Deadpool Daily Quest - Round 47 - Oct 6-Oct 10

Options
ZootSax
ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
I don't have dearbluey's first-hand access to Deadpool, so once again it's just the facts. Otherwise, here's this rounds DDQ info.

Round 47 uses "Sweet" taco tokens.

Covers for this round will be Storm (Green), Luke Cage (Yellow), Rocket & Groot (Yellow), Spider-Man (Yellow) and Daredevil (Purple)

Day One:
That Guy From That Place -
Storm** (15), Criterion (10), Criterion (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Subject (20), Empiricist (22), Control (25), Control (28)
Wave 2 Criterion (40), Criterion (42), Magneto*** (50), Control (46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Deadpool*** (74), Magneto (70), Wolverine*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Captain Marvel** (64), Moonstone** (60), Wolverine** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Thug (99), Hitman (100), Brawler (105)
Wave 2 She-Hulk*** (112), Daredevil*** (111), Beast*** (110)
Wave 3 Muscle (122), Defender (121), Maggia Don (120)
Wave 4 Hood*** (130), Doctor Doom*** (132), Deadpool*** (131)

Reward: Storm (Green)

Day Two:
Bagman** (15), Teisatsu (10), Shinobi (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Teisatsu (20), Teisatsu (22), Shinobi (25), Shinobi (28)
Wave 2 Shinobi (40), Shinobi (42), Beast*** (50), Teisatsu (46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Loki*** (74), Gorgon (70), Human Torch*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Black Widow** (64), Hawkeye** (60), Human Torch** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Criterion (99), Control (100), Grenadier (105)
Wave 2 Psylocke*** (112), Captain Marvel*** (111), Squirrel Girl*** (110)
Wave 3 Commander (122), Control (121), Spy (120)
Wave 4 Nick Fury**** (130), Magneto*** (132), Captain America*** (131)

Reward: Luke Cage (Yellow)

Day Three:
Bullseye** (15), Brawler (10), Brawler (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Brawler (20), Brawler (22), Brawler (25), Decoy (28)
Wave 2 Decoy (40), Defender (42), Daredevil*** (50), Decoy (46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Gamora*** (74), Doctor Doom*** (70), Mystique*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Bullseye** (64), Human Torch** (60), Wolverine** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Teisatsu (99), Teisatsu(100), Muscle (105)
Wave 2 Colossus*** (112), Captain Marvel*** (111), Punisher*** (110)
Wave 3 Muscle (122), Maggia Don(121), Konran (120)
Wave 4 Deadpool*** (130), Gorgon*** (132), Hood*** (131)

Reward: Rocket & Groot (Yellow)

Day Four:
Captain Marvel** (15), Spy (10), Soldier (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Spy (20), Sniper (22), Spy (25), Sniper (28)
Wave 2 Pyro (40), Grenadier (42), Ironman*** (50), Pyro (46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Hawkeye** (74), Nick Fury**** (70), Captain America*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Captain Marvel** (64), Ares** (60), Human Torch** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Control (99), Subject(100), Brawler (105)
Wave 2 Beast*** (112), Luke Cage*** (111), Ironman*** (110)
Wave 3 Criterion (122), Empiricist(121), Decoy (120)
Wave 4 Doctor Doom*** (130), Nick Fury**** (132), Deadpool*** (131)

Reward: Spider-Man (Yellow)

Day Five:
Magneto** (15), Subject (10), Subject (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Subject (20), Criterion (22), Control (25), Empiricist(28)
Wave 2 Subject (40), Criterion (42), Spiderman*** (50), Criterion (46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Spider Man*** (74), Magneto*** (70), Mohawk*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Black Widow** (64), Bagman** (60), Thor** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Muscle (99), Thug(100), Analyst (105)
Wave 2 Punisher*** (112), Human Torch*** (111), Hulk*** (110)
Wave 3 Criterion (122), Empiricist(121), Decoy (120)
Wave 4 Thor**** (130), Black Panther*** (132), Sentry*** (131)

Reward: Daredevil (Purple)

4* Node:
TBD

Comments

• Thought I was finally going to dodge the ninjas for Day 2's Cage yellow, which I don't need, but they switched days again to Day 3's Groot yellow, which I do... Poop.

