Options
Overarching event for anniversary week. Pretty awesome rewards.

Progression Rewards:
300, Anniversary Token
600: 1000 iso8.png
900: 25 spideycoin.png
1200: Deadpool blackflag.png
1500: 1000 iso8.png
1800: Anniversary Token
2100: 25 spideycoin.png
2400: Devil Dino purpleflag.png
2700: 1000 iso8.png
3000: Anniverary 10-pack

Placement
1: Anniverary 10-pack x2, 2000 iso8.png, 100 spideycoin.png
2-5: Anniverary 10-pack x2, 2000 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
6-10: Anniverary 10-pack, 2000 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
11-25: Anniverary 10-pack, 1000 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
26-50: Anniverary Token x5, 1000 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
51-100: Anniverary Token x3, 1000 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
101-250: Anniverary Token x2, 1000 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
251-500: Anniverary Token x2, 500 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
501-1000: Anniverary Token x2, 500 iso8.png, 25 spideycoin.png
1001-1500: Anniverary Token, 500 iso8.png, 25 spideycoin.png
1501-2000: Anniverary Token, 280 iso8.png, 25 spideycoin.png
2001-2500: Anniverary Token, 280 iso8.png
2501-5000: Anniverary Token, 140 iso8.png

Comments

• Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This mini-season... is pretty great.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There are only going to be 3 PVP events in this, correct? I don't think I'm hitting that 3000 without a Simulator.
  • There are only going to be 3 PVP events in this, correct? I don't think I'm hitting that 3000 without a Simulator.
    True, but I'll be happy if I can hit 2400 for a guaranteed Dino cover.
  • 3k in 3 (even 4) events is not possible for transitioning players. Add to that fact that 3* covers are getting harder to get due to reduced percentage in drops from tokens and everyone without maxed teams is pretty much **** if they wanna compete. Been playing for 275 days and not one blue Hood cover. I'm willing to drop money to get the other 4 covers but I can't even get that first one.
  • There are only going to be 3 PVP events in this, correct? I don't think I'm hitting that 3000 without a Simulator.

Should be 4 PVP events (Deadpool, Balance of Power, Combined Arms & probably Devil Dino PVP) ending next week Friday. I'm gonna try to reach 3000 for that 10 pack
  • Red Panda wrote:
    There are only going to be 3 PVP events in this, correct? I don't think I'm hitting that 3000 without a Simulator.

Should be 4 PVP events (Deadpool, Balance of Power, Combined Arms & probably Devil Dino PVP) ending next week Friday. I'm gonna try to reach 3000 for that 10 pack

The Anniversary event is 7.5 days and PvPs are 2.5 days each so 3 seems the obvious number but maybe they overlap them all.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's also going to be 4* Thor lightning rounds, but unless D3's feeling very generous those won't count toward the anniversary rewards.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    800 per PvP for a 2* is basically impossible these days without decent shield hopping and luck.

On the flip side, Dino is a 4*, so there is something to be said for having it be a reward for those who've put in the time, energy, and/or money to build a roster that can get there.

So can't say they got this wrong. At least there's a free Deadpool waiting!
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    This Anniversary week is pretty minikitty awesome.

Dinos everywhere!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    800 per PvP for a 2* is basically impossible these days without decent shield hopping and luck.

On the flip side, Dino is a 4*, so there is something to be said for having it be a reward for those who've put in the time, energy, and/or money to build a roster that can get there.

Hear that. I'm a lower-level 3* (4 153rd level characters) I can make 750ish if I shield hop once or twice. If they give us a "Simulator" type thing, or any way to gather a little extra, I can do it, otherwise... eeeh. I'll be satisfied with what I get.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Guess I have to take a step up and play in the big pool if I want that 10-pack. At least my Sentry/Hood are well covered now even if they're not well levelled...
  • Whatever one finishes in the middle of the week will be tougher for me, but I'll certainly be aiming for an average of 1000 on each of the three pvps to get the 10 pack.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:

Hear that. I'm a lower-level 3* (4 153rd level characters) I can make 750ish if I shield hop once or twice. If they give us a "Simulator" type thing, or any way to gather a little extra, I can do it, otherwise... eeeh. I'll be satisfied with what I get.

2 of the events are Balance of Power and Combined Arms which tend to be more forgiving to 2*/transitioning players so there's that. I hate all three events so 2400 is going to be a PITA.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:

2 of the events are Balance of Power and Combined Arms which tend to be more forgiving to 2*/transitioning players so there's that. I hate all three events so 2400 is going to be a PITA.

Balance of Power and Combined Arms have also tended to be lower scoring. Partially because people have cared less in the past, but also because you can't Sentry bomb a boosted Jugg to shield hop.

So in general, I'd try to get even more points during the Deadpool PVP.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Combined arms was that one that required 1 1*,2*, & 3* to make your team, right? Damn...I'm locked out again since I don't have any 2* or 1* characters left. This is going to be sadder than I originally thought.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Combined arms was that one that required 1 1*,2*, & 3* to make your team, right? Damn...I'm locked out again since I don't have any 2* or 1* characters left. This is going to be sadder than I originally thought.
    Yeah it was.

Just farm as many standard tokens as you can get - you'll get a usable 1* out of them easily enough. Granted you'll be easy meat for just about everyone but at least you'll be able to enter.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been saving 1* recruits for the past week and I've got more than enough for a 5/5 Venom, though I'm hoping to build up a Juggernaut instead if I can. And the double Iso week will make leveling a breeze, if they're not all boosted straight to 270 again.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3000 was going to be tough, but if the last 2 are going to be the "novelty" PvPs, I can pretty much forget about it.
  • Combined arms was the one that gave everyone a max level regardless of their covers. So if you can get even just 1 cover for someone they'll at least have the health of a max char. So... I guess if they're going to do it pick a 1* like Jugg or Venom and get as many covers for them as you can until they run the PvP (If they do in fact run it )
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't have any room left in my roster. I'm not going to sell off my multiple covers of 3* or 4* characters to make room for any.

I've also taken Free to Play as a personal challenge. So, yeah, stinks to be me, but those are the breaks of self-imposed restrictions.