PVE: Galactus Hungers (2016-02-01 to 2016-02-04)

Options
rainkingucd
rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
Guessing a bit at some info, as the forums were in a bit of an uproar the other times the event ran.
Edit: looks like a 4 day event

Event Info
:galactus: GALACTUS HUNGERS! icon_galactus.png

Unfortunately no Galactus Hungers in mags PVE guide, so substituting in some Avengers vs Ultron info as a comparison:
[*]This is an alliance co-op PvE. You must join an alliance before starting the event. The first 20 players to join the event while in a single alliance will play the event together.
  • NOTE: the 21st player to join the PvE in the alliance will be playing on a new leaderboard (apart from the first 20 players), so alliances must be VERY careful to ensure only 20 players join the PvE under any single alliance.
  • If a player moves to alliance B after starting the event while a member of alliance A, the player will still be competing in the Avengers vs Ultron PvE under alliance A with the rest of the players who joined the PvE while in alliance A. NOTE: at least one player should remain in alliance A for the full run of the Avengers vs Ultron PvE; there have been problems in the past when temporary alliances were formed for this PvE and then completely abandoned before the event was completed.

Galactus Health From Run 1: (Courtesy Snagglepuss https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33978#p430440)
R1= 90,000
R2= 150,000
R3= 390,000
R4= 985,000
R5= 1,970,000
R6= 3,000,000
R7= 4,400,000
R8= 5,900,000

Updates to Galactus in Run 2 vs Run 1 (Courtesy Ice-X https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33992)
IceIX wrote:
Here are the overall changes that we made for Galactus on run 2. Please use this thread for comments.

Ability changes
    - Galactus will now place fewer Countdown tiles in later rounds, with those tiles also lasting longer. At maximum, he'll be placing 2 tiles that last for 2 turns instead of up to 4 tiles with 1 turn. - Countdown tiles placed by Galactus now deal ~50% more damage each when they go off. So while there are less of them, you'll want to focus more on them in later rounds. - Cosmic tiles created by Countdown tiles going off have been reduced slightly in later rounds to a maximum of 4. - AP gained per Cosmic tile destroyed by Galactus has been greatly reduced. Now he gains a static 1 AP per tile, meaning he needs a full 28 (minus cascade gathered AP) to use his Wrath.

Mission changes
    - Eliminated the steady rise in scaling that occurred in earlier rounds. - Galactus Minion nodes now have an Anniversary token in place of their old Standard token drop - Galactus Boss nodes now have a +All AP Boost in place of the Crit Multiplier Boost - Personal progression reward tiers have been reduced starting at tier 3 by around ~14%-24%. That Legendary Token should be *far* more achievable now, especially with the difficulty changes above.

Essentials
    Black Panther, Cyclops (Classic), Gamora, Hawkeye (Any), Hulk (Indestructible), Luke Cage, Squirrel Girl, Steve Rogers (Any), Storm (Any)

Overall, this is going to make the Galactus rounds more based on damage taken from Cosmic tiles for players with rosters that don't have quite as much health, but leave Cosmic Wrath to be a real threat in later rounds. That being said, even if a player completely fails to take down any Cosmic tiles on the first run in a later round, it's not an instant Cosmic Wrath as it was before. In test, this allowed for *greatly* increased roster variability in earlier rounds and a still very wide roster choice in later rounds. Some strategies that worked before will remain the same (sap Galactus's AP, massive board shake, etc), others aren't so board luck based.

Edit: Added essentials for this run. Squirrel Girl needs to go against Galactus. It's canon.

Powered Up
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
:nova: (Essential)
icon_cyclops.png
icon_hulkcho.png
icon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_ironfist.png (Essential)
icon_blackwidow.png
icon_cyclops.png
icon_daredevil.png
icon_hulk.png
icon_spiderman.png
icon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_wolverine.png (Essential)
icon_blackwidow.png
icon_hawkeye.png
icon_spiderman.png

star.png
icon_blackwidow.png
icon_hawkeye.png
icon_spiderman.png

Progression awards - Individual:
5000: token_standard.png
10000: 100 iso8.png
20000: rainbow damage boost
31500: healthpack.png
52700: rainbow AP stockpile
80000: 140 iso8.png
112400: star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.pngblackflag.png
149000: 140 iso8.png
189500: token_event.png
234000: 140 iso8.png
281500: star.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png
332000: 250 iso8.png
385000: 25 imcoin.png
441500: 250 iso8.png
500000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironfist.pnggreenflag.png
553500: 500 iso8.png
627000: 25 imcoin.png
711000: token_event.png
802500: 1000 iso8.png
900000: token_legendary.png

Progression Rewards - Alliance:
Round 1 - 90000: token_event.png
Round 2 - 150000: token_event.png
Round 3 - 390000: token_event.png
Round 4 - 985000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.pngblueflag.png
Round 5 - 1970000: token_event.png
Round 6 - 3000000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.pngredflag.png
Round 7 - 4400000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.pngblueflag.png
Round 8 - 5900000: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.pngblackflag.png

Previous runs
Galactus Hungers 2
Galactus Hungers 10/8 - ?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's a lot of Wolverines, Black Widows, Cyclopses and Hulks on the boosted list... But I suppose you can use any version for the little missions, so that's actually pretty clever.
    3* Cyclops and Iron Fist both boosted is looking pretty good. Those two can really wreck Galactus, particularly if Scarlet Witch tags along...
  • Monged4life
    Options
    3* Cyclops boosted again? He was boosted last week... Not that I'm complaining, it just seems questionable.