My list of color-finished characters is growing, and it won't be long now before I can skip some of them, although if precedent holds, I'll likely play those days anyway... icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • ZootSax
    Options
    Thought I was finally going to dodge the ninjas for Day 2's Cage yellow, which I don't need, but they switched days again to Day 3's Groot yellow, which I do... Poop.

My list of color-finished characters is growing, and it won't be long now before I can skip some of them, although if precedent holds, I'll likely play those days anyway... icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC

It's a ten-day cycle, with each five-day halves having one ninja day for BE. It's Day 3 for "Sweet" weeks and Day 1 for "Savory". Both are slightly different--Sweet is two ninjas and a Muscle, Savory is three ninjas.
  • ZootSax wrote:
    Thought I was finally going to dodge the ninjas for Day 2's Cage yellow, which I don't need, but they switched days again to Day 3's Groot yellow, which I do... Poop.

DBC

It's a ten-day cycle, with each five-day halves having one ninja day for BE. It's Day 3 for "Sweet" weeks and Day 1 for "Savory". Both are slightly different--Sweet is two ninjas and a Muscle, Savory is three ninjas.

I cannot believe I never picked up on that before. I knew the days changed somehow, but I didn't see the Day 1- Day 3 connection!

I got the 5-day part, and thought the days maybe cycled through 1-5 each week, but realized it wasn't that, so I guess I assumed it was split differently, even possibly randomly (RNGods and all)...

Thanks for sharing! icon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    It's getting to where I already have most of the covers I need for my 3*. I will still keep playing for the ISO and maybe one day I can complete the DDQ for the Leg token
  • Any Tips on facing the ninjas?
    I do need that Grocket yellow tho
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any Tips on facing the ninjas?

Assuming you're still building your 2* roster, your best bets for Teisatsu counters are probably Captain America (stun before kill or overwrite), Storm (either version, use green to attempt to destroy tiles), Moonstone (Control Shift), Thor/Captain Marvel (attempt to overwrite tiles), or just suck it up and use OBW to heal.
  • Any Tips on facing the ninjas?

My go-to team is OBW, 2hor, and cStorm (in that order).

Ask for T-Us like Hood's Twin Pistols (thanks as always to my AWESOME alliance mates), board-shakers, or any that overwrite, which will all DRAMATICALLY skew the odds in your favor.

I usually try to save as many OBW blues as possible until the last enemy in Wave 1 if possible. End Wave 1 with a power (usually 2hor red), cStorm blue to begin Wave 2, and Twin Pistols to clean up all those nasty fists.

One thing I have gotten pretty skilled at is selectively soaking damage. An OBW that survives Wave 1 with even 100 health will quickly become a full health OBW by the middle of Wave 3, so contemplate making matches that allow the juicier 2hor to soak up the red CDTs as necessary, for example matching yellow despite having a blue available as a CDT hits 1.

I've found that allowing my team to sustain A LOT of damage (planning to heal in Wave 3 while simultaneously juicing CDTs) on ninja days has lead to a substantial increase in my overall success rate.

Ninja day is really about surviving Wave 1. The rest is essentially the same as other days, but getting there? Yeah, not all that awesome. icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • ZootSax
    Options
    JackTenrec wrote:

Assuming you're still building your 2* roster, your best bets for Teisatsu counters are probably Captain America (stun before kill or overwrite), Storm (either version, use green to attempt to destroy tiles), Moonstone (Control Shift), Thor/Captain Marvel (attempt to overwrite tiles), or just suck it up and use OBW to heal.

Venom's team-ups are also useful for a cheap team stun...and you can get them all the time in PVE.

