DDQ Crash of the Titans: X-Force Deadpool (01/23/16) Round 2

Options
HxiiiK
HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
our favourite Merc with the Mouth face off against his buddy Logan (X-Force Wolverine)

managed on 4th try with 5/1/2 XFDP, underestimated him and he kept firing off Surgical Strike, but managed to take him down thanks to my 5 red

got a good ol redflag.pngicon_elektra.png for my troubles, which I didn't need

how did everyone else do?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Much easier that the first rotation, 5/3/3, 130, +2 ap redflag.pngyellowflag.png , +2 ap purpleflag.pngblueflag.png . Started out rough, XFW got green and yellow pretty quickly and hit me with Xforce, I let his recovery resolve while I collected red, hit him with Out of Bullets which almost but not fully topped me off, dropped Countdown for What, matched a couple, dropped it again, matched a couple more and it was game over.

icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.png
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5 tries with 5/2/0 level152. Got tantalisingly close unbiased, then gave it a few boosts to start with 4 red to make things quicker before he could surgical strike me. 6th blueflag.png :Fury: for my efforts.
  • 3rd try with my 1/0/1. All match damage, crit bonus, red AP boosts. Had some luck, so no guarantee you won't go broke trying, but not crazy luck. So give it a go, this one is very doable. Maybe the balance changes have evened things out.

(Obviously deny black yellow green in that order, use Countdown when green tiles are matchable or X-Force is coming.)
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Last time it took me 20 tries with a Level 110 3/0/1 Deadpool. It was better with my Level 170 3/3/3 Deadpool, but not much better. I wiped out the first 3 times, cause I could never get enough red. Final battle I boosted all ap +2, r/y +2, and all color 100%. Able to fire countdown twice, which a bunch got destroyed when Wolvie used Xforce. Finally able to get enough red at 1800 health, and fired it off to finish him off. Got a red Deadpool for my LT, which I'm happy to take!!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3rd try with 5/4/2 lvl 130. Cho green from the token, brings cho to 4/2/5.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4th try with my 2/3/1 (131) XFD. I only had 8 + dmg all boosts left, and since you never know if the board will be favorable, I decided to use them 2 at a time, so I went +40% dmg all, +2 stockpile all, +2 stockpile r/y. Failed that route three times (never got him below 4K health or so, and then stacked the dmg all with a +50% dmg r/y along with the stockpile all - got a few match-4s, his x-force triggered a few countdown for what tiles, finished him off with match damage right before his recovery tile healed...

got a icon_professorx.pngpurpleflag.png with the token, he's up to 2/3/3 now.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat him last time with a 3/1/0 Deadpool, this time he's 5/4/3 and level 209, so I wasn't expecting any problems. The board was favorable, so it was a curbstomp in my favor.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Took me five tries with my 3/3/3 X-Pool, dumped about 18k iso into him to bring him to level 148. Used +2 all ap, +2 r&y and +2 p&b. Got his purple off twice and managed to match six or seven countdowns then fired off red a couple turns later. He still had about 300 hp and matched the last the blacks he needed to ASurgical Strike me next turn. I matched a black set which got him under a 100 health and it dumped into a match 4 yellow that had just enough to do it for me.

Pulled star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_jeangrey.pnggreenflag.png
    My first Phoenix!!!!!!!! She looks good with my surfer and oml. hope I can still hang with the scaling.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2nd try with 2/2/4 level 120. Fired off 1 OOB and 3 CDFW. Denied black and let him kill himself with green. icon_ironman.pngblueflag.png from the token.
  • thanos8587
    Options
    omg 2/1/1 lvl 94 and i won 2nd try. crazy double countdown for what and he matched 4 in 1 move. survived a green and hit him with red and killed him next move with a regular match.

used crit boost damage and rainbow damage and all ap +2. and the purple prof x i was missing. so psyched. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Took eight tries with a 3/2/4 XDP before I finally won. He kept getting yellow for recovery and avoiding CDFW tiles, until I finally got him to X-Force them and die. Pulled a icon_ironman.pngblueflag.png, good for his third Champion level.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat him on the 5th try with my 2/3/1 lvl 131 xpool. Was just trying all 50% color boosts and said screw it and went 100% match damage on that fifth try.

Got a purpleflag.pngicon_x23.png for my troubles which brings her to 1/1/5. Watch out for my trap tile!
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    23 fails so far with my lvl127 3/2/0. I have a feeling if I had even 1 purple it would be much easier.
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Managed it first go with my 3/2/3 4pool with AP and match damage boosts - got my 3rd icon_iceman.pngbluetile.png from the legendary icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4 fails with 3/3/3 level 140. Pumped in some ISO to get him to 160, actually managed to survive a Surgical Strike, then Wolverine offed himself with a match-3 of 3 of my Countdown for What tiles. Ha. Ha ha.

My reward was a Mr. Fantastic green, taking him to 2/5/5, which should help when it's his turn.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    My reward was a Mr. Fantastic green, taking him to 2/5/5, which should help when it's his turn.
    Green Huh? Talk about a rare pull...
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    super lucky and managed it 3rd try with my 2/0/1 L90 Deadpool.

+2R/Y, +all colour damage boost, +critical boost.

Had about 3 or 4 match 5's / criticals, 1 hit with Red, and only 1 tile of DP Purple. Critical boosts were the key (never thought I'd say that!)

Rewarded with a XFW Black. Not needed icon_cry.gif
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1/1/1, several tries, no luck. Gonna save my health packs.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Didn't have 4*Pool the first time around, but a run of extremely lucky pulls since championing was introduced got me 7 covers at 3/2/2. I tried the node a few times with him leveled under 100 with standard boosts (+2 all, +2 red/yellow, 100% match damage), but once I started running out of the match boosts, I gave in and eventually leveled him to 133 so he had almost 7000 health (I'd been stockpiling ISO to boost 3* BE, well, he's going to have to wait a few more days now).

Won at about the ninth attempt, had to get a little creative with the boosts: +2 all, +3 all (yay retired boosts!), 125% critical match damage -- which came in handy because I got two match-5s. I took a Surgical Strike with maybe 6 red on the board -- survivable -- let him get a Recovery off, but with a couple fortuitous Countdowns and a couple of very lucky Out of Bullets (the second of which got me out of the triple digits in health) and I had Logan beat with about 2000 health to spare.

And I got a green Creepy HellBobby from the LT!
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    23 fails so far with my lvl127 3/2/0. I have a feeling if I had even 1 purple it would be much easier.

23 tries, you really have patience icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

reminds me of round 1, when I didn't have purple, my loadout was about the same as yours. I got quite lucky, but it took quite a number of tries. Not 23 though, I think, but it did take some luck