Ant-Man vs Jean Gray how did you do

Options
Tarouza
Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
It's that time of the week. 4* DDQ pucker and cover vs Jean Grey. How did everyone do

Comments

• Unknown
    edited October 2015
    Options
    2/3/3 168 not even close with max boosts I'm wiping every time.

UPDATE: After 5 tries, finally won.

I don't think RNG is a thing when the board is nothing but purple and full of 5-matches then pull an AM blue out of the legendary. Second DDQ character pulled from their legendary token battle.
  • kewlguirarist
    kewlguirarist Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Level 146, 2/3/4, won first time. Very easy this time. Got an Old Man Logan Red as my reward icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/-/5, 169, +2 y/r, +2 p/b

Easiest clash yet. But they've broken the apparent no stun rule with JG
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took 3 tries, but my level 168 Ant-Man at 4/0/3 won with 112 health left.....

Black Kingpin pulled....very happy with that...
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/0/3 127lvl killed her with first try. Most easiest battle icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2/0/3 lvl 127 antman; took two tries, was easy Once I denied her purple and green long enough to lay down my own ants/pym particles combo. Wore her down eventually.
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    3/-/5, 169, +2 y/r, +2 p/b

Easiest clash yet. But they've broken the apparent no stun rule with JG

Jean Grey's stun comes off a passive skill and can, for the most part, be avoided. It shouldn't be too problematic. A lot of the other stuns in the game are much more dangerous contextually speaking. What makes Jean's stun so dangerous most of the time is that it interrupts tempo and does some damage. But 1vs1 I am much more concerned about a Daredevil, Cap or SW stun than I am Jean Grey. Those are harder to avoid and once they get the first one off, the second one comes fairly easily.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    L 200 5/3/5, easy win. Denied her purple and green, whittled her health away quickly with my own purple and yellow. She didn't even get to use her TU.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/2/3 Ant-man, took me three tries. First he was level 188, then I softcapped him at 209 for the other two attempts. Getting Pym Particles going early and not having it matched away immediately was the key to victory.
    Got a red Cyclops from the legendary, I only got two yellow covers before so that's cool.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 209 4/3/3 Antman. Won the first time. She never got a power off except inferno. My board was so full of my attack and strike tiles that inferno only created 2 attack tiles anyway.

Got Kingpin yellow with the token.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's not easy like the above posters would have you believe. It like every stupid 4* match comes down to initial board.

Wiped 3 times so far and my first was he easiest board.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Level 90, 2/0/1. Did not stand a chance but gave it a few tries. Closest I got was getting her about halfway down before she got her purple off.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beat her on my 3rd try with 2/2/1 Ant Man. Got lucky with my purple placed in the right spot. Boosted blue/purple AP, All AP, and match damage.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nwman wrote:
    It's not easy like the above posters would have you believe. It like every stupid 4* match comes down to initial board.

It also depends on how useable your 4* for that fight is. You'll notice that all 3 of us have l200+ Ant-Men.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    I won it with my Lvl 115 Ant Man on the 8th try! (113 Powers). I was mortified when I saw Jean this morning, but it really isn't that bad icon_e_smile.gif Just happy to have finally won one of these!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 140 2/2/5 Ant-Man. Won on the first try, she did nothing except match damage and Inferno while L5 Ants! Ants! Ants! whittled her down nicely. Luckily I had a board with very few useful purple tiles, so I could deny green and she just kept collecting useless blue.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    Won on my first try with level 156 AM at 3/3/2. Easiest fight so far, but I know it's only because I got a high level AM. Downside is that I got a SS black power, and he'd only mess up the game's difficulty if I recruited him. Demiurge, fix your damn **** up scaling.
  • 10 times through for a level 147 322.

Not even close. I am certain that with all the purple and green cascading that the people who got through the first pass were extremely fortunate.

Can't deny purple when she makes a simple 3 color match and gets 4 match dropping of either of her favorites.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    nwman wrote:

It also depends on how useable your 4* for that fight is. You'll notice that all 3 of us have l200+ Ant-Men.

I downed her at the 5th attempt with 3/2/2 Ant-Man lvl 120 and, actually, it wasn't a cake walk! icon_e_biggrin.gif

bluecrit.png At level 120, all the ant-man special tiles can do enough damage over time to kill Jean
    bluecrit.png At level 120, there isn't much hope to survive to any of her powers (passive included)

Therefore it's doable, but you mustn't fail in denying green and purple. An error will kill you... and a bad board will too!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 115, 3/1/1. Gave it 10 goes but it's not going to happen.
    Got stupidly close once when I had a board full of attack tiles and some strike tiles that did about 700HP every turn. She had 1800 HP left and got a lucky cascade that gave her the purple and green she needed. So that was the end of it.