4* DDQ: Carnage VS Doc Oct

Options
madok
madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
Well this go around was a heck of a lot easier for me. Last time with only 1 red cover was painful. This time I rolled in with 3/5/5 level 185 and no boosts and destroyed him. He got one blue off before I fired all the powers.

Got a redflag.pngicon_cyclops.png to bring him up to 4/3/3.

Comments

• pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This was painful.

I managed to eke out a victory on my 12th try. The RNGods sure had a laugh as they gifted me with a 2/5/2 Carnage. Had to level him to 135 for 8k health, boosted +100% blacktile.pnggreentile.png dmg, and saved up enough AP for 3 redflag.png and 2 greenflag.png casts. All the time praying that the green destroyed his eattack.png tiles. As his health dropped to around 3000 (denied green but allowed him to cast blue), I started to carefully match my own attack.png tiles if it was at risk of being matched by Doc Oc.

Only managed to down him after using B/G dmg boost so I think this is vital for underlevelled Carnages.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/4/5 lvl 99, beat it on 2nd try, boosted green/black ap, crit boosts, green/black damage. icon_jeangrey.pngblueflag.png from the token to bring her to lvl 279!
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Level 131, 3/2/1. 13 tries so far, using all manner of boosts combo. Every match I make drops a green or blue right in place for Ock to match immediately. And every other match he makes cascades into more green and blue for him. Gotten him to under 1000 six times . Still no luck.

Gonna go take a walk for a while, get some air and pretend this is just RNG being RNG.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 172, 5/3/5 here. Got him on the third try thanks to a red heavy board - basically saved up red for multiple Scythes.
    Got icon_redhulk.pngpurpleflag.png bringing him to 2/4/4, very nice for his upcoming DDQ.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LVL 90, 4/0/3 - got him on the first try with +2 r/y, +2 all, +50% dmg b/g. We were both under 1000 when I cast my last redflag.png to finish him off, but overall pretty straightforward just denying greenflag.png since there were no tiles for his blueflag.png to destroy.

Got a icon_kingpin.pngpurpleflag.png with the token, bringing him to 0/4/1 (and still unable to compete in DDQ - icon_lol.gif).
  • Carpark
    Carpark Posts: 15
    edited February 2016
    Options
    3/2/3 Carnage level 107, second try, but the first was merely a test at level 94. I found this to be SUPER easy, all you have to do is to deny greenflag.png at any cost and collect redflag.png. Then fire off all you have once you get 21-28 redflag.png and 11-22 greenflag.png. The idea is, you make his blueflag.png useless, and wait for him to use it on an empty board. Make sure you deny his attack tiles and deny your attack tiles as well in case Doc can match them away after he fires his blueflag.png.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3/2/5 level 120 Carnage. Beat it on the third try. His green power is a killer. Deny green and cast everything at the end.

I got a Phoenix purple and I'm now at 0/2/4.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got it with a 111 1/1/2 Carnage boosted to the gills. What everyone said, deny green at all costs. Collect red along the way. Fire all at once. Got a yellowflag.pngicon_kingpin.png bringing him to 3/2/5.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    Beat him pretty easily with a 0/2/3 and 2 green/black stockpiles, 2 green/black boosts, and 3 20% match boosts

Ironically got the redflag.png Carnage cover that would have made this match a complete joke for me...
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Won with a 2/1/2 l111 carny - got a green Rulk for his 2nd cover - yeah for spreading 4*'s almost evenly among my collection. Sigh...
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Done first time with my 3 1 2 lvl115 ,2all ap 2red/yellow and 2green/black ap and got purple ice
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/4/3, 140 did it in one attempt

