Women of Marvel(Oct. 13 - Oct. 17)

Options
ThatOneGuyjp189512
ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
So the women are powered up(and two men)
4*
icon_elektra.png
icon_invisiblewoman.png
icon_jeangrey.png
icon_thor.png

New Characters
icon_cyclops.png
icon_iceman.png

3*
icon_blackwidow.png
icon_caroldanvers.png
icon_gamora.png
icon_kamalakhan.png
icon_mystique.png
icon_psylocke.png
icon_shehulk.png
icon_scarletwitch.png
icon_squirrelgirl.png
icon_storm.png

2*
icon_blackwidow.png
icon_moonstone.png
icon_storm.png
icon_ms_marvel.png

1*
icon_blackwidow.png
icon_yelena.png
icon_storm.png

Individual Rewards

1st: All rewards from the previous rank +
2-5: 10000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png
6-10: 4000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png
11-25: 2000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png
26-50: 2000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngblackflag.png
51-100: 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngblackflag.png
101-200: 1000 iso8.png, icon_blackwidow.pngblueflag.png
201-300: 500 iso8.png, icon_blackwidow.pngblueflag.png
301-400: 2x Standard Token, 140 iso8.png
401-500: Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Progression Rewards

25: token_standard.png
50: Anniversary Token
100: +3 All Boosts redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
200: icon_moonstone.pngblackflag.png
300: Anniversary Token
400: 25 imcoin.png
450: Anniversary Token
500: 2000 iso8.png
575: 25 imcoin.png
650: Anniversary Token
725: 50 imcoin.png
800: icon_squirrelgirl.pnggreenflag.png
850: 2000 iso8.png
900: Anniversary Token
950: 2000 iso8.png
1000: icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png
1300: token_legendary.png

Alliance rewards

1-2: 10000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngblackflag.png
3-10: 10000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngblackflag.png
11-25: 6000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngblackflag.png
25-50: 4000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngblackflag.png
51-100: 2000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_gamora.pngblackflag.png
101-250: 2000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500: 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 1000 iso8.png
1001-10000: 500 iso8.png

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Invisible Woman, yay!
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Now that I've got a decent 3* PvP crew, I'm thinking SWitch and GSBW (5/3/5 tomorrow!) could work.

Wondering who makes a decent or even good third…

Thoughts?

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some of us still need IW! And blue being the color that can stop Ultron, i will take it!
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now that I've got a decent 3* PvP crew, I'm thinking SWitch and MBW (5/3/5 tomorrow!) could work.

Wondering who makes a decent or even good third…

Thoughts?

DBC

Don't think you want MBW. That's the 1* and she can only go 5/5. If you meant GSBW / BWGS, if you had a 5 blue PX, you'll fly thru matches but be an easy target to attack, since that team is built for speed/offense, not defense.

With those 2, you might want to avoid other Purple/Green users, so that's SG. Mixing KK in might help you save health, and give you another good option for Green. Might want to keep those 2 and rotate the 3rd.

Captain Marvel - cheap red, nice stun on black
    Gamora - probably one of the better bets. Cheapest red and nice black to fill board with strikes
    Mystique - blue can add purple and black to board, purple for GSBW, black for Mystique
    Psylocke - cheap red and black, and outlet for blue that is bound to add up if SW's tile lands in a match
    She-Hulk - cheap red aoe, you can use the green you build up to sap their AP
    Storm - use green to clear board and gain ap, yellow board clear, black to add damage after every match but the clutter might hurt GSBW purple
  • Sorry gang,

Brain fart. Yes, I meant GSBW (I corrected it). Realized it about an hour later. lol

Thanks for the suggestions, and good luck out there!

DBC
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My highest level women are 166 Mohawk and GSBW, and then I have KK, Squirrel Girl and Shulk at a good level. The rest I either don't have or have undercovered. I've been running Mohawk, KK, Shulk, but I'm pretty sure this paints a huge target on my back...

