Clash of the Titans 08-01-16

Options
KingDon
KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
Clash of the Titans today, Fury vs lvl 270 icon_magneto.png how did everyone do

I managed this on my 1st try with my lvl 130 3/4/2 Fury (+2 all boost, +2 b/p and 100% match damage) got lucky with the blue drops and with the AI matching the traps

Comments

• motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    I managed it second time with my 2/2/4 level 168 Fury, was a good board and got blue off early. The LT gave me a yellow Fury, at least it's one I needed...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    5/5/3 level 270 Fury, won on the first attempt - Magneto got off all three of his powers so I was in bad shape, but then he made a match-4 to kill me and also triggered my Demolition. Both dead mean I win!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Won on the first try with my 5/5/3 level 140 Fury. Mags got off an early Polarizing Force, but I managed to get together a complete Avengers Assemble! before he could do anything else, and used the stun to set up Escape Plan and Demolition. His first unstunned turn he cascaded into a trap and that was that. icon_x23.pnggreenflag.png from the token, bringing her to 2/1/5.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First try successful with 4/3/5 level 203 Fury. Finished Mags off with Avengers Assemble right before I probably would have been killed with Magnetized Projectiles.

Got my first blackflag.pngicon_carnage.png, who is now 1/1/4.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 212 fury got him down to half health before he magnetized some projectiles my way
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Easy 1 shot, 5/5/3, 145, boost +2 purpleflag.pngblueflag.png ap, +2 yellowflag.pngredflag.png ap, + 100% all damage

Fired purple quickly and the CD resolved, then got domo down a few turns later, Mag's next match he tripped demo and it was over

XFW blackflag.png , dont have him maxed/ championed, so sold
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I pulled a Fury yellowflag.png earlier from heroics and went in at lvl 94 4/4/1 with no boosts. I got huge cascade first turn and had him on the ropes at about 1400 health, but he got off Magnetized Projectiles and that was all she wrote. After I decided to open up my 10 taco tokens from this week and managed to get a Fury blueflag.png! First 4* power I've ever maxed. Riding the high I went back in with 2+ all and 2+ b/p. Got the old man to trip Demotion twice. This is only the second one of these I've ever won! Riding super high after that.

Then of course I pulled a IW blueflag.png. icon_lol.gif

At least I have 2 maxed 4* powers now. icon_e_confused.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Super easy with my lv 271 fury!!
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/5/5 Fury, my Demolition seemed to do far more damage than it said on the tin.

Won first go, no boosts.
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Destroyed him on my first try with a 5/4/4 lvl 220 Fury, no boosts. Fired off the purple power, which eventually became a strike tile. After I placed out the bombs, Magneto matched two in the same row. The double tap took care of him. Blue Jean Grey - woo hoo!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 140 1/5/5 Fury took 5 tries. Had to get a lucky board where Mags didn't get off Polarizing Force on turn 3, which cascaded a match 4 or 5 of blue rolling into a Magnetized Projects.

LT pull... another yellowflag.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png

Probably 20+ LT pulls now... not a single 5*. With no maxed 4* yet... I guess that's doing me a favor?
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    I have a 3/2/2 lvl 94 but I've used all my ISO on championing, dilemma!

I'm not convinced it's even worth trying to be honest, but if I see any success stories on here I'll give it a shot
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Destroyed him on my first try with a 5/4/4 lvl 220 Fury, no boosts. Fired off the purple power, which eventually became a strike tile. After I placed out the bombs, Magneto matched two in the same row. The double tap took care of him. Blue Jean Grey - woo hoo!
    Double tapping doesn't really matter with Demolition - when the enemy matches one trap they all go off. Still cool though!
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Easy 1 shot, 5/5/3, 145, boost +2 purpleflag.pngblueflag.png ap, +2 yellowflag.pngredflag.png ap, + 100% all damage

Fired purple quickly and the CD resolved, then got domo down a few turns later, Mag's next match he tripped demo and it was over

XFW blackflag.png , dont have him maxed/ championed, so sold

Exact same result for a level 172, 1/4/3 Fury, including selling the XFW cover since I'm a long way from maxing his level. With that extra ISO I was able to champion my hulk (got the cover from DDQ too), and the LT there got me purpleflag.png Starlord. Grr, sold him too. I'd be angry, but it's day 805 for me, so free JG purpleflag.png today!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    first try. completely different than last time (was only at 4 covers or so last time). now at level 145, 4/5/3. he got red off once but I got blue off early and finished with purple and yellow shortly after he fired red. I think this was my easiest yet, but I had lots of blue on the board to start with and he chose to start with a TU match icon_lol.gif
  • whoami24601
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    5/5/3 level 270 Fury, won on the first attempt - Magneto got off all three of his powers so I was in bad shape, but then he made a match-4 to kill me and also triggered my Demolition. Both dead mean I win!

Oddly, Magneto triggered Demolition when he killed me one time, but it didn't trigger.

Four attempts with a 5/3/5 @168.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 5/5/3 level 200 Fury had no trouble. Fired purple and blue and he was gone. I don't think he even fired a power.

Got an OML black which was awesome.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 3/3/2 125 had him down halfway after he triggered Demolition. Thing is, the Demolition set off a cascade of red for him along with sprinkling a bunch of team-up tiles.

I don't even need to spell out what happened the next turn.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, how did folks do today?
    My 454 170 with zero boosts managed it first time - got a nice blue match 5 when set me on the way to him matching out and eating the full Demolition, and falling over not long after without dropping a power.
    A needed Black XFW dropped out of the tokento take him to 533 for me. Result!
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I ate his face. Back to back match 5 yellows that gave me some extra yellows and 5 each of blue, red and purple along with them from resulting cascades...hit him with an almost fully powered Avengers Assembled on turn 1. During the stun time, I collected enough purple for Escape Plan and enough blue for Demolition. His first turn unstunned, he matched a trap and died. Best. Day. Ever.