Electra's odds vs Blade? [4* DDQ]

Options
So I have a 3 purpleflag.png , 3 blackflag.png , 0 redflag.png Electra... How badly am I going to get owned?

I didn't get to play the last event at all, so I'm a bit behind on tactics here, other than the obvious deny black and purple, and aim to capture a couple of strike.png tiles

Mod Edit: Made this the official 4* ddq of the week thread.

Comments

• smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I have a 3 purpleflag.png , 3 blackflag.png , 0 redflag.png Electra... How badly am I going to get owned?

I didn't get to play the last event at all, so I'm a bit behind on tactics here, other than the obvious deny black and purple, and aim to capture a couple of strike.png tiles

Mod Edit: Made this the official 4* ddq of the week thread.
    Last time my Elektra was 3/1/0 (or something like that) and I have managed to win using only the purple skill.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Ms. Natchios is 1/2/0 -- probably not enough to take on Blade, right?
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Make that 2/2/0, as I just pulled a purple from a Legendary.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Ms. Natchios is 1/2/0 -- probably not enough to take on Blade, right?
    YOu never know, but unfortunately you'll probably be dead from match damage long before you can fire any powers.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I barely barely beat him after 10 tries with my 4/1/1 lvl 135, so I must have been doing it wrong or had bad boards.

Won by denying black and purple and red for once, and wore him down with two ballet of death at once.
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Managed to do this one fairly easily with my 3/4/5 130 icon_elektra.png my reward greenflag.pngicon_x23.png to bring her to 2/0/2 (I really need one redflag.png )
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This highlights how bad Elektra is - again.

5/5/3 Level 160, and I still needed a cooperative board with lots of black and little red to win on my fifth try.

She sucks.
    Not as badly as Stretch or Cho, but definitely bottom tier in a 1:1 matchup.

I'll never understand why people run her in PVP.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    0-0-4 Don't want even try this (20k ISO to level)....
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Beat Blade first time with my 5/3/4 level 168 icon_elektra.png - it was very close though, ended up with 313 health! The board was clear of red and black which helped. Unfortunately the legendary gave me my 6th purpleflag.pngicon_iceman.png two days after I got my 5th purpleflag.png, so 1000 ISO icon_e_sad.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2016
    Options
    1st try with level 188, 3/3/5. Used color boosts for purple and black, plus rainbow match damage. Still very close, I only had 723 in health left. Got a redflag.pngicon_thing.png . So now I'm 0/2/0 for him. (UPDATE: should be 2/0/0 for Thing, I never get to use him, so I forgot where his red was)
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First try with 1/5/5 at level 180. I did use boosts (all AP, +2 g/b, all match damage). Was still a little closer than I would like. Thankfully, I got my shadow step right before he got his purple out, otherwise I would have been a goner.

Got another blueflag.png Mr **** (now 5/1/1) which I technically could still use, but would have loved to get someone else icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/5/5, 140, took 6 attempts. A couple very close matches that could've gone either way before I got a board that I could completely control

icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png ... 1k iso8.png
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    lvl 150 2/4/2 beat him in 8th try without boosts.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 229 5/5/3 Elektra. Went very smooth - I was able to steal some strike tiles and get a Shadow Step off to whittle him down. Kept The Hunger in check, no Nightstalker at all, and only Keep you Enemies close at the end when it was too late to matter.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/5/3 lvl 140, beat first try, easy enough, stole strikes and got ballet off.. bad board for blade, he kept matching green and leaving me blacks to shadow step. Thing red for 1k iso from token.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat it on the first try with my 4/5/4 140 electra. Boosted +2R/Y,+2G/B, all match damage. He fired his passive a few times which allowed me to steal a couple strike tiles to finish him off with match damage.

LT gave me a icon_spiderman.pnggreenflag.png for my troubles to bring him to 1/1/0.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mine is 2/0/3, so I'n not very confident. Has anyone had any luck without Shadow?
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've beat Blade after about 6 tries with 4/4/2 166lvl Elektra. I thought that with 10 covers it should be pretty easy but wasn't - other characters DDQ fights are easier even with only 5-6 covers.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    level 145. 5/5/3. deny black and purple. if you can get 10 black and 7 purple by the time he has 9 black and 3 strikes out. cast black and then purple when he hits 9 black. you get 3 strikes and he starts triggering shadow step. cast more as available. first try like the last several have been. this one is more puzzle than some others though. love these the second time around. the first time most were a chore, but covers make huge differences. playing with fully covered characters help too so you know how they play. I'm still ignorant on MFer even though I have him at 12 covers.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mine is 2/0/3, so I'n not very confident. Has anyone had any luck without Shadow?

I was able to get through mine with ever being able to fire Shadowstep (just couldn't make the matches in time, even with boosts), but my Elektra was lvl 188, so my health just barely saw me through the damage. One more turn for him and I would have lost.