star.pngstar.png
icon_thor.png Marvel NOW!
icon_magneto.png Marvel NOW!
star.png
icon_storm.png Modern
icon_venom.png Dark Avengers

Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + icon_nickfury.pngyellowflag.png
2-5. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_cyclops.pngredflag.pngblackflag.pngyellowflag.png
6-10. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_cyclops.pngblackflag.pngyellowflag.png
11-25. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_cyclops.pngblackflag.pngyellowflag.png
26-50. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png
51-100. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, icon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png
101-200. 500 iso8.png, icon_moonstone.pngblackflag.png
201-300. 250 iso8.png, icon_moonstone.pngblackflag.png
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 iso8.png
401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 All Boosts redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
200. icon_storm.pngyellowflag.png
300. Event Token
400. 25 imcoin.png
500. 1000 iso8.png
575. 25 imcoin.png
650. Event Token
725. 50 imcoin.png
800. icon_scarletwitch.pnggreenflag.png
850. 1000 iso8.png
900. Event Token
950. 1000 iso8.png
1000. icon_thing.pnggreenflag.png
1300. icon_kingpin.pngpurpleflag.png

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png, icon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png
3-10. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png
11-25. 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png
25-50. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png
51-100. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Ending Time Countdowns

Slice 1
Slice 2
Slice 3
Slice 4
Slice 5

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    The Thing PvP with Cyclops covers as reward? Blood on the dance floor, I say.
  • Unknown
    Options
    holy bleep so many good prizes i want them all
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i'm gonna unveil my "ultimate whale" team.. Kingpin/Hulkbuster/Thing.. 60 k to chew on.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is going to be brutal.. only 3 covers on my Thing (no puns), getting to 1k is going to be horrid, but i really need it.... no need for cyclops anything so once i get to 1k i will gladly let people beat my Thing all the way down..

any tips on a good team? I have loads of max covered 3*'s and enough iso to bring up another to 166, but i have pretty much no PVP usable 4*'s
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    i'm gonna unveil my "ultimate whale" team.. Kingpin/Hulkbuster/Thing.. 60 k to chew on.. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Please do! And pick shard 4!!! I want a crack at your team plz! icon_twisted.gif

I see two ways to pull off a successful attack on that team. First, kill with a million cuts via Hood, Loki. AP denial and drain all the way to victory. Will take 10 minutes or so. icon_lol.gif Not advisable during the shield hop phase obviously.

Second is to rely on Punisher's retribution. I would team him up w/ sentry as backup and protection. With the right amount of reds, yels, gr on the board, this team will knock elephant teams down FAST.
  • puppychow
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    any tips on a good team? I have loads of max covered 3*'s and enough iso to bring up another to 166, but i have pretty much no PVP usable 4*'s

I would soft climb with patch/laken. Two big time healers go w/ a massively healthy thing. icon_cool.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I would soft climb with patch/laken. Two big time healers go w/ a massively healthy thing. icon_cool.gif

Thats the problem, my Thing has no yellow, so the enemy strike tiles are going to eat everyone alive if i use patch, and my personal Thing has 2 green covers, which the AI will use over Patch, so on defense that will sorta suck.

I will try it though!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    my Thing has no yellow
    Use loaner - it has all colors
  • Unknown
    Options
    For those like myself that only have one Thing cover please remember to roll with the Thing the game offers instead. It defaults to your lowly one covered character automatically when the other has all three of his abilities.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's some weird teams out there. I've seen about a dozen occurrences of single cover Ant-man, the latest one paired with a single cover (black) X-Force. I'm almost embarrassed to fight, but hey it's 34 points and from the state of the roster I'm not likely to lose the retaliation.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Options
    Just hit 1k pts. I won't be shielding so there's some high points available out there.

Pretty easy to get 1k here compared to the last PVP. Then again that was Hulkbuster...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ram51 wrote:
    Just hit 1k pts. I won't be shielding so there's some high points available out there.

Pretty easy to get 1k here compared to the last PVP. Then again that was Hulkbuster...
    good to hear icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    So far so good. I'm shielded @ 753pts and #6 with intention to shield-hop to 1k. I already got blackflag.png Bullseye 3* from event token so Scarlet Witch cover and possible Cyclops covers will only sweeten the results of this PvP.

