This Event:
icon_hood.png Classic

New Characters:
:jeangrey: All New X-Men
icon_antman.png Scott Lang
This Week:
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_elektra.png Unkillable
icon_nickfury.png Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.
star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_blackwidow.png Grey Suit
icon_doctordoom.png Classic
icon_hulk.png Indestructible
icon_lukecage.png Hero for Hire
icon_shehulk.png Modern
star.pngstar.png
icon_daken.png Dark Avengers
icon_ares.png Dark Avengers
star.png
icon_blackwidow.png Modern
icon_storm.png Modern

Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + icon_elektra.pngpurpleflag.png
2-5. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_ironfist.pngpurpleflag.pnggreenflag.pngblackflag.png
6-10. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_ironfist.pnggreenflag.pngblackflag.png
11-25. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_ironfist.pnggreenflag.pngblackflag.png
26-50. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_ironfist.pngblackflag.png
51-100. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, icon_ironfist.pngblackflag.png
101-200. 500 iso8.png, icon_daken.pngblueflag.png
201-300. 250 iso8.png, icon_daken.pngblueflag.png
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 iso8.png
401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 All Boosts redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
200. icon_ms_marvel.pngyellowflag.png
300. Event Token
400. 25 imcoin.png
500. 1000 iso8.png
575. 25 imcoin.png
650. Event Token
725. 50 imcoin.png
800. icon_hood.pngyellowflag.png
850. 1000 iso8.png
900. Event Token
950. 1000 iso8.png
1000. icon_carnage.pngredflag.png
1300. icon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png, icon_ironfist.pngblackflag.png
3-10. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_ironfist.pngblackflag.png
11-25. 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_ironfist.pngblackflag.png
25-50. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_ironfist.pngblackflag.png
51-100. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_ironfist.pngblackflag.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Ending Time Countdowns

Slice 1
Slice 2
Slice 3
Slice 4
Slice 5

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Burned by the RNG again. Finally get IF rewards, and of course icon_ironfist.pngpurpleflag.png is the top 5 award.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With this PVP and the simulator I should be able to get my carnage to 5,0,5. Not bad for not buying any covers of him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is sad. My Hood is now more or less effective (his blue is fully covered), but the only attainable rewards for me are IF blackflag.png ... And my IF has been sitting at 3-0-5 for a while now. So. Sad.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is sad. My Hood is now more or less effective (his blue is fully covered), but the only attainable rewards for me are IF blackflag.png ... And my IF has been sitting at 3-0-5 for a while now. So. Sad.

Need at least t25 also on this one. IF at 3-1-5. Hood is complete but once you get in top 25 just about everyone will be packing a built Hood.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Options
    mr_X wrote:

Need at least t25 also on this one. IF at 3-1-5. Hood is complete but once you get in top 25 just about everyone will be packing a built Hood.

That is how it works now with these multi buff PVPs. I have a pinned hood, hulk and cage and when you're in the top heap you're facing fellow poweredup teams, and luck comes into play as much as anything. Same went for Thor. You get a bunch of overpowered (DELETED BY MOD). Watching Cage pull 10k off of a well buffed fresh enemy to 1 shot kill him is hilarious, and arguably not fair. In pvps like these my losses typically come from people with buffed 4 star people.

As for IF.. I guess like most anything, I'm developed enough that I don't need any covers bad enough to really try hard on PVPs for. It's a waste now. I'm missing the odd high value cover and to apply myself to win top 25 is a waste. I got lucky with IF and mine is 5-2-5 - no purchases. I'll be happy with him at 153 and wait for a lucky draw.

Circling back to hood.. A fully covered hood is key only in 2 situations. 1) when he is buffed. 2) when you're fighting a guy with a fully covered hood.

Moderator note: racist slurs will not be tolerated. This user has had their posting privileges revoked after multiple warnings. Please don't be that guy. -DayvBang
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I can see a lot of Thing teams being run. Thankfully Fury or Cage or Goddess can be used to stun Thing before he turns into a 17k health extra lifebar for Hood.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My default team for this one is Hood / Daken / GSBW. My Holy Spread Sheet of No Overlapping Actives (*) gave me a dozen or so options, but with my roster this is one of only 3 that have full rainbow coverage. (The others are Daken / Devil Dinosaur and She-Hulk / Falcon.)

I like the idea of also trying Daken and Blade / Deadpool / Falcon / Kamala / Witch / Hulk / Patch / Devil; see what works, what crashes and burns.

(*) New motto - never give the AI a choice of powers when defending. Time to change the signature.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Moon Roach, it's really okay to have overlapping actives.
    For example Thor/Hood: Thor yellow is a match cheaper and likelier to get used on defense. Though I hate the idea of Cage/Hood due to poor colour coverage, Cage yellow is also more likely to get used. Etc, etc. Not to mention how Daken and GSBW are both extremely poor choices for high-end PvP. Okay to climb, not okay to use during hops. They basically scream "hit me".
    Try Patch/Doom if you want a true healer with strike tiles on your team: offensive synergy beats any defense your team can potentially have. Cause there's no such thing as AI defense anyway: it accounts for less than 1% of points ever earned. It's all about unstoppable attack and well-timed shield(s).
    Myself, I am going to use some Doom/Carnage during the climb, and hop with Carnage/Fury a lot, since Fistbuster is cool and fast and all but you gotta have some variety so as not to get bored out of your skull.