+2 ap redflag.pngyellowflag.png , +2 ap greenflag.pngblackflag.png +100% match damage. Denied green and blue, stocked red/green till Oc had enough ap to fire his green. 2 red, 2 green then a 3rd green from cascades took Oc under 1k, he stunned me down to 2500, my attack tiles finished him off
    icon_thor.pngblueflag.png
    6si08Mn.png?1
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3rd try, I believe. 2/2/4 Carnage, level 130. Managed to stash away 30 red and 23 green by the time he was ready to use his. Boosted all AP, Crit and TU damage (I was honestly just messing around)

blueflag.pngicon_ironman.png bringing him to 2/4/4
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From Peter's invaluable thread:
    ... Took 2/2/2 Carny to 127 (the level cap), and my first attempt I boosted +2 r/y, +2 g/b, +50% g/b damage. As is normally the case, I did a poor job of denying blue and green, and Doc fired each a bunch of times; I'd only stockpiled enough green to fire it once and red to fire it twice when my health had gotten under 1000, so no happy ending here.

With the second attempt, I only used stockpile boosts, i.e. +2 red, +2 green, +2 all, since I was smarting from not being able to hoard as much AP during my previous match (also, I was out of g/b damage boosts). This time, I was a lot better about denying green (so much so that I had enough to fire mine twice) and blue. Ock did get his blue off once, but I had enough health to shrug it off, and since I was waiting to unload everything in one turn, there weren't any attack tiles on the board when he fired his power. In the end, I was able to fire my red 4 times, my green twice, which didn't quite finish him off but at that point I had a comfortable amount of life left, and the attack tiles + match damage took care of him in a turn or two.

Won a black IMHB, I'm ready for Hulk the next time they face off (in, what, November?).
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon did it first try with no boosts, not too surprising with a level 235 5/3/5 with Symbiote Scythes doing 4591 damage. Got a useless Prof X purple. He's fully covered but 182,486 ISO short of level 270.

Wolveroach took 5 attempts, and I had to level my 2/4/1 up to 130 from 110 to stand a chance. Usual boosts, red/yellow, green/black, all. I denied (and collected) green, collected red, ate a couple of Manipulation, managed to get to 30 of both red and green, let 4 Symbiote Scythes go for 1236 points each, and 2 Carnage Rules for 336 point per special tile. Doc was still at about 1100 and had another Manipulation ready, but a fortuitously placed match-5 and damage from attack tiles took care of him. Got a Fury yellow, which is useful.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    Level 131, 3/2/1. 13 tries so far, using all manner of boosts combo. Every match I make drops a green or blue right in place for Ock to match immediately. And every other match he makes cascades into more green and blue for him. Gotten him to under 1000 six times . Still no luck.

Gonna go take a walk for a while, get some air and pretend this is just RNG being RNG.

Finally got it after another dozen tries. Got a IW greenflag.png for all that. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took 5 tries, level 152 at 1/2/4. Denied green as much as I could. Ended up finally winning after saving enough AP to do red twice and green once.

Got a yellowflag.pngicon_miles.png, he's now 0/2/0 icon_rolleyes.gif
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If I had Carnage's black power then I wouldn't have even tried. As it is, I have one redflag.png and one greenflag.png so I gave it a shot. Actually, I gave it several shots. I knew I didn't really stand a chance with my Carnage only being level 74 but it didn't hurt to try (and try again). I take pride in that I took ol' Doc Ock down to about 50% of his health twice. Like others, I went for a lot of green denial first. After that, I matched red, then black, then team-ups. I didn't mind him having blue that much. Sure, it hurt when he matched them but I didn't mind him occasionally rearranging the board since that could only hurt me if it made a match. It wasn't a great plan but was a good exercise in strategic matching.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It took too many turns, but I got him.
    Got him to 110 and 200 on a couple of attempts with my 94 2/2/0, took him up to 106, used +100% all, +50% g/b +2 r/y, took several more turns, ended up spending 300 HP on boosts, but with extreme green denial and a handy red match 5 I dragged him down to under 4000 and unleash 3 x scythes then a a match into a match to finish him off.

blackflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngicon_e_confused.gif
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    135 1/1/4 took fourteen tries, burned so many buffs, but eventually got the win with all of 6 health remaining...