Generally speaking I like this tournament. So many people have 0-2 Thing covers (me included) so they rather use that 1/1/1 loaner and struggle to find useful pair to combo with him. That means lots of variation in team structures which is nice to battle against! icon_e_smile.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    There's some weird teams out there. I've seen about a dozen occurrences of single cover Ant-man, the latest one paired with a single cover (black) X-Force. I'm almost embarrassed to fight, but hey it's 34 points and from the state of the roster I'm not likely to lose the retaliation.
    Not really something to be embarrassed about, sometimes players want pvp rewards but have no means of competing with most, especially in 1 star land and early 2 star land.
    Their probably just hoping for some iso or something.
  • Unknown
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Not really something to be embarrassed about, sometimes players want pvp rewards but have no means of competing with most, especially in 1 star land and early 2 star land.
    Their probably just hoping for some iso or something.
    I don't think moon was pointing it out for the sake of embarrassment, just that this PVP was less entrenched in the same flavor.

It's good that people are pointing out their observations that teams are much more varied(and easier to take down!) in this PVP. I assume there's folks who're excited to try out the Thing and possibly win him, so Kombatants will come out of the woodwork
  • puppychow
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

I was soft climbing with patch/laken combo, and did fairly well with 2 true healers. If your Thing can tank red, I would plug in Punisher for patch. Again, that's ONLY if your Thing can tank red, or else Punpun will be a sitting duck. I've been hard climbing w/ laken/punpun combo, and it delivers a knock out punch to even max 4 star.png teams because Punisher's retribution can take down even 20k health quickly. But since the combo has relatively little health, it's a very weak defensive team, and I haven't gotten any defensive wins for that reason.
  • puppychow
    Options
    re: weird combos. The weirdest combo I have seen is a guy using a 5 green covered Thing plus 4 pink covered Antman. I forgot what the third teammate was. But suffice to say, it was a short 90 seconds match for me. Thank you for a quick 34! icon_lol.gif

That being said, I think people are definitely taking advantage of 3 colored loaners, because very few peoples are running around w/ Thing w/ all three colors, unless you're either a pve maniac (like me) or a big 42 cover pack buying whale to unlock all 3 colors.

I'll be honest. Thing is a mid tier 4 star.png at best. Yes, he has 20k+ health when buffed. But I've been taking down these elephant teams with a laken/punisher combo all event long. So I personally wouldn't go crazy trying to get Thing covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got to about 800 points, which I was doubting because my brackets point totals were so low but kept getting attacked so had to shield. The powered up characters aren't as dominant unless you've got a SWitch/Kingpin/Hulkbuster so there's alot of weird teams, as noted. Going to try to shield hop later to 1000. Want to try for 1300 but don't necessartily need it b/c my kingpin has 3 purp but still want to see if I can do it. And secure some Scott covers.

All in my stream archive, of course.

Edit: can't believe people are still attacking me/trying to get over my score. It's a real bloodbath...seems like no one can get past 800. Guess they're too stubborn to shield.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My Thing is at 3/5/4, 180th level, which is probably why I haven't been attacked yet. I'm still sub-700; I'll get above 1000 for that last cover probably tomorrow and probably won't shield, since I don't need Cyclops covers. If it's practical (spoiler alert: it almost certainly won't be) I may try to push to 1300, since I've got an advantage in this one I'm almost never going to have again. But I also don't have a 350 Hulkbuster, and 1000-1300 will probably be facing him 100% of the time.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Probably everyone knows this already, but I want to share something I discovered yesterday about the AI and stuns when playing this event.

We know that when two or more opponents share an active colour, it makes a choice when it has the smallest amount needed as to whether it's used now, or saved up for one of the higher-cost powers.

I had a situation where the AI had enough green for Thing's Yancy Street, but didn't use it, then got 3 more, enough for Thor's Call the Storm. Now, I'd much rather the former, and I had enough red, so I tried something. I Clobbered Thor, stunning him, made my move, and the AI immediately fired off Yancy Street.

It looks like the AI includes only active (i.e. ignores the stunned) characters when working out which powers are available to use.

Like I said, probably everyone already knows this, but after 450 or so days of play, I didn't.