Anniversary Season(Oct. 8 - Oct. 19)

Options
ThatOneGuyjp189512
ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
Welcome to the 2nd anniversary season! It's raining tokens and double ISO for everyone! also don't forget the anniversary 50 spideycoin.png daily deal!

List of PVPs

Black Vortex
Class of 2015
Women of Marvel
Devil Dinosaur

Progressive Rewards

300: Anniversary Token
600: 1000 iso8.png
900: 25 spideycoin.png
1200: icon_moonstone.pngpurpleflag.png
1500: 1000 iso8.png
1750: Anniversary 10-Pack
2500: 25 spideycoin.png
3000: 2* icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png
3500: 1000 iso8.png
4000: token_legendary.png

Placement Rewards

1st:: 2 Anniversary 10 Packs, 2000 iso8.png, 100 spideycoin.png
2-5: 2 Anniversary 10 Packs, 2000 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
6-10: Anniversary 10 Pack, 2000 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
11-25: Anniversary 10 Pack, 1000 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
26-50: Anniversary Token X 5, 1000 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
51-100: Anniversary Token X 3, 1000 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
101-250: Anniversary Token X 2, 1000 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
251-500: Anniversary Token X 2, 500 iso8.png, 50 spideycoin.png
501-1000: Anniversary Token X 2, 500 iso8.png, 25 spideycoin.png
1001-1500: Anniversary Token, 500 iso8.png, 25 spideycoin.png
1501-2000: Anniversary Token, 250 iso8.png, 25 spideycoin.png
2001-2500: Anniversary Token, 250 iso8.png
2501-5000: Anniversary Token, 140 iso8.png

Alliance Rewards

1-5: icon_devildino.pngredflag.png 5000 iso8.png 100 spideycoin.png
6-25: icon_devildino.pngredflag.png 2000 iso8.png 50 spideycoin.png
26-100: icon_devildino.pngredflag.png 1000 iso8.png 25 spideycoin.png
101-250: Anniversary Token X 3, 1000 iso8.png 25 spideycoin.png
251-500: Anniversary Token X 2, 1000 iso8.png 25 spideycoin.png
501-750: Anniversary Token X 2, 1000 iso8.png
751-1000: Anniversary Token, 1000 iso8.png
1001-2500: Anniversary Token, 500 iso8.png
2501-5000: token_standard.png X 2, 250 iso8.png
5001-50000: token_standard.png X 2, 140 iso8.png

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How come we don't get double the 20 ISO from the anniversary season fight? I've been redoing it to get the 4 rewards.
  • Brendar
    Options
    I played the only battle available in the Anniversary Versus currently, where you are given old wolverine, cyclops and ice man. After I won the battle I got a score of zero and no progression towards the score based rewards.

Am I missing something? There is only this one battle and I get nothing for winning it. I notice on the leaderboards for the event most people have a score of zero as well, I'm guessing many people have won this as well but received no score. Maybe I've never understood scoring all that well, but I always seem to get some kind of points for winning a battle.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brendar wrote:
    I played the only battle available in the Anniversary Versus currently, where you are given old wolverine, cyclops and ice man. After I won the battle I got a score of zero and no progression towards the score based rewards.

Am I missing something? There is only this one battle and I get nothing for winning it. I notice on the leaderboards for the event most people have a score of zero as well, I'm guessing many people have won this as well but received no score. Maybe I've never understood scoring all that well, but I always seem to get some kind of points for winning a battle.
    That's just a demonstration battle, it's not worth any points. You can get points in the Black Vortex PvP though.
    Pleased to see this is a 10 day season, that means 4 events and that 4000 point Legendary should be easy to reach.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Brendar wrote:

That's just a demonstration battle, it's not worth any points. You can get points in the Black Vortex PvP though.
    Pleased to see this is a 10 day season, that means 4 events and that 4000 point Legendary should be easy to reach.

