4* DDQ: Kingpin fingers Luke

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
Was bored, so decided to start discussions now haha

Here's the thread for the previous Kingpin vs Luke Cage: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34867&hilit=Kingpin+luke+cage&start=20

I'm assuming it will still be Luke Cage, since there's no change to either Kingpin's or Luke's mechanics. Although i wouldn't mind if they shake it up like for Prof X vs Elektra icon_e_wink.gif

My Fingerin' Fisk is currently at 1/3/2, so I'm not too optimistic about this matchup. Im also not sure whether it's worth it to level him up to 131 (he's currently at 120). Unless Luke is at 5/0/5...

Of course, i could luck out and get his blackflag.png from the DDQ vault (:

Comments

• pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah I was waiting for this thread too. My Kingpin is 4/3/1 level 131, and since people are saying his 3rd yellowflag.png is crucial for the strike tiles, I'm not too optimistic for this. Wonder how should I go about this. Save 4 pokes for every 4 goons? (i.e. save 24 blacktile.png and 20 yellowtile.png before casting?)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pabasa130 wrote:
    Yeah I was waiting for this thread too. My Kingpin is 4/3/1 level 131, and since people are saying his 3rd yellowflag.png is crucial for the strike tiles, I'm not too optimistic for this. Wonder how should I go about this. Save 4 pokes for every 4 goons? (i.e. save 24 blacktile.png and 20 yellowtile.png before casting?)
    You have q good black, so you should have a good chance. Try to get Luke to match away his own protest tile, use yellow, then poke, poke, poke!
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    I wonder how it's gonna go for me. Kp was the very first 4* I've gotten and I've come a long way from then nkw and he's not great but at 3-1-3 and lvl 100 should be fun to try it. Hopefully the board is in my favor and he matches away his protect tiles and let me get black and yellow.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Kingpin currently stands at 0/2/0. No chance for me to beat this one!
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Did it on my 5th try after bad boards gave Luke all the blacks previously. It was indeed a matter of saving up blacktile.png until you can safely summon goons to poke to your heart's content.

Thanks for the motivation guys!
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Spent 20K ISO levelling up my 1/3/2 icon_kingpin.png to 131. I thought it was wasted ISO after the first few fights as I was getting nowhere, but I finally did it on my fifth try - saved up 30 yellowtile.png and 24 blacktile.png and as soon as he matched away his shield I let him have it. Still wasn't enough to down him but managed to finish him eventually, I had 251 health left! Got an icon_x23.pngpurpleflag.png to take her up to 3/2/4 icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Didn't even bother last time (1/3/1 70), this time around my icon_kingpin.png is 2/4/4, 140, 2 attempts both times boosted +2 ap redflag.pngyellowflag.png , +2 ap blackflag.pnggreenflag.png +2 ap purpleflag.pngblueflag.png .
    Attempt 1 I got him to 2300.
    Attempt 2 I just beat him with 135 health remaining

icon_nickfury.pngyellowflag.png , 1k iso8.png
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My Kingpin is 0/2/5. It's going to be hard without poke as the countdown tiles just don't do enough damage by themselves. Have tried twice and haven't come close.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    Managed it on the 9th try with lvl 130 3 yellowflag.png 1 blackflag.png 2 purpleflag.png . Denying black was my main game as if he got it off once then I'd die to match damage before I could stop him.

Eventually he popped his own shield and I had a finger party to bring him down, then it was a tense game waiting to see if all the pistols would kill him before I dropped.

He died as he'd just collected that 6th black from a blue match-4. I had 66hp left! Got a icon_thing.pngyellowflag.png for my troubles, bringing him up to the same level as Kingpin... Will see how possible his matchup is now!
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2/2/2 max level 127. I got it on my third try. I used damage boosts and waited until Luke matched away his own tile before using the finger. Advice: Make sure to deny black -- you can survive one jab, but two (even in first form) will likely be too much. Yellow doesn't matter as much because your purple will make sure he never gets to 13 AP.

I got Falcap red. uh.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    Oh, also you're much better off using extra AP boosts than damage boosts, since your match damage will still be mostly mitigated by his protection tile. The game will be decided by finger damage and pistol shots.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/5 lvl 200,. barely noticed cage was there. icon_x23.pnggreenflag.png from the token, to complete her at 5/3/5!!
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Did it with a 5/3/1 Lv 140 build. Stealing his yellow and denying him blacks. Took a few tries but got him in the end. Got a blackflag.pngicon_nova.png for my trouble. Sweet!
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat him on my first try with my 1/4/3 140 KP. I boosted B/G, R/Y and 100% Match damage.

Started with a very heavy black board that included a nice match five for me. Denied black as much as I could but still took two initial JJC. Saved up 24 black and enough yellow to fire it twice and was able to setup a match 4 red that included his shield for him. Of course he took it and I proceeded to let fly with the fingers and CDs. The remaining CDs killed him a few turns later.

Got a Phoenix purpleflag.png to put her at 3/5/1 which kind of makes me worried that now I can open up a 5* ISO cover.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    172 5/4/4 did it first time (last time I think I was 4/5/5 and did it first time). Got a purple Phoenix...because RNG is trolling me and put me to 1/5/1. I'll be tossing that cover while I wonder where my third OML cover is.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heartbreaking icon_eek.gif

Vb2knud.png?1
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champion Kingpin, no issue whatsoever. Each finger poke did 5000 damage and Luke had 15000 health. Simple and straight forward.
    Got icon_nova.pngyellowflag.png - he's 2/5/3 now and I still have the red from SHIELD sim to collect. Maybe I should consider pouring some ISO into him...
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got him on first try with my Kingpin at level 140 and 3/3/4. I did use boosts though (rainbow AP, rainbow damage, r/Y AP). Kept denying black, and got off maggia shots and pokes multiple times.

Got a yellowflag.png XFW, so 1000 iso icon_rolleyes.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For the sake of data collection, I did it with a 135 3/2/4 Fisk using 50% P/U, 50% R/Y, and 100% all match.

I did try it a few times at level 117 and 127 and it was a no go (though I did not use the 100% all match at those levels, the fact that Fisk only had 2K health left when I beat it the 3rd go around leads me to believe lvl 117 and 127 would not have been able to do it even with the 100% all match.).

YMMV.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Kingpin is 0/2/5. It's going to be hard without poke as the countdown tiles just don't do enough damage by themselves. Have tried twice and haven't come close.
    Heh, I have the opposite problem... I'm at 4/1/0... with no countdown tiles to destroy his poke does little damage. Debating whether I want to bring him up to his current level max of 131.