I got 800 in the last event for the second time ever, wonder if I can manage in this one too.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm not sure how to play this one either, I'm thinking KK, Gamora because they're well covered and Gamoras red is nice and cheap and triggers Bring out the Best then for the third I'm wondering about Mystique for her blue, they're all currently at 104 so we'll see how that pans out. I need 550 points at least to hit the Anniversary token 10 pack. Wish my IW and 4or were better covered to have active yellow as well as blue.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can actually play a team with all boosted four-stars in this one.
    I suspect Thor, Elektra and Invisible Woman may not be particularly scary though.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm thinking about using Jessica Jones, Rogue, and Black Cat
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In my bracket, with about 2 hours left, the top spot has over 4 thousand points, with 2nd place nearly a 1000 points behind at just over 3000, and everyone else significantly further behind. How is this even possible? I'm trying to get to 1000 pts, maybe, and I have a tough time finding high enough point matches to be able to make worthwhile progress. How is someone who is a who is so far ahead of everyone else able to find any matches worth more than just a few points?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    We are not only matched against people in our bracket (1000 people). We are matched against everyone in the same time slice. Check their alliance, it's possible that they are all playing in the same time slice and just keep bouncing of each other.

Or, they have a strong roster that allow them to attack anyone really fast, then re-shield before anyone can retaliate. Maybe no one wants to retaliate against them, it they've got maxed 4*s, Old Man Logan and/or Silver Surfer.

Or, that person is a hacker. My anniversary bracket had 5001 people until yesterday.. now it's 5000.
    It's Crews.
    Half of them are over 4000.

Then there is T1WK who is hanging out at 221 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • My bracket is similar. I think we're starting to see the effect of 5* on the game. Those without are left in the dust.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This has nothing to do with 5*s and everything to do with a bug in the event that's letting people hit the same target repeatedly. If you coordinate shields with your teammates you can leapfrog each other up bracket.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Switch/KK/X does seem like a solid team in terms of speed and damage, but they are pretty dependent upon purple/green ap. Ideally the 3rd would bring 2 or active powers in red, black, yellow, and blue.

Cap. Marvel has a decent black, and functional red (if the enemy makes protect tiles), and is also a decent tank to throw up front to generate more ap.

Other options would be 4* thor (who serves basically the same functions as Cap. Marvel: team tank, team stunner, and off-dps for spare red/yellow ap). Pyslocke is also a decent match, covering red and black with decent offensive moves, and also generating plenty of healing from KK with her cheap powers (she doesn't have a stun, which is unfortunate).

Also note that JG doesn't play well with this group because of color overlap. But she mostly neutralizes Switch/KK's biggest advantage (ap acceleration) because of the risk of unpredictable match-5s.
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This has nothing to do with 5*s and everything to do with a bug in the event that's letting people hit the same target repeatedly. If you coordinate shields with your teammates you can leapfrog each other up bracket.

That sounds interesting. I'm not quite following. Can we read about this somewhere in more detail?
  • rowdster wrote:

That sounds interesting. I'm not quite following. Can we read about this somewhere in more detail?

You may have noticed it already but not actually realized it. Essentially what has happened in this event (it happened in Black Vortex as well) is that when you win a fight against someone, sometimes they stay in that same node afterward as opposed to the usual scenario of being replaced by another player. So now you can fight them again. Normally most of us would skip that person after hitting maybe 2 times, especially early in the event when they're unshielded. They're not going to continue to be worth great points if you're draining them of their points.
    But later in the event, if you queue up someone who is worth pretty good points, and you know they've shielded, and you can keep hitting them, have at it. They're not going to be losing points and you'll eventually reach equilibrium with them as long as you have health packs, and no one hits you.

I went from about 900 to 1500+ on the same target earlier today, worth 75 at the start, and still 50+ by the end. He was shielded already and over 1800. Now imagine doing that for an entire event instead of just a late push.
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    This tournament taught me how much I hate other people's Captian Marvel. In fact I hate Carol Danvers in general to me Captain Marvel will be the women whom I read about when I was growing up learning how to read from my uncles ancient comic books, Monica Rambeau. Anyway the Captain Marvel in this game is too damn powerful.