PVE: Growth Industry

Options
jffdougan
jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
Per some comments from David "Hi-Fi" Moore, we think this will be like a mix of DDQ and the Gauntlet. No more is known yet, but we might get a video or post before the night is over.

Progression Reward:

3630: icon_antman.pngpurpleflag.png

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Very curious to discover what this event has in store for us! icon_cool.gif
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Carnage_78 wrote:

Me, too. I'll post at my earliest opportunity after it goes live.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    Options
    I'm pretty excited for a stand-alone event to give out a 4*. First of its kind plus a new PvE story is welcoming.
    I hope it is obtainable as I always got stuck at the beginning of the 3rd leg of Gauntlet. Also hope it doesn't limit my roster. I have 73 characters, but when they make limited roster PvE, I feel like I can barely play.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm pretty excited for a stand-alone event to give out a 4*. First of its kind plus a new PvE story is welcoming.
    I hope it is obtainable as I always got stuck at the beginning of the 3rd leg of Gauntlet. Also hope it doesn't limit my roster. I have 73 characters, but when they make limited roster PvE, I feel like I can barely play.

Hope not. Not fan of locked roster battles either. Seems illogical to encourage you to develop a large roster then padlock them all out.
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm hoping that over the 30 days the event goes on that one of each cover is available for grabs
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Carnage_78 wrote:

I'm going to guess at least 2 server crashes
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yeah, that's my slight concern. Only once I did a full clear of the Gauntlet, just hope whatever awaits us isn't as infuriating as those nodes.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Details are up, there is just the 1 reward.

Wonder how many nodes you have to beat since it is such a small amount.

It appears you team up with Ant-Man (no other featured chars) to complete a DDQ type event to win your very own Ant-Man!

(i bet it is waves of Tietsu + Muscle lol) /sarcasm
  • Marty17
    Options
    "Complete all 5 missions to earn your own Ant-Man!"

It doesn't sound that bad, but I'm still skeptical due to it's a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png reward, so it's not going to be a walk in the park...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:

It doesn't sound that bad, but I'm still skeptical due to it's a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png reward, so it's not going to be a walk in the park...
    define 'mission'... each one could be a gauntlet. since its a 30 day event and a **** , I'm guessing it won't be 'easy'
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am very antsy to see what this event will hold - under 2 hours now....also pretty glad that the scaling is gone. I think some of us are misinterpreting the 30-day event statement. This one probably only runs for 3 days or something and they will introduce another one similar but harder for a "better" cover and then do it again with a rinse/ repeat of the same events...we shall soon see...
  • Marty17
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:

define 'mission'... each one could be a gauntlet. since its a 30 day event and a **** , I'm guessing it won't be 'easy'

That's why I'm skeptical. In writing it doesn't sound bad but in practice though...completely different story.
  • Unknown
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    A 30-day event? I completely missed that detail. OK, I can see it. That score (3630) is not a score. That's the number of games you have to win. icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm annoyed that this starts in 40 minutes and the devs haven't given us any info on what to expect. I shouldn't be surprised by this, given what we've seen in the past, but still... we got that nice video before the first run of Ultron; I was hoping for something similar.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I'm annoyed that this starts in 40 minutes and the devs haven't given us any info on what to expect. I shouldn't be surprised by this, given what we've seen in the past, but still... we got that nice video before the first run of Ultron; I was hoping for something similar.

the Ant-icipation is swarming now.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    t minus 28 minutes to server crash. initiation sequence activated....
  • minionruush
    Options
    nodes look repeatable so should be no prob with progression award icon_e_smile.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    nodes look repeatable so should be no prob with progression award icon_e_smile.gif

Looks like they are repeatble for rewards, but not for points.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    What is Deadpool doing INSIDE of Deadpool?

Also why is Deadpool trying to stop me from fixing his tennis elbow?