I've had good luck with 2* Thor, OBW and Moonstone. OBW is a killing machine if you steal a few threaten tiles (my personal record is 8). She also gives great AP control. ...and Thor is Thor, so that's nice, too. Otherwise, anyone with defense tiles can negate the ninjas...even Bullseye is okay for that.

In any case, good luck.
  • Man, today was ROUGH.

Got my Groot yellow, but holy ****, will I be glad when I've got some big strong 3*s to fill in for my little posse of 2*s that could…

DBC
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my 2* thormneto team was whittled down considerably - I think thor had 300 health left. but they finished it.
  • I'm so happy i dont have to rely on my 2* only anymore. 3* Bullseye forever icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ZootSax
    Options
    OBW dropped below 400 health at the end of the first wave, but I had four threaten tiles and two ninja ones thanks to Moonstone. Thor's green/yellow and Moonstone's red cleared wave two in one go and it was smooth sailing after that. I think this one will always be a little luck-dependent. Still satisfying to beat, though icon_e_smile.gif
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As I expected, Thorette 0/1/4 got OWNED by Ragnarok. I don't think I stand a chance here, not sure if I should keep trying. Can't really afford the health packs or boosts =/
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Without red it's an uphill slog. My 166 2/4/2 Thor barely made it with 300hp remaining. 100% match boost, red and blue boost.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Figure15 wrote:
    Without red it's an uphill slog. My 166 2/4/2 Thor barely made it with 300hp remaining. 100% match boost, red and blue boost.

I think I would have been ok if there was blue on the board to stun him, but in 3 times I tried, I only got my blue ability off once due to the board being completely blue-starved - except for his nonstop cascades into 4-blue matches, of course.
  • USTA
    USTA Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options

My go-to team is OBW, 2hor, and cStorm (in that order).

Ask for T-Us like Hood's Twin Pistols (thanks as always to my AWESOME alliance mates), board-shakers, or any that overwrite, which will all DRAMATICALLY skew the odds in your favor.

I usually try to save as many OBW blues as possible until the last enemy in Wave 1 if possible. End Wave 1 with a power (usually 2hor red), cStorm blue to begin Wave 2, and Twin Pistols to clean up all those nasty fists.

One thing I have gotten pretty skilled at is selectively soaking damage. An OBW that survives Wave 1 with even 100 health will quickly become a full health OBW by the middle of Wave 3, so contemplate making matches that allow the juicier 2hor to soak up the red CDTs as necessary, for example matching yellow despite having a blue available as a CDT hits 1.

I've found that allowing my team to sustain A LOT of damage (planning to heal in Wave 3 while simultaneously juicing CDTs) on ninja days has lead to a substantial increase in my overall success rate.

Ninja day is really about surviving Wave 1. The rest is essentially the same as other days, but getting there? Yeah, not all that awesome. icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC

This is my team for big enchilada from day 1. It's so powerful. I switched to 3* Thor by now though. If it's not vs ninjas I often finish all the waves without any injuries. I gather 30 blue AP vs goons, use 2x cStorm blue, OBW pink, cStorm blue again and have everyone stunned. icon_lol.gif
  • My 2* team is always the same daken thor obw and on ninja day boost 2 all. Only lost 2 times in over a month. Great all round team, i always just focus on getting blue/purple and everything else falls into place
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4* battle is Jane Thor vs. Ragnarok. Rag is one of the easier battles for Jane because he puts down charged tiles which power up her red. It still took me 3 tries with 4/3/1 Jane.
  • 4* battle is Jane Thor vs. Ragnarok. Rag is one of the easier battles for Jane because he puts down charged tiles which power up her red. It still took me 3 tries with 4/3/1 Jane.

You're buoying my hope…

Tried once, got him down to 3000+ with my 110 4/1/2 Thoress.

Raised her to 120 (not sure why I hadn't already, as 120 is my current soft-cap) and am now considering going in with boosts…

DBC
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Lvl 152 3/1/3 - have had a ludicrous number of goes at this and got nowhere. Can't generate enough blue to stun him in conjunction with enough red to do enough damage, even with boosts.