Deadpool Daily Quest - Round Twenty One - May 29 to June 2

Options
Go team, go team, do your best
it's round twenty one of Deadpool's Quest!

Slipping this one in a little early. Tomorrow will be another busy one.

Covers for this round will be Captain Marvel (Yellow), Iron Man (Yellow), Iron Fist (Black), Ragnarok (Blue), and Kamala Khan (Green)

Day One:
That Guy From That Place -
Storm** (15), Criterion (10), Criterion (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Subject (20), Empiricist (22), Control (25), Control (28)
Wave 2 Criterion (40), Criterion (42), Magneto*** (50), Control (46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Deadpool*** (74), Magneto (70), Wolverine*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Captain Marvel** (64), Moonstone** (60), Wolverine** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Thug (99), Hitman (100), Brawler (105)
Wave 2 She-Hulk*** (112), Daredevil*** (111), Beast*** (110)
Wave 3 Muscle (122), Defender (121), Maggia Don (120)
Wave 4 Hood*** (130), Doctor Doom*** (132), Deadpool*** (131)

Reward:Captain Marvel (Yellow)
Day Two:
Bagman** (15), Teisatsu (10), Shinobi (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Teisatsu (20), Teisatsu (22), Shinobi (25), Shinobi (28)
Wave 2 Shinobi (40), Shinobi (42), Beast*** (50), Teisatsu (46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Loki*** (74), Gorgon (70), Human Torch*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Black Widow** (64), Hawkeye** (60), Human Torch** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Criterion (99), Control (100), Grenadier (105)
Wave 2 Psylocke*** (112), Captain Marvel*** (111), Squirrel Girl*** (110)
Wave 3 Commander (122), Control (121), Spy (120)
Wave 4 Nick Fury**** (130), Magneto*** (132), Captain America*** (131)

Reward:Iron Man (Yellow)
Day Three:
Bullseye** (15), Brawler (10), Brawler (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Brawler (20), Brawler (22), Brawler (25), Decoy (28)
Wave 2 Decoy (40), Defender (42), Daredevil*** (50), Decoy (46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Gamora*** (74), Doctor Doom*** (70), Mystique*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Bullseye** (64), Human Torch** (60), Wolverine** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Teisatsu (99), Teisatsu(100), Muscle (105)
Wave 2 Colossus*** (112), Captain Marvel*** (111), Punisher*** (110)
Wave 3 Muscle (122), Maggia Don(121), Konran (120)
Wave 4 Deadpool*** (130), Gorgon*** (132), Hood*** (131)

Reward:Iron Fist (Black)
Day Four:
Captain Marvel** (15), Spy (10), Soldier (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Spy (20), Sniper (22), Spy (25), Sniper (28)
Wave 2 Pyro (40), Grenadier (42), Ironman*** (50), Pyro (46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Hawkeye** (74), Nick Fury**** (70), Captain America*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Captain Marvel** (64), Ares** (60), Human Torch** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Control (99), Subject(100), Brawler (105)
Wave 2 Beast*** (112), Luke Cage*** (111), Ironman*** (110)
Wave 3 Criterion (122), Empiricist(121), Decoy (120)
Wave 4 Doctor Doom*** (130), Nick Fury**** (132), Deadpool*** (131)

Reward:Ragnarok (Blue)
Day Five:
Magneto** (15), Subject (10), Subject (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Subject (20), Criterion (22), Control (25), Empiricist(28)
Wave 2 Subject (40), Criterion (42), Spiderman*** (50), Criterion (46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Spider Man*** (74), Magneto*** (70), Mohawk*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Black Widow** (64), Bagman** (60), Thor** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Muscle (99), Thug(100), Analyst (105)
Wave 2 Punisher*** (112), Human Torch*** (111), Hulk*** (110)
Wave 3 Criterion (122), Empiricist(121), Decoy (120)
Wave 4 Thor**** (130), Black Panther*** (132), Sentry*** (131)

Reward:Kamala Khan (Green)

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey, ninjas on one of the 2 covers i don't need.. yay

Going to get the Kamala green, even though it is already at 5, just because it is that awesome.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ****. The one day I'm even going to be able to attempt (IF blackflag.png ), and it's ninja-time... Awesome.

Come on, D3! Hurry with that patch!

Edit: if RNGesus really loves me, I'm going to pull a KK before day 5... we'll seeeee... icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • Unknown
    Options
    Finally Marvel yellow!
    I have her at 5/4/0 - definitely an elusive cover for me...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nuts, only 2 of 5 for me this round, and IF black is ninja day.

Still, it will be my first IF black, and my first KK green, so they'll be welcome covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So Ragnarok is June 1st?

Where do people find this advance info?

It will be nice to have his blue, I already have his red and green at one cover each. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    So Ragnarok is June 1st?

Where do people find this advance info?

They've kept to a very consistent pattern so far - going cover by cover in the exact same order, with the only difference adding a few people at the end of the last (big) cycle. There's some question after this round's covers, though - they could add the newer characters, start over from exactly how they did it last time, or start over with an entirely new pattern.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Typical Iron fist has ninjas. One of best characters in the game and they have to guard the cover with buggy ninjas.

The patch can not come fast enough. Sure there are work around magnetos coercive field etc, but rather not have to deal with the ninja stressfest before work.

