Crash of Titans Cap vs Cap

Options

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:
    I know people are focused on the red, but with some yellow and blue covers it may be possible to get match damage down to 1 per turn.

If it is Captain Marvel and she throws down an attack tile that may be all you need (Caps blue will get it done).

It's not a pretty strategy but it's not overwhelmingly unfair as Kingpin or Thing had it.

Except as soon as she gets red, all of your protects go away. In a lot of these fights (Starlord v Gamora, Thing v Torch, XF v Cyclops) it's not just about dealing the damage but about doing it before you die from theirs. At 270 and 5 covers, her red is going to hit pretty hard.

If you can actually damage her, she's going to make 5 of the 7 red she needs. I'm envisioning needing to save up enough red to fire dive bomb twice in one go and then still survive her firing skills after. The player will need 9 yellow and 28 red. She'll need 7 red and 9 black.

It's going to be tough (hopefully I'm wrong).

It's 1500 damage at 166, so 270 shouldn't be twice that. I don't know if it takes your protect tile into account before destroying them or after.

You need to deny red entirely, but you want black to go off once. That's a bit easier than the 'deny everything or you die' that were Luke Cage and Torch.

To trigger her yellow you need to be doing in the vicinity of 900 damage per match. Which would require a heck of a lot of blue boosts on the strike tile. You may need to avoid making match 5s though. But it means her yellow should be a non event.

You may need a friendly board sure, but for Thing and Kingpin I needed a board that wanted to have my babies.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    It's 1500 damage at 166, so 270 shouldn't be twice that. I don't know if it takes your protect tile into account before destroying them or after.

You need to deny red entirely, but you want black to go off once. That's a bit easier than the 'deny everything or you die' that were Luke Cage and Torch.

To trigger her yellow you need to be doing in the vicinity of 900 damage per match. Which would require a heck of a lot of blue boosts on the strike tile. You may need to avoid making match 5s though. But it means her yellow should be a non event.

You may need a friendly board sure, but for Thing and Kingpin I needed a board that wanted to have my babies.

As best as I recall, her red cuts through the protect tiles, same as squirrel's purple. Then destroys your tiles for a potential cascade and denies you further yellow ap for a while.

Her black will do heavy damage on lower level Sams, and stun him for two turns during which she can collect more red/black/tu.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm gonna hope they at least have the decency to give us patch as the opponent.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm gonna hope they at least have the decency to give us patch as the opponent.

With his regen? You're going to have to eat a Berserker Rage and the following match damage just to be able to start outdamaging his regen.

If you have 5 red and level 200+ it might blow through his health in one hit, but for most people even 2 reds may not cut through his health.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hopefully if they do go Cap Marvel, they go with the 2*. Protect destruction, energy absorb and stun is a bit much.
    My Samuel L Captain is only 1/1/0, so this is another miss for me regardless.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hopefully if they do go Cap Marvel, they go with the 2*. Protect destruction, energy absorb and stun is a bit much.
    My Samuel L Captain is only 1/1/0, so this is another miss for me regardless.

After seeing BoP, 2* Cap Marvel's black is just deadly, and a 2 parter, at least 3* would leave you with a strike tile to buff, that she cannot destroy like she can your shields.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Regardless of the oppponent, I'm in the zero red category (4/3/0) and doubt it'll be possible. That'll be 2 in-a-row, streaking in the wrong direction.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    So what's the worst possible teamup we can expect here? I ask with the knowledge that whatever we say will undoubtedly appear!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So what's the worst possible teamup we can expect here? I ask with the knowledge that whatever we say will undoubtedly appear!
    Gotta be trickery, right?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine is at 0/3/1. I cannot even generate Protect tiles to buff with my blue, or to multiply my damage with Red... ugh.

Worst teamups would be any that steal your shields, Loki flips them to attack tiles, She Hulk or Moonstone who would steal some of them, or Yelena who will turn a couple of them into Critical tiles causing massive damage, or Bullseye that will Blow 2 of them up.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Gotta be trickery, right?

