Crash of the Titans Cycle 2: Cyclops

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Last time, Cyclops was 0/1/1. Now he's 3/2/5. Just need to gather enough iso to get him to 170.

Previous Runs
Crash of the Titans Cycle 1: Cyclops (12/14/15)

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I shouldn't expect much success from a 3/1/1 Cyclops, right?
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the old post. Couldn't find it (wrong search terms I suppose).

I'm very pessimistic for my 2/1/1 Cyclops. Oh well.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pabasa130 wrote:
    I'm very pessimistic for my 2/1/1 Cyclops. Oh well.

I'm a little more optimistic than you.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last time my Cyclops was 5/2/1 (or something like that) and was able to pull it off with ease. The number of red covers is crucial here.
    Now he's maxed and championed, so it should be an easy fight for me.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    My 0/0/2 Cyclops will watch from the sidelines.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/5/3 at level 158. I don't think I have enough damage dealing even if my red collection is pretty good or if I level Cyclops.

The next 3 should all be clearable at least. My Red Hulk and X-23 are in much better shape than last time.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was lucky enough to obtain the optimal covers for him 5/5/3. Shouldn't have a problem winning this fight, having that fifth uncanny strategist cover makes matters significantly easier, even if my character is only lol 155
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    I was lucky enough to obtain the optimal covers for him 5/5/3. Shouldn't have a problem winning this fight, having that fifth uncanny strategist cover makes matters significantly easier, even if my character is only lol 155

Cyclops' blue is much, much better at 5 than 3, while his yellow is still quite useful at 3. If you're at that stage of the game, he's worth Championing and respecing to 5/3/5 - all in all he's one of the best characters out there. Arguably as good as IMHB - easily as good if not better for climbing, a mixed bag for defense (his powers work better with a player behind him, but they still work ok with the AI,) and not quite as good for hops.

That being said, so long as he's a decent level at all, you shouldn't have a problem with his DPDQ.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Cyclops is at 5/1/1 level 145.

I should get another yellow cover from Starfall before the DDQ 4*.

Do I need to dump more ISO into him?
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I have a 1/1/3 which will become 1/2/3 after nabbing the Starfall cover. Is it possible to beat it with that configuration?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time my Clops was inferior but since then I pulled two covers from the Valentines Vault (and two 4pools!) along with several more from LTs. I got him at 4/1/5 level 125 and I have 70k iso ready to level him up as needed. I hope I can save some of that for my Punisher covers dying in my queue but if I can't oh well.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    MaxxPowerz wrote:

Cyclops' blue is much, much better at 5 than 3, while his yellow is still quite useful at 3. If you're at that stage of the game, he's worth Championing and respecing to 5/3/5 - all in all he's one of the best characters out there. Arguably as good as IMHB - easily as good if not better for climbing, a mixed bag for defense (his powers work better with a player behind him, but they still work ok with the AI,) and not quite as good for hops.

That being said, so long as he's a decent level at all, you shouldn't have a problem with his DPDQ.

Agree, his blue power is amazing, it's a just a shame that it always come down to that power or his yellow being under leveled. While the conventional wisdom might be to go all in on called shot, his uncanny strategist is underrated. At max covers it gives out 4 ap. With the right board setup and some lucky cascades you can collect up to 8 ap a turn.

Called Shot is great but it is also subject to luck, and the damage output isn't all that impressive. Also if the endgame here is to collect enough tu tiles to fire off his nuke, your better off just matching those instead. They are both formidable, but I feel like people overlook his Yellow ability.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2016
    Options
    4/2/2 max level (168). I did it on the third try. Red/yellow+2, all+2, damage+100%. My initial goal was to get a yellow match and place the CD when there was a TU match on the board. I needed to get red off twice to win, once with the extra damage. I could survive one of his red blasts, but just barely. I used the blue power to set up an extra match for some vital AP.

It's not so much about AP denial as it is about getting your own red power off as quickly as possible.
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    I managed it second try after levelling my 5/3/2 Cyclops to level 150. Used +2 red/yellow AP, +2 blue/purple and +100% red/yellow damage. First try the AI gave Hulkbuster all the black but second try was pretty easy.

The legendary gave me yellowflag.pngicon_cyclops.png. At least it wasn't a dupe.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    Agree, his blue power is amazing, it's a just a shame that it always come down to that power or his yellow being under leveled. While the conventional wisdom might be to go all in on called shot, his uncanny strategist is underrated. At max covers it gives out 4 ap. With the right board setup and some lucky cascades you can collect up to 8 ap a turn.

Called Shot is great but it is also subject to luck, and the damage output isn't all that impressive. Also if the endgame here is to collect enough tu tiles to fire off his nuke, your better off just matching those instead. They are both formidable, but I feel like people overlook his Yellow ability.

I don't think people overlook his yellow so much as the gains from going from 3 to 5 are so much better with his blue, you get a significant increase in dmg and a wider area of coverage which reduces the amount of luck in that attack. The 5 in yellow gets you a few more red ap, but your limiting factor for a powered up red is almost always going to be the amount of TU ap you have instead.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    lvl 120 4/4/2, +2TU, 100% Match damage.

Deny red, then black.
    Try and pick up yellow and TU.
    Save red for a big blast with TU or use to destroy a single tile to your advantage.

Took 5 goes
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I forget if I beat this one first time. I know I picked up three Cyc covers back-to-back and quickly champed him...which led to beating this first try today. HB did get one red off and knocked 3/4's of my health off without using his black, it's still not an "easy" matchup.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/3/3 cyclops here @ 147. basically no chance. After 6 tries I haven't gotten IMHB below 12k health.

even supercharged I would do 2k damage with red.

I think it might be possible in 10 or 20 tries if I

(1) went with full HP match boosts; and
    (2) got a really lucky board that let me collect all the red/ap/blue/yellow I need while preventing IMHB from ever getting red/blue/black.

But that's too expensive for me (especially since LTs no longer have OML)
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I beat him last time, so it was easy to beat him again this time. And then I won my first bss, which will be great after I win around 5-6 more covers of him in the next few years!!
  • HeyoJayo
    HeyoJayo Posts: 75
    Options
    1/2/3 lv 100.

Maybe next cycle I'll have him ready, probably not worth a shot yet.