Totally Awesome 4* DDQ: Release the BEAST!

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
OK, so we know Amadeus Cho is up next in the DDQ rotation. Try to contain your excitement, everyone.
Floor is open for speculation on his opponent. Plain old Indestructible Hulk has popped up twice in the 4* DDQ and been a pushover both times, does he get the chance to prove the third time is the charm? Or could they go with his cousin instead? Or maybe Dr Doom to make sure there are no blues on the board when Hulk wants to chow down?

My Cho is 5/4/4 and level 152. I sincerely hope that is good enough to beat this mission as I'd really prefer to not have to level him up any more.

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My guess is She-Hulk.

They both share blue/green and it's topical since she's currently cameoing in his comic book.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The day we all knew would eventually come and we'd have to dump ISO into this bozo. I've got a 4/4/1 Cho at lvl 74 and would rather send ISO on my Spider-Gwen quite frankly (ended up with two redflag.png cover pulls for her yesterday, putting her at 0/4/1) or any of the other 4 stars I'm trying to level.

So I'm curious, if this ends up being one of those FalCap/CapMarvel or Starlord/Gamora matchups where you just have to have them at above 170-200 or above just to tough through it with a lucky board, will you sacrifice the ISO? Just so you have this one DDQ day "covered"? Or do you just shake your head and move on, spending the ISO literally anywhere else?

As for the opponent, maybe Shulkie, she's been banded around a lot in theories for a while now. Or they could have a battle of mutated nerds and have it against Beast. They share 2 colors as well and his yellowflag.png heal could make this a nightmare for players, so I guess that may be attractive to the devs.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My guess is Ragnarok. Cho used to hang out with the God Squad, so a deity-ish opponent is vaguely thematic. Aside from that, they share two colors, and have game mechanisms in common (charged tiles, self heal). Plus Rags isn't so hot one on one, and Cho needs all the help he can get.

Are there still people with spoilery knowledge about these things? I wouldn't mind a hint or two about whether it would be worth dumping a little iso into him.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    stowaway wrote:
    Are there still people with spoilery knowledge about these things? I wouldn't mind a hint or two about whether it would be worth dumping a little iso into him.

My thinking with this one is that if he needs iso to win the ddq then I would rather miss out on the LT.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always figure it's not just -this- LT...it's all future ones also. Try to get them passable as soon as you can! That's why I've moved up every 4* I can to 172, most seem pretty easy there (MrF was still a super-pain).

I have "lucked" into a 5/5/3 Cho, we'll see how that does at 172...I'm worried it will be MrF-type difficult. Hoping for a 222 opponent. Like 222 bagman, which might still be Cho's match.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OBW would be a difficult but strategically oriented match; two shared colors, blue denial and actually working the board to make HDS pay off.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Against a 3/5/0 Dr. Doom maybe? At the very least we might get to see some Cho healing then icon_razz.gif
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't think it's going to make much of a difference who it is, it's going to suck unless you've got Chulk mostly covered and leveled. Though it would be entertaining if it WAS bagman (possibly a tongue in cheek admission that Cho really is the bagman of 4*s from the devs) pretty much anyone else is going to be annoying since cho just plain sucks.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll go ahead and guess MrF. The only character as bad as Cho, possibly even worse in a 1v1 situation. They happen to share 2 colors so it would fit the most common theme.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0/1/3. No amount of iso can help me.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I guess daken
    Daken lose health when blue tile is less than 7
    Hulk could use black power when blue tiles are less than 7
    Daken could create strike tile when matching green tile
    Hulk could create green ap without match green and could destroy attack tile with green power
    So both side will focus on blue tile
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cho's nemesis in-game seems to be Mephisto, who's not a character one can battle in the game, but now has Hood as an ally, since the chapter preceding Cho's game debut.
    Hood and Cho share two colors, and beating a 5 blue Hood certainly requires a little strategy, fittingly something Cho Aniki is supposed to be good at.
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4/5/4 for me. Level 70 too! Can't wait.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm 1-2-1 Lvl 70 this is going to definitely be a skip unless his opponent is an absolute push over.

Please be Bagman! icon_razz.gif
  • Quebbster
    Options
    RELEASE THE BEAST!
    There are definitely worse picks. Going to give it a few tries with my level 152 Cho Before sinking any ISO into him.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hate being right. My lvl 150, 4/4/1 Cho couldn't even get one green on beast, despite boosts. Not going to bother with a health pack on this, I've wasted enough iso on this.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got him just fine with my lvl 130 Chulk (5/4/4 covers) and shockingly enough I even managed to fire off his black more than once since I was denying blue anyway.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 106, 5/3/4 did it first try.
    Match damage boosts, +Green/Black + Blurple.

Very cooperative board, got two greens off.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lvl 130 5/5/3, beast didn't even try, won with almost full health, no boosts.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Lost my first attempt, but I had Beast down to 1200 Health or so, so I don't Think I need to give Cho any ISO this time.