Totally Awesome 4* DDQ: Release the BEAST!

Options

Comments

• pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Did it on my 3rd try. Level 100 Chulk, 4/2/5. +2 black/green AP, +50% black/green damage, +60% all damage boost.

Really helps that Beast's blue is not optimal, as it takes two turns to activate (as opposed to only one at 5 covers). Devs really throwing us a bone here.

Also helps that Beast helps you trigger black as both of you compete for the blue and green. Also helps that Beast's green does only 944 damage without any special blue tiles out.

It was a lengthy fight but my 5 cover black helped to sustain Chulk long enough to heal the bulk of any damage beast might have did.

Saving the legendary token for next season.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    I hate being right. My lvl 150, 4/4/1 Cho couldn't even get one green on beast, despite boosts. Not going to bother with a health pack on this, I've wasted enough iso on this.

Apparently I hadn't wasted enough iOS on this (or health packs). I dumped some more iso into him to shore up his health and got it 3rd try. Gathered blues up to over 20 before finally firing green. Eventually wore him down.

Got a yellowflag.pngicon_cyclops.png , making him now 1/5/4. If I ever get some more red, I can actually level him.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 125, 3/1/5, no boosts. Got Beast down to around 4000 (right after a Medical Marvel). One more try with full boosts and was good to go.

Saving my LT until I have more ISO to give me a better chance at Championing a shortlist of characters.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With 3*'s I know some consider beast good - I just never have. I denied blue first and then green, despite that Beast got two blues off and no green. Beast also healed twice and I still downed him first try (5/5/3 172).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    With 3*'s I know some consider beast good - I just never have. I denied blue first and then green, despite that Beast got two blues off and no green. Beast also healed twice and I still downed him first try (5/5/3 172).
    He's good when he has a 5/5/3 build, this seems to be a 2/2/2 build...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very slow match. Victory took 2 attempts, first @70, no boosts, second @100 boosting 100% match damage, 50% black/green damage, 50% blue/purple damage.

Unneeded Carnage green was my reward
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/0/2 lvl 106. First try got him to less than 2k with b/g damage boost. Second try won with max damage boosts. Gotta use that black power strategically to avoid having to give green or yellow matches. Save green for when you can't match blue (or are in a corner with only bad matches and can't fire black). Not the toughest.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had too much luck to comment on strategy. Multiple critical cascades in Hulk's colors. That plus Mastermind with 30 blue ap made the winning fight a short one.

My first attempts with a 3/2/2 Cho at low levels went badly, so I took him up to 120. G/b, b/p ap and 100% all damage boosts.

Any angst over spending iso on TAH went away when I pulled BSS blueflag.png with my token.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    level 94 5/2/2. 3 tries got him. 2nd and 3rd try got all color damage boost X5, green black damage boost X5, and green/black ap boost X2. that third match I got black off a few times actually = luck. I think its asinine that his black ends the turn. that's not in the description and I don't put a lot of research into cho, but that's just stupid to make it so restrictive that it hardly ever goes off and then have it end the turn. his blue and green are more interesting but his green either needs to cost less or do more damage. and his black needs to be dependent on basic blue tiles on the board. not total blue tiles. make it less than 5-6 basics and once you get blue going it becomes more reliable. it is nice that its true healing though.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did it in the first try with a Chulk 111 - 5/4/2 . Very long battle, first time I fire black twice in the same match (!!!). I needed to fire green twice, first time it just did 4k, and he could heal himself with one yellow.

We are lucky he was just 2/2/2 ...
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got him first try with 111 cho at 1-0-3. Only had 6 health left. Used max boosts.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    did it with a 94 cho (2/2/5), 64 health left. boost b/p, b/g and rainbow. took 3 or 4 tries

dammit. pulled a baglady greenflag.png

CURSE YOU CHO
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4th try, 147 2/2/3 chulk.

Those first 3 tries had absurdly bad boards for me and he would manage to kill my blue countdown every time... icon_mad.gif
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Took 4 tries, but did it with a lvl 120 3-2-1 Chulk. Boosted 100% all colors, and 50% green. It was slow going with waiting to fire green after Beast sets out his countdown tile. A couple cascades and match 5's in my favor finally sealed the deal. Got a red Ghost Rider, which is needed. Glad I didn't have to sink anymore iso into this terrible hulk!
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Started with a 3/0/1 Chulk at L80. That went nowhere fast.

Boosted him to 111, used +dmg, +G/B, +all. That went much better, once I had a board that let me stockpile enough green to take out blue CD tiles before they fired. Won on my 5th attempt with about 2000 HP left.

Reward: blackflag.pngicon_ironman.png Hulkbuster, now 4/2/3. ISO well spent.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/2/0 lvl 127 (was at lvl 70 but that didn't work)

2 tries; 2nd time boosted All AP,+20 Match Damage, Green/Black Damage. Went smoothly because I swear Beast thought Black was a color he used (he ended with 27 Black O.O).

Won Thor, which brings her to 272!
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lost my first attempt with a 130 5/2/5 Cho. So bumped him up to 140 and did max boosts and squeaked it out on the second try. I nearly passed out from shock after I was actually able to fire his black TWICE in one match. LT banked.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 110, 5/3/5, +2b/p, +2g/b, +2 rainbow.

Got it on my first try.

Denied blue and yellow at all cost (since Beast's green is pretty wimpy without extra special tiles and I didn't want Beast healing).

Used See the Math of It only when I had around 10 blue more than I needed, that way I could still hit with Mastermind Excello with a good 1k bonus.

Hot dog stand was used 3 or 4 times. With no blue on the board, it actually healed me. I just made sure not to use it if there was a beneficial match on the board.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Won on my first try, but I have a fully covered and then some (5/5/3) level 145 Cho. I also boosted +2 all, +2 g/b, +2 b/p. He only fired blue once, and Cho's targeted green made it easy to clear the unmatchable special tile. I also had two blue match 5s on my first turn. The best part is the LT gave me a greenflag.pngicon_iceman.png which is only my second green, and the only color I need for him.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tried about 10 times with my 94 1/1/2 but yeah despite getting him down to about 5k a couple of times I'm happy saying that's impossible even with boosts.