Miles Morales' 4* DDQ: Star-Lord who?

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
We have dev confirmation that Miles Morales is up next in the 4* DDQ, so let's start the speculation!
Personally, I think it would be fun if Miles and Spider-Gwen got to face off against each other since they have identical strong colors and both have powers that trigger off Web tiles. Gwen might come out on top in that battle though, so I'll be happy if I am wrong. icon_e_smile.gif
My Miles is 3/1/5 but only level 74 at the moment. Some ISO should help him win this though as maxed Venom Blast is a huge advantage.

Comments

• HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think the big question is whether or not it will be an opponent who can damage invisible opponents. That will make the difference between winning or not for a lot of people with only a few covers.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine is 5/3/5, but still lvl 70. I'm very curious to see what kind of love he'll need to pull this off.

Kinda thinking it might be another Carnage fight... but we'll see.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Miles is currently 4/2/1 level 74 so I may just push him to level 120 ish, it worked with ChoHulk yesterday.

I'm thinking his opponent will be Venom, probably the four star one.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't played Miles since his intro event (he may have been featured in a PVE I didn't play....) - I totally forgot he can go invisible until reading here. I have a 3/1/2 - may leave enough ISO to max him (131) and try to play the invis/match damage game if it isn't an AOE/healer like Kamala.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    One thing you do have to note is that his purple invisibility is *not* spammable, as in if you lose the tile you need more AP to turn invisible again.

His Hide and Seek ability will turn into Surprise after the first cast, and will only turn into Hide and Seek again after you cast Surprise, regardless if your invisible tile is still on the board.

If you lose your invisible tile, you need to spend 15 purple AP (14 AP at 5 covers) to turn invisible again. This makes him a bit more difficult to protect compared to Prof X and Invisible Woman, with whom you can just recast the invisibility ability at the same cost.

This is possibly offset by Miles' ability to get 1 purple AP every time anyone (even your opponent) matches a webbed tile with 1 yellow cover.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oof, good to know about the invisibility. I have Miles at about level 100 with 2/0/5. Should be okay, possibly needing a little leveling depending on the enemy threat level.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hoping the opponent is a scaled down Green Goblin. Would be cool to see him mirror a battle from the comics.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Heh. Star-Lord. My level 74 Miles may not need any extra ISO to beat him. OK, he probably does, but it still feels like Another softball.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yep did it with a level 90 MM. 5/2/3. Boosted +2 purple and +50% purple. Hard deny purple. I assume his AoE portion can still hit you.

Once you go invisible it's all a matter of protecting that tile and having enough AP (14 or 15) to turn back invisible if it does get matched away.
  • newton999
    newton999 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    0/1/4 Miles Lvl 131 : + 2 R/Y, +2 All, + 100% damage boost.
    Deny red and purple. 1st try. 4.000 hp left.

SL yellow... Huhuhu.
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Really easy fight.
    Beat it on first try with no boost with my lvl 131 2/3/1 Miles.
    Won a redflag.pngicon_captainamerica.png
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Did it second time with my 2/4/1 level 70 Miles - forgot that Star-Lord purple has some team damage the first time. Used +2 purple, +2 all and 100% all damage, one purple match got me invisible and from then on it was straightforward. Got a blackflag.pngicon_nova.png to take him to 1/2/3.

Hope the rest of the new 4* DDQs are this easy!
  • Quebbster
    Options
    As I suspected I did not have to level my Miles at all. icon_e_smile.gif Just go invisible, Watch out for any explosions, and whittle him down.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    lvl 170 4/3/5, simplest one yet, but still died first time as I couldn't get invisible before getting purpled

Second time, invisible within 2 turns, no more damage, 3 venom blasts and a surprise, all over very quickly

got a :redulk: greentile.png for my troubles, making a total of 2/8/3 for him now icon_mad.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First try with my 1/1/5 lvl 70 Miles. Used +2 B/P, +2 all. No damage boosts. Just went invis, protected my tile, made web tiles, did 1600 a pop with Red (thanks to the 5 covers) and used Surprise for the finishing blow. SL did get off one of his Purple powers on my and took away half my health. So, if two of those go off at lvl 70, you're SOL.

Added the LT to my hoard.
  • mjmora87
    mjmora87 Posts: 18
    Options
    Beat it, 1/0/1. Used damage power ups for red and purple just to speed it up a bit. Took a bit but was not hard. As long as you're invisible, only his purple's 1,400 damage hits you.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/2/4 188, first try with purple/blue and yellow/red AP boosts. Poor Pete never stood a chance. Went invis on turn 2 or 3 and only popped out to smack him with a surprise when I had enough to go right back invis again. Ended with 95% health and got a yellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png xforce (more levels, yay)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I haven't played Miles since his intro event (he may have been featured in a PVE I didn't play....) - I totally forgot he can go invisible until reading here. I have a 3/1/2 - may leave enough ISO to max him (131) and try to play the invis/match damage game if it isn't an AOE/healer like Kamala.

Team mates were telling me how easy this was, maxed to that 131 and beat him easily first time.

Ah Star Lord - you really, REALLY deserve a buff.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Options
    Too bad my MM is 0/1/1. I was hoping to get his purple cover from DDQ vault before today. See you next time, Quill.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2/0/0 Miles, max level.

I could get hit with two of Star-Lord's purple attacks while shielded.
    One time I had him down to around 1000 health, but then Sleight of Hand took away my invis tile, aaaaaaarrrrghh. I finally did it on my 9th try. Got my tenth Phoenix cover. Woo.