4* DDQ, XFW V Cyclops, 2nd wave.

Options
snlf25
snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
Didn't see a thread for today's Clash of The Titans so here we go. First battle of the second wave, no change in opponents, how did you do?

Took me about 10 tries again with my 4/2/4 level 165 XFW, used +2 b+g, +2 all ap stockpile, +10% b+g damage x 5. Used waaaay more boost than I'd have liked to but they are easier to get than Legendary Tokens so it's all good. Came down to a red starved board that got chock full of red when I had Surgical Strike ready to go and then matching my own Recovery Tile.

Pulled 4* Cyclops yellow which brings him to 1/1/1. Very glad to be back in my winning ways.

The Skrulls were absolutely right about it being harder now that the opponent doesn't try to match teamup tiles. Harder to play keep away.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    8 triea with my undeleveled 445 xforce. Took him down with some skill combination - he would kill me with the next move.

Deny red, black and yellow? I guess this works as an overall strategy.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my x force has the same 3 covers that he had the last time he came up. guess i'll just have to wait for the prof x node again...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try with maxed 5/5/3.
    Removing that team up made this a lot easier.
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Second attempt (which is like 12 attempts better than last time) with my 3/5/5 229 X-Force. Cyke used his yellow, which made no matches, and then was surgical strike'd (which still makes for a pretty lucky attempt considering the number of red on the board and the yellow not matching any).
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took me 6 tries to finish this one with my 5/3/2 lvl 166 Wolvie. First try Cyclops got a yellow cascade which let him use his yellow into his red. Two turns and I was dead WTH! Kept trying though, used color boosts and got lucky with back to back board shakes that left me with a red board just waiting for my Strike. Only second time I've beaten one of these nodes so it was pretty awesome, especially since I got a Jean Grey out of it. Good luck everyone else.
  • Lloyd Christmas
    Options
    2nd try for me with a max covers 5/5/3 at level 250. I didn't get it the first try because I waited too long to fire SS. I was waiting for more red on the board. I agree it was much easier without the TU. Got a blue Prof X that I don't need from the LT.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1st try with level 213 at 3/5/5. Agree that it's much easier without the TU. Haven't been able to win one of these for a while, happy to see the cycle start over.

Got myself a purpleflag.png Fury, which I can still use =)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    5/5/3, 160, same as first rotation, 1 shot. Xforce, SS, game over

icon_iceman.pngblueflag.png
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    got it on the 2nd try. 5 greenflag.png /5 blackflag.png /3 yellowflag.png lvl 230, using +2 black and green AP boost.

Should have had it on the first try because I got a ton of match 5s just to start, but no black and green doesn't do enough damage. Cyke is a tricky mister.

My reward was my 6th hulkbuster blackflag.png cover. Oh well.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 2/3/1 got wrecked last time. Nothing changed icon_e_sad.gif
    Hopefully I get lucky sometime during the day.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/5/2 level 170, 2+g/b and all ap. Got lucky on first try...Got 22 black and 16 green before cyck fired a shot.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've tried about 10 times with my 3/2/3 level 140 with no luck. Keep having the worst luck with yellow, red and black filled starting boards. Fastest death was on turn 3 when he made a match 3 that cascaded into TWO match 5 reds.

I did get the LT from the tacos I opened though.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat it first try again...maxed XF with max damage boost + some AP boost ended with under 800 life. I remember this was a tough matchup the first try, no easier 2nd time.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same as last time, 1st try, 5/5/2 lvl 250. +2 green/black, boosted damage to green/black and all colours. Never even got below 75% health, by the time I had 11 black the board was covered in red. Bye Bye Cyc.

Got my 3rd icon_ironman.pngredflag.png which was nice, though his black continues to be a myth.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    4/3/4 166 took two tries, usual boosts; nice board let me get enough green and black to wait for Cyclops to fire MR, then blammied him with SS (non-fatal, though). From there it was pretty easy, denying and collecting when I could till I could fire more of my abilities.

And I even remembered to remove the boosts the next match I played -- win all around (except for the Starlord I pulled from the Legendary Token)!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same as last time as well, Cyclops is just too strong for my undercovered Wolvie.

If your Wolv has less than 6900 health, you might as well give up already or be ready to rage. There's no way to deny red/yellow/black all game and preventing him from using his red which will one-shot you.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    166 2/4/3 (compared to 2/2/2 last time) had an easy time of it on the first go boosted. No huge cascades for the AI, his yellow generated no matches and he only got to make one red match before SS cleared the board. Still had to fire green 2x and hit him with yellow once to finish things off.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Same as last time as well, Cyclops is just too strong for my undercovered Wolvie.

If your Wolv has less than 6900 health, you might as well give up already or be ready to rage. There's no way to deny red/yellow/black all game and preventing him from using his red which will one-shot you.

It's possible to get Cyke with a lower amount of health. I barely even took any damage when I finally beat him. What is your XW carded at? Hang in there, its possible.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I feel like I *should* be able to take him down with my 1/4/1 XFW (level 130ish), but having no luck so far. Best I did was get him down to 5K before he cascaded into enough red again.

Oh, the worst part? Starting the match, make 1 move, Cyke makes 1 move and cascades into 8 red, 10 yellow, and even some blacks. Very rage inducing if you have to hit that retreat button after 30 seconds. icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For some reason I don't remember it being this tough the last time...maybe the team-up indirectly helped since the AI would match those tiles. My XFW is 1/5/1 (so X-Force tickles Cyclops) but the closest I've gotten is whittling him down to 4K. The most frustrating thing (to me) is knowing that I need to use boosts (probably a stockpile all and/or a damage boost all) but not knowing when I'll have a "kind" enough board for them to make a difference - if/when he fires red once, game over.