Edit: another trollific team: She-Hulk/Hood/Loki. It's basically 'no overlapping actives' too since Loki black is unusable without enemy specials. You can use Hood black to trigger those sweet Mischief tiles earlier, or use Trickery if needed.
    I also recommend Elektra/Hood/any blue + green user you have to take down Fistbuster teams with impunity. Elektra needs not to be well-leveled but it helps. Elektra is not PvP-viable in general but tell me what else you use to take down Fistbuster teams if you don't have your own. Works against all strike tile teams, of course.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why is hood black never a reward... ugh.. 5/5/2 for months now.. Will probably just push to 2nd token as i don't need any rewards from this.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach, it's really okay to have overlapping actives.
    For example Thor/Hood: Thor yellow is a match cheaper and likelier to get used on defense. Though I hate the idea of Cage/Hood due to poor colour coverage, Cage yellow is also more likely to get used. Etc, etc. Not to mention how Daken and GSBW are both extremely poor choices for high-end PvP. Okay to climb, not okay to use during hops. They basically scream "hit me".
    Try Patch/Doom if you want a true healer with strike tiles on your team: offensive synergy beats any defense your team can potentially have. Cause there's no such thing as AI defense anyway: it accounts for less than 1% of points ever earned. It's all about unstoppable attack and well-timed shield(s).
    Myself, I am going to use some Doom/Carnage during the climb, and hop with Carnage/Fury a lot, since Fistbuster is cool and fast and all but you gotta have some variety so as not to get bored out of your skull.

Edit: another trollific team: She-Hulk/Hood/Loki. It's basically 'no overlapping actives' too since Loki black is unusable without enemy specials. You can use Hood black to trigger those sweet Mischief tiles earlier, or use Trickery if needed.
    I also recommend Elektra/Hood/any blue + green user you have to take down Fistbuster teams with impunity. Elektra needs not to be well-leveled but it helps. Elektra is not PvP-viable in general but tell me what else you use to take down Fistbuster teams if you don't have your own. Works against all strike tile teams, of course.

The no-overlaps is just to stop the AI making a less-than-ideal choice. I'll probably get bored of the concept in a couple of weeks, or when I get back to playing PvP more than PvE.

Daken / GSBW crashed and burned very quickly, just too squishy. I like the Loki / She-Hulk combination, thanks for that.

My 4* aren't great, no way I could even attempt to beat a busted fist team, so I mostly just climb to 800, perhaps 1000 if it's a 4* cover I'd like, and that's it. Sometimes I shield, sometimes I don't. What I really want in each event is a team that looks easy to beat but really isn't, that I can leave to fend for itself. In SHIELD Simulator last season my Dino / Carnage / Doc Ock got way more defensive wins than losses, so mission accomplished there.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Will Patch's purple strikes overwrite Doom's traps?
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:

Will Patch's purple strikes overwrite Doom's traps?

It will not overwrite friendly trap tiles.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I've been running a hood, patch, loki combo. while it's on the lower end for health, having patch trigger his attacks then loki tricking the enemy tiles save me a lot of heals. I've gotten quite a few defensive wins too. icon_lol.gif
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I put up a She hulk/hood/blade team and got two defensive wins already. Blade black does good damage and adds to the already annoying AP steal of the others.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Moon Roach, you gotta start believing in your ability to take down maxed 4*s! We all were there icon_e_smile.gif Trust me, Fistbuster, the most popular hopping team of the month, is not that hard to take down without Fistbuster of your own. Just try to kill Fist asap after taking out Hood, of course, have a good purple for your own team. If you get outside of your usual zone, you might like the new prizes achievable with higher scoring. Shulk or Elektra would both be able to turn HB's strike tiles or steal/negate red damage. Doom purple would deal crazypants damage after 10+ turns, likely immediately killing a Hulkbuster.
    Every character works, especially if buffed. You have the means to beat any pimped out 4* team, it's all about how fast and with what losses. But the gain would be worth it.

Edit: oh, and there are no teams able to defend themselves, not at an attractive score, anyway.
  • puppychow
    Options
    I've taken out if/hb teams with my loki/patch combo, and neither character is boosted if you notice. The key is to deny red, accumulate blacks. The IF/HB combo is fairly slow, and the AI doesn't always play it right. There's definitely hope.
  • puppychow
    Options

Edit: oh, and there are no teams able to defend themselves, not at an attractive score, anyway.

I have yet to figure out how to take down LLohm of Crewsaders' max Hood, Jean Grey, Hulkbuster team. Perhaps you'll like to take a crack at it? icon_twisted.gif

[Yes, the dude bought his shiny level 270 535 Jean Grey--before Hulk pve is over! icon_eek.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_lol.gif ]
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:

I have yet to figure out how to take down LLohm of Crewsaders' max Hood, Jean Grey, Hulkbuster team. Perhaps you'll like to take a crack at it? icon_twisted.gif

[Yes, the dude bought his shiny level 270 535 Jean Grey--before Hulk pve is over! icon_eek.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_lol.gif ]

Scarlet, Deadpool, and 28000 points.
  • Picklechu
    Picklechu Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    At least IF Purple is the 800pt reward in the next event!
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    puppychow wrote:

Scarlet, Deadpool, and 28000 points.

Except for the part where boosted JG deals 4000 damage to your team, destroys your strongest color AP and stuns everyone for 2 turns when Scarlet Witch's passive makes a match-5.

I wonder how many defensive points LLohm is getting from people who just want to test run PVP vs JG.