You can get some mighty team-ups though, at no cost except for time, if you use the loaners.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    According to the in-game help, Women of Marvel will run between Class of 2015 and Devil Dino.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    According to the in-game help, Women of Marvel will run between Class of 2015 and Devil Dino.
    Didn't that run last off-season? Not that I'm complaining, it's a fun event...
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Progression rewards are pretty terrible this time around. There's no 3*, just a couple of 2* covers plus the legendary token. That 2* Wolverine cover sitting at 3000 points? With only 4 events, you need to score at least 750 points in each one. What kind of roster still needs 2* Wolverine covers can manage to consistently hit 750 points? That's almost enough to hit the 3* progression cover in a normal season event (and most 2* players can't do it).
  • The anniversary is worse than normal event. Plays less, does not have the 100 Coins pve, there's no way to win the 4 * the 1-2 finishers in pve, no legendary token in pve, comes only 2 * for birthday token, the rewards anniversary progression are ridiculous and costly. Even though four events is very difficult to do a thousand points without shield. Considering the low value and being competent and luck are 300 coins to catch a legendary token that can be repeated. Already caught three repeated and only have five 4 * maximized and had not the slightest grace. Completely lost the desire to play.Defeat Galactus 9 of 12 times that faced at level 5 and speak: 90% luck and 10% skill. I want a game that challenges my intellect and not based on pure luck. If you are lucky galactus defeat, otherwise it makes a maximum of 5000 damage. Very frustrated.
  • 1750 progression reward is a 10 pack right?
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    4 x 1000 seems a bit steep for the legendary (last season average was 800 per event plus shield sim). Might settle for the 10-pack on this as I've not hit 1000 yet
  • Cody722000 wrote:
    1750 progression reward is a 10 pack right?

ten 2 *. Maybe some 3 * repeated. No little excited for this. Of all the birthdays token open no 4 *. Came only 2 * and one 3 * repeated.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bobbyfish wrote:
    4 x 1000 seems a bit steep for the legendary (last season average was 800 per event plus shield sim). Might settle for the 10-pack on this as I've not hit 1000 yet

This worries me. It looks like most people aren't going to see a single legendary token for the anniversary event. Ultra high required scores for PvP and Galactus being broken means this event as a whole is pretty worthless...
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cody722000 wrote:
    1750 progression reward is a 10 pack right?

thanks for pointing that out, updated
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've seen a few scattered mentions of a Sim equivalent, but seeing as we're already 1/4 of the season through can I assume that there is only going to be the 4 PvPs?

Edit: Oh, it's the PvE Simulator. Well then. Any word as to why the legendary token is so much harder to achieve for the anniversary season compared to a normal season?
  • I've seen a few scattered mentions of a Sim equivalent, but seeing as we're already 1/4 of the season through can I assume that there is only going to be the 4 PvPs?

Edit: Oh, it's the PvE Simulator. Well then. Any word as to why the legendary token is so much harder to achieve for the anniversary season compared to a normal season?

It's a celebration, so it's been "fun-balanced?"

DBC
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I thought the same thing with the simulator. I was hoping to use that to get further in the Anniversary progression. It's a season; all seasons should have SHIELD sims!
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I think once Galactus Hungers is over and players focus on the PVP events there will be more griping about the 4000 legendary progression. I have finally been able to hit 1000 per PVP event and then I usually go unshielded but now I will need to shield those points for the first three events to hit 4000 accumulated. Another way to suck up more HP.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honestly, the most confusing thing about the Anniversary PVP season is that Devil Dinosaur isn't boosted for every event. Now that token luck has brought my 2/1/1 DD to 4/1/1, I'm ready for an Anniversary Dance Party, but the guest of honor doesn't appear to be invited until his featured PVP :-/

/why yes, this does bother me more than anything with the Galactus event
    //why no, I don't take this game very seriously at all icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bobbyfish wrote:

Last anniversary it was 3x1000 to get the 10-pack, so that's easier.

But there were two tokens, 3* Deadpool, and Dino also in the progression, compared to 1 token, Moonstone! and 2Wolvie

Advantage = last year.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    Progression rewards are pretty terrible this time around. There's no 3*, just a couple of 2* covers plus the legendary token. That 2* Wolverine cover sitting at 3000 points? With only 4 events, you need to score at least 750 points in each one. What kind of roster still needs 2* Wolverine covers can manage to consistently hit 750 points? That's almost enough to hit the 3* progression cover in a normal season event (and most 2* players can't do it).

Wow I didn't even notice that! It should have been a red Devil Dino.. maybe it was originally a red Patch or even.. OML but they changed it last minute because they felt we were given "enough" rewards.