Crash of the Titans Cycle 2: X-23

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Looking back, X-23 didn't go up against a low level opponent like Red Hulk did. A shame. I had her at 0/0/3. Now she's 1/2/5 at 170.

Previous Runs:
Crash of the Titans Cycle 1: X-23

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last time X-23 was nowhere near good enough to win. This time she's 5/4/4 and I have the ISO to max her if needed. Looking forward to an easy fight.
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Do you think a 4/0/4 has a chance to win? Can a non-regenerative X-23 win this match?
    I have some iso to put in her if the answer is yes, but have also better target for it if not.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My X-23 is 3/4/2, so I'll at least be able to stay in the matches by healing.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0/3/1. Guess I'll heal Elektra to death

Imagine if she gets black out -- you'd think the match was between a one-cover wonder for how long it'll drag out.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mine is 2/1/2 and I'm going to give it a shot. This feels like one that you don't have to have a lot in the character to have a shot. Just control red and purple.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looks like I beat it with a lvl94 1/1/2 last time. So my lvl170 4/4/5 should have no problem. I remember I was able to deny red and black easily from the board I got. But if you need a gauge, last time I had a pretty minimal X-23.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've got a lvl 152, 2/1/4, so I think I have a shot this time, especially after reading the previous thread where people were doing it with just 5 covers or less. Maybe I'll get lucky and get that X-23 purple in the DDQ vault right now by tomorrow (yeah, right.)

Assuming its Elektra again, it looks like I would actually avoid triggering Berserker Fury so she's not giving more strike tiles for Elektra to switch. There was also a good tip to just work on Savage Healing matches if she gets out Shadow Steps, at least as far as you can until you can match them away. I'll definitely be using boosts as it is.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm hoping to not need too much iso for my x23. she's fully covered at 5/3/5, but still at level 70. if I can skip putting iso into her that means more for the others ahead of her on my list. she's not far down my list, but there's a couple in front of her. we'll see.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    nearly managed with half covered level 111 last time, so I can only assume 5/4/4 lvl 150 will be fine
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    AsylumTKJ wrote:
    Do you think a 4/0/4 has a chance to win? Can a non-regenerative X-23 win this match?
    I have some iso to put in her if the answer is yes, but have also better target for it if not.

Absolutely. That purple will be all you need (especially if Electra matches) the green will just be a nice boost. Deny her red and go for every purple match you can and you should win nicely.
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Beat her last time with a 0/1/3 X-23 after many, many tries. This time she was 3/2/5 and levelled up to 150, but it was still tricky - second time she managed to get both red and black out just before I was going to finish her off! Won the third try though, and got a redflag.pngicon_redhulk.png to take him to 5/3/3. Getting there with the 4* transition...
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2016
    Options
    3/3/2 lvl 168 + match damage boosts. Done it but was at 75 health=) Electra's black and red is ouch....

Got cherry bomb.....well could be worse (chohulk hotdog)....
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/4/4, level 168. Got her on the first try, so I didn't have to level X-23. Quite nice being able to just heal away the damage and dish out some of your own...
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    I've got a lvl 152, 2/1/4, so I think I have a shot this time, especially after reading the previous thread where people were doing it with just 5 covers or less. Maybe I'll get lucky and get that X-23 purple in the DDQ vault right now by tomorrow (yeah, right.)

Assuming its Elektra again, it looks like I would actually avoid triggering Berserker Fury so she's not giving more strike tiles for Elektra to switch. There was also a good tip to just work on Savage Healing matches if she gets out Shadow Steps, at least as far as you can until you can match them away. I'll definitely be using boosts as it is.

Got it 3rd try with rainbow boosts. My one cover in Savage Healing wasn't enough to offset the Shadow Step pain, but a good board let me finally get a few greens off and she finally matched my purple trap to finish herself off. Oh and if you're denying red like you should, there's no way to avoid Beserker fury.

LT got me my old nemesis, yellowflag.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beat it in three goes with a 118 3/1/2 with rainbow and some damage boosts. Not exactly easy as it took in the end a decent number of pinks on the board to guarantee a decent chance of a tracking prey match to win to avoid dying next turn but not all that complicated either.

Got a blueflag.png Hulkbuster out of it.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Level 160 4/4/5 won first vanilla run through with 205 health left.

Wolveroach's level 78 1/1/1 won't be attending this event.

:edit: Forgot to mention I got an Iceman purple from the token. My 4/1/5 Iceman is sad...
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Managed it with my 3/0/3 icon_x23.png took a few tries (mostly it was her black that was causing the issue) but finally managed to gather enough purpleflag.png and greenflag.png to take her down, no redflag.png makes it a little tricky but achievable
    for my reward, I received a blackflag.pngicon_venom.png (to bring him to 1/1/1)
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Level 152 1/4/2
    +2 red +2 purple + critical
    Very luck with purple critical in the beginning. Match purple in the end with only 5 hp left
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Options
    Can I do it with a l94 1/1/2? I'm quite pessimistic about that..
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can I do it with a l94 1/1/2? I'm quite pessimistic about that..

I've seen people quote lower but it'll most certainly be all the boosts and the a lot of luck on the board. The main thing is denying red as Ballet Of Death always goes in the sodding corner and has no practical matches for it...