Also has Bagman ever been boosted before? I've never noticed it... Does that mean Devil Dino gets boosted sometimes?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Cyclops boosted again? He was boosted last week... Not that I'm complaining, it just seems questionable.

Also has Bagman ever been boosted before? I've never noticed it... Does that mean Devil Dino gets boosted sometimes?
    He has, but that was when he was available in tokens too. I actually have a few Bag-man covers in my queue, wonder if I should get around to rostering him now.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most worried that many of us will not have nova until many hours after event starts due to being in slice 4 or 5.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My strategy last time that worked really well: MoStorm, Hulk, IF.

IF chips away, Hulk takes the damage till there's loads of green on the board, and MoStorm just keeps turning that into more AP. Eventually you've got over 12 black & some Purple, and IF throws his ... erm, iron fist.

Will see if that strategy works again with a boosted Hulk. I imagine by later rounds it should still.
  • bbillrich
    Options
    Last time through I was running obw (to slow down CDs) hulk to destroy CDs and punisher to finish galactus off. My roster is a lot stronger now then it was so I might try out a few different teams.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

IF chips away, Hulk takes the damage till there's loads of green on the board, and MoStorm just keeps turning that into more AP. Eventually you've got over 12 black & some Purple, and IF throws his ... erm, iron fist.

Will see if that strategy works again with a boosted Hulk. I imagine by later rounds it should still.
    mine was a similar strategy but I used cap instead of fist. cap can overwrite with red/blue and delay while hulk -> storm green can build up. hopefully the damage still triggers hulk correctly.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GRRRR.. I forgot about the stupid Hawkeye node in this event. And of course, now when I try to get even just a 1* from the standard tokens, it's a no go after opening 10 stock tokens I had. Yesterday I couldn't beat both worthless versions of him away, but now he's dried up. I would have to buy another slot for him anyway, I gave my 2* floater slot to Nova this morning.

Why does this game make me hate Hawkeye?
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is it like last time where your nodes don't refresh when you move to a new round?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Figure15 wrote:
    Is it like last time where your nodes don't refresh when you move to a new round?

Afraid so.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Most worried that many of us will not have nova until many hours after event starts due to being in slice 4 or 5.

Indeed. I did one clear of GH event minus nova node, even though I'm currently t10 in The Hunt event (ending 11 pm est tonite). icon_e_confused.gif I don't need the HB covers personally, but some mates do.
  • puppychow
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    Figure15 wrote:

Afraid so.

Global reset will be at noon, 8 pm, 4 am est. Just make sure you score points before each reset.
  • puppychow
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:

mine was a similar strategy but I used cap instead of fist. cap can overwrite with red/blue and delay while hulk -> storm green can build up. hopefully the damage still triggers hulk correctly.

My Hulk is champed, and he's tanking gr, red, black colors on my Hulk/GSBW/Xavier team. No loss so far in my full clear (minus nova node) in round 4.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have been using that team except replacing IF with GSBW or KK, their purples both feed the green conveyor belt unlike IF.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the way it assumed I would want to use BagMan on the Spider-Man node.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does anyone know if you have 20 people playing on Galactus, and you kick one, can you still add another person?
  • bbillrich
    Options
    Arphaxad wrote:
    Does anyone know if you have 20 people playing on Galactus, and you kick one, can you still add another person?

If they have started playing galactus they are locked in till the end of the event. I guess you could drop them for the pvps but they will stay in the galactus event. Other problem is you could only replace them with someone else who hasn't started the event yet. If they have started they are considered a solo alliance (atleast that's my understanding)
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    Figure15 wrote:

Afraid so.

Worse; in my case, I'm now stuck waiting another 2.5hrs for all of my previously completely unplayed nodes to refresh because they were all locked when the round was advanced by an alliance member.
    (That puts me waaaaa---y past midnight, so guess I'm not playing)

This is a boss-node event, so it's really to be expected: we simply cannot one of those without atleast something being completely broken to the point of frustration. It would completely go against the spirit of the game to have it otherwise. </sarcasm>
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bbillrich wrote:
    Arphaxad wrote:

If they have started playing galactus they are locked in till the end of the event. I guess you could drop them for the pvps but they will stay in the galactus event. Other problem is you could only replace them with someone else who hasn't started the event yet. If they have started they are considered a solo alliance (atleast that's my understanding)

Doh!!! I have hangers on - 3 alliance members have joined and scores are zero - they are getting alliance rewards for nothing !!!

PS - Boosted Hawkeye 2 star championed to level 106 smashes Galactus... 2 5 tile matches brings a nasty speed shot!!! A little luck involved but one game I got 4 - 5 tile matches in a cascade - poor little galactus only had 2 turns!!
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I enjoy, yet find Galactus frustrating. His ability of killing an entire team in a few turns when you get to the later rounds if you have a bad board due to those short count down timers and huge damage each turn when they go off.

It does make me think that a trick was missed with Silver Surfer though. He should have a passive that extends countdown timers on a match just like when he used to delay Galactus from devouring planets. Would fit with his character history quite nicely icon_razz.gif

Playing alliance events is so much fun but I'd love a longer event like a season long PVE maybe an alliance type gauntlet. Alongside standard events. It sucks when you have alliance members on holiday and sick during these events. I'm not brutal enough to bump them especially as I want them to get the rewards too.