Least Kamala falls on a ninja free day. Sold ragnorok for hero points.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mr_X wrote:
    Sold ragnorok for hero points.

so....you went from ....Rags to Riches?
  • mr_X
    Options
    I did, Lol. My new found wealth helped me get another roster spot. Which seemed like a fair trade. Nearly sold she hulk also.

So glad I did not. She's well useful. Vastly underrated.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Today I finally obtain my 1st cover for IF (IF greenflag.png ) from a DDQ token icon_e_biggrin.gif , then I wondered will there be a catch? and when I check this thread then I see that the catch is that his blackflag.png is guarded by the annoying Ninjas.
  • ThePLAV
    ThePLAV Posts: 28
    Options
    I didn't think I'd be able to get through with just my 2*, but Thormneto to the rescue!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got my IF blackflag.png just now to add to the one I pulled from a token last night! Currently At 1/1/2 and rising! Woo hoo! icon_e_biggrin.gif

The ninjas didn't give me much trouble, sans having to adjust my play to deal with the, well, excessive strike tiles, although I DID accidentally let through a tommy gun in of my anxiety. lol

Got the last pesky tile just before 2hor redflag.png ing the final dude a couple times to end wave 1, and from there, it was on!

Said it before, I'll say it again, it's not ideal, but loosing a 2hor yellowflag.png and then a cStorm greenflag.png in that first wave as necessary really helps clean things up... icon_e_wink.gif

Good luck to everyone else!

DBC
  • mr_X
    Options
    Congratulations on that Iron Fist favoured taco. That is a great draw.

Also drew gold from a taco today, but unfortunately Iron Man blue. Pulled Thor green and hood yellow last week so cannot complain.

Iron fist now 1,1,5. so he is getting there, but it is strange how you end up with builds like that.
  • 12chris6
    12chris6 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    So I killed the ninjas with out cascading tiles and I'm still getting hit with attack tiles. I HATE NINJAS!
  • Unknown
    Options
    12chris6 wrote:
    So I killed the ninjas with out cascading tiles and I'm still getting hit with attack tiles. I HATE NINJAS!

Yeah, it's a complete mess. Not sure if you've got the characters I listed above, but board shakers and anything that creates a bunch of tiles for the board shakers really help (I use 2hor yellowflag.png to cStorm greenflag.png ). Maybe a character that overwrites them LCap blueflag.png ?

Other than that, you really have to change your playing style, especially in wave 1 (removing tiles as opposed to gathering AP), and a couple lucky drops (2 redtile.png s dropping on top of a eattack.png , etc.)...

The good news is it's only that first wave, so if you can somehow get through alive and get rid of enough of the existing strike tiles, you can go back to your original play style from there...

Good luck!

DBC
  • 12chris6
    12chris6 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    12chris6 wrote:

Yeah, it's a complete mess. Not sure if you've got the characters I listed above, but board shakers and anything that creates a bunch of tiles for the board shakers really help (I use 2hor yellowflag.png to cStorm greenflag.png ). Maybe a character that overwrites them LCap blueflag.png ?

Other than that, you really have to change your playing style, especially in wave 1 (removing tiles as opposed to gathering AP), and a couple lucky drops (2 redtile.png s dropping on top of a eattack.png , etc.)...

The good news is it's only that first wave, so if you can somehow get through alive and get rid of enough of the existing strike tiles, you can go back to your original play style from there...

Good luck!

DBC

I always run with maxed out 2* Thor, Storm, & Black Widow. I know it's only the first wave, but I had about 12+ attack tiles. It was so annoying and my characters were getting demolished. It took me 2 tries, but I did it. I do love fighting The Maggia Don though, especially with OBW. I get to steal so much AP.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    12chris6 wrote:
    I do love fighting The Maggia Don though, especially with OBW. I get to steal so much AP.

I'm the same way - I leave him for last in the third wave since there's really very little he can do to hurt me - as long as I make sure he never gets off any black traps, but since that one starts off with a 10 count, it hasn't happened. OBW uses him as an AP piggy bank to set up the fourth wave for my 3 star.png Cap with both his red and blue.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow I nearly got attack-tiled to oblivion today, and it was sheer luck more than anything that got me through.

I killed the last wave-1 ninja with a Thunder Strike, I think. Which led to a cascade.

I lost count of attack tiles at 18 or 20. It was insane. Clearly every single tile match after the ninja's death triggered that damn bugged skill.

Luckily with all the green, a couple of Storm Lightning Strikes cleared a lot of the wreckage, and an Anti-Gravity Device healed everyone up.

Devs... FIX THIS! Or at least have the freaking courtesty to disable ninjas until you do!
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mr_X wrote:
    Congratulations on that Iron Fist favoured taco. That is a great draw.

Also drew gold from a taco today, but unfortunately Iron Man blue. Pulled Thor green and hood yellow last week so cannot complain.

Iron fist now 1,1,5. so he is getting there, but it is strange how you end up with builds like that.

It's weird how covers are drawn with some characters - my IF is 4/1/5 (not counting the black I had to sell today) and my Hood is 5/1/5. I drew another IF black in a Heroic last week as well.
  • winter37
    winter37 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    The ninjas were brutal today. I failed a few attempts with my usual Enchilada team of maxed 2*Thor, OBW, and lvl 94 Hood. I took a different tactic, and after the ninjas first instead of the muscle , and that plus a good board let me coast through the rest of the fight.