L270 Nuts from Above.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is going to be Ant-Man... which is amazing thematically, and would be what i would choose for his opponent after the movie.. and pairing of powers.. shields to rebuff attack tiles, ant-man able to steal the shields, and putting CD tiles on the reds you need, so you can match them... it is a perfect fight..

except i have no failcap red.. so i can just watch from a distance...
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    A Rogers vs. Sammy would be an interesting matchup. Not as bad as Marvel. But knowing how sadistic D3 is, I fully expect a 270 Marvel. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Falcap is 2/4/2 so I have a little hope, (unlike with Thing where there was just no chance).

We will see.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Devs NEED to do an easy one, most of us don t have the red cover, and it is because THEY keep using RNG for deciding cover rewards.

I am quite pissed, this is going to be the first DDQ4 I am going to fail, and I am going to fail with 6 covers of the featured char! (In most fights you can win with 6 covers). I can't even buy a cover or two with HP to make things easier, because the one I need to buy is the one I don't have. Sigh icon_e_sad.gif

PS: And I don't understand why JG was first, everybody has her much more covered than Captain Falcon or The thing so It would have been much appreciated if we faced her DDQ4 first so we had more time to cover the other guys...Devs should make the order of all DDQ4 public, so we all now, and we can prepare.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Captain Marvel, as suspected. My 2 red are going to have it tough here.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got her on the second try with +100% all damage boost and +50% red/yellow damage. Was very lucky and got a very red starved board, saved up for a yellow+red combo, then kept counting the yellow tiles on the board to see when a Divebomb would KO her.
    Got a Phoenix green from the legendary token, so that was very nice. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's pretty impossible. I'm at 2/1/1. I have 5861 max hit points. You can't deny her red and black long enough to survive. You need at least 10k health to survive a pretty much match dmg game against her. Yellow is useless as board general recycles every 8 turns. Even if you deny her red and black. Sharing yellow she'll just match them away.

After Thing, no way I'm doing this again. And I'm not dumping HP and ISO into Cptn Falcon for a less than 50% chance at a cover I need
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    With 4* Deadpool Dailies, it is obvious that the devs are more interested in making you spend money on more covers than creating a DPD that rewards 4*s. Not only is it incredibly luck based, but it's almost impossible due to scarcity of covers outside of legendary packs (some people don't even have the red covers). Additionally, the devs seems to go out of their way just to make the match-ups impossible. We've got a character that can create shields on every yellow, so we are given an opponent that has 5 in red and can thus destroy all of those shields with only a handful of AP, whereas we need to gather 9 yellows just to cast it once. We can do lots of damage with Falcon's red, and even more with shields out, but it's all but useless because doing a large amount of damage gives an automatic AP boost to CM who then proceeds to kill us with the gained AP.

The problem is that without fail we are given an opponent at level 270 and with the most powerful moves. The game already has a scaling mechanic; why not use one here that scales to whatever level we happen to be on with our character? My Captain Falcon is only level 127 with 2/2/2. I should be facing an opponent about my level. At least that'd make it fair. Some people would say that that'd just make it easier to get more covers it'd break the game. My reply is, 1.) no it won't, because getting covers is only half of the problem, getting iso8 is another. Plus, with the rate at which they release 4*s, getting a guaranteed cover every 5 days is nothing. And 2.), isn't that the point of DPD? If not why even have it?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015
    Options
    This one is by far the most unfair fight.

Devs STOP DOING THIS !!!! THIS IS NOT FUN!!!!

As I said before, I have six covers and I am beaten to pulp. Not a chance. If I am super lucky I can cast yellow and start upgrading my shields, so I can resist her attacks. But then when she gets to 7 red AP all of them are destroyed **** !

I don't have red, but for any given player that can fire a 1,2 or 3 cover red, the only thing you are going to accomplish is make her stronger !!! Again **** ?!?!?!

So basically to win you need a 1/x/5 covers (where all together is 10+ covers) falcon then get 9 yellow and 14 red and kill her firing first yellow then red in the same turn and kill her with one attack OR have 7+ covers (a lot of blue covers), let her cast black (and survive) and start upgrading the strike tile, and have a very good board where she doesn't fire anything else... So LUCK LUCK LUCK and EXTRA LUCK to win.

Again, THIS IS NOT FAIR, THIS IS NOT FUN.