4* DDQ:Spider-Gwen vs Spider-Miles!

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
So, let's start the speculation about Spider-Gwen's DDQ! Personally, I hope she gets to go up against Miles Morales - identical colors and both have abilities powered by web tiles. I Think Gwen has the upper hand in that battle thanks to her red.
My Gwen is 1/3/4, so she's far from optimally built but I hope I at least have enough red to pull it off. She definitely has a better chance than my 1/1/2 Quake who should be up next. icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is Gwen's red the key here? I would've thought having at least one purple would've been more important. (Translation: should I spend the 50+ tacos to try to fish out another Cherry Bomb for my 0/1/1 Gwenno?)
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've got a 0/4/1 Gwen at level 131. Would love the purple cover that's in my taco vault so I could stun and get more web tiles out, but at 4587 damage for each Cherry Bomb, I'm thinking I've still got a shot. I'll have to rely on her yellow for webs.

Miles would help with the web tiles or it could be 2* Venom in the same vein.

This is all assuming that the Gauntlet doesn't make me throw my phone out a window before Thursday tho.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I don't think a single purple cover will make much difference since it just stuns for a single turn without making any Web tiles. Obviously stunning is Always useful, but Gwen can't keep a stunlock going for long.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ah man, hey should restart the cycle already, Gwen has only been in PvP as 1000 reward twice I think (when she was presented and another one), we also got one cover as 2000 reward in sim and the initial PvE and that's it. Someone like me that has not pulled any Gwen in tokens is going to have a really tough problem. Mine is just 1/2/1 max level 94, so she is going to be my first fail of this cycle icon_e_sad.gif

Maybe if the fight was against a 0/5/0 Miles ... icon_razz.gif
    Quebbster wrote:
    I don't think a single purple cover will make much difference since it just stuns for a single turn without making any Web tiles. Obviously stunning is Always useful, but Gwen can't keep a stunlock going for long.

Just one purple cover is not worth much I agree, it doesn't create even one web tile, for that you need 2 in purple. Yellow is 8 Ap, it won't heal you but at least it creates 2 web tiles to help your red (why is yellow not healing Gwen ?!?!?!?! that is beyond my comprehension)
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Ah man, hey should restart the cycle already, Gwen has only been in PvP as 1000 reward twice I think (when she was presented and another one), we also got one cover as 2000 reward in sim and the initial PvE and that's it. Someone like me that has not pulled any Gwen in tokens is going to have a really tough problem. Mine is just 1/2/1 max level 94, so she is going to be my first fail of this cycle icon_e_sad.gif

Yeah, this is a little ridiculous now. My Gwen is 0/3/1, so with 3 red I might have a chance. But I'm not going to put any ISO into her since her max level is only 111.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    Yeah, this is a little ridiculous now. My Gwen is 0/3/1, so with 3 red I might have a chance. But I'm not going to put any ISO into her since her max level is only 111.

Level 111 was enough for me to win with Chulk (3/5/3) and Howard (1/1/3), and though i won with Nova @ 123, that was overkill (5/5/2). I came close with Venom as well (2/5/4) at that level. Fairly confident my 1/3/2 Gwen will be good at lvl 111 also, but we'll see.

It's 'only' about 10k iso, and will give you a better chance than not doing so.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Looks like the cycle will be restarting after Gwen, Nick Fury is apparently up next.
    My 1/1/2 Quake is rather happy to have a chance to beef up a bit more Before having a go at this.
    I happened to get Another red cover for Gwen from the Simulator vault yesterday, so I am very optimistic about her chances now. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Looks like the cycle will be restarting after Gwen, Nick Fury is apparently up next.
    My 1/1/2 Quake is rather happy to have a chance to beef up a bit more Before having a go at this.
    I happened to get Another red cover for Gwen from the Simulator vault yesterday, so I am very optimistic about her chances now. icon_e_smile.gif

I'm glad that the new cycle might be starting soon, but XFW comes before Fury, no?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

I'm glad that the new cycle might be starting soon, but XFW comes before Fury, no?
    Tell the devs that. The sneak peek thread says Fury is next. I don't know what that means either.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

Dammit, I actually did okay with Quake so I was hoping they wouldn't reset till after her.

Certainly better than I did with Gwen who at 0/1/1 ain't standing even an iota of a chance against a Miles that can kill her with just six red.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    lol, 0/3/1 lasted about as long as expected, I'll pass I think!

Good time for a reset I think. I managed at least half this time through, and even the last few new characters have been fine. My goal for the next run through is a clean sweep, I've got pretty good coverage on most 4*s in the last few months so it should be doable (except for my 3/3/0 Starlord and maybe 4/4/2 falc)
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Tried it with my level 94 1/4/4 Gwen. Went well at first, then he Went invisible and KOed me with a single Venom Blast. icon_e_sad.gif Fortunately I have ISO to level her up and try again...
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    My icon_spidergwen.png is 4/2/1 - tried a few times at various levels before finally succeeding with her at level 120. Used +100% match damage, +50% red/yellow damage and +2 purple/blue AP. Deny red at all costs. Managed to save enough purple to keep him stunned and saved up enough red AP to use it twice.

Finally got another 5* from the legendary, yellowflag.pngicon_greengoblin.png to take him to 1/1/1 icon_e_biggrin.gif

Only failed three battles this time around, Flaptain/Chulk/Venom. Flaptain at least should be able to win next time around.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine is level 95, 3/3/2, tried twice, failed twice. I could have levelled her to 168, but I have a Prof X cover expiring imminently and for nearly 2 weeks I've been concentrating on maxing and championing him before it's too late.

Match damage and Venom Blast (6 red, 6 red! half as many as the default for Cherry Bomb) are too much for her paltry 5048 health. And a heal that doesn't heal is useless in this situation.

Wolveroach's level 94 1/1/2 will not be troubling this event.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I did it with my 1/5/2 level 105 spidergwen! Boosted +2 red/yellow AP.

Trick is to keep on collecting red. This is top priority. Get enough purple to stun him if there are dangerous red matches. Absolutely let him collect yellow; if he casts yellow he will throw enough webs to make your red very, very cheap. I collected enough red to punch him twice after he flooded the board with webs via his yellow; I think it was 7 AP followed by 8 AP.

If your red isn't too high ranked, you probably need a third punch, but this is definitely doable.

Saving tokens for next season.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 0/5/1 took three tries and some ISO to bump her up to 125, but eventually I was able to get two Cherry Bombs in and take down Miles the turn before he would've killed me with Venom Blast. The key wasn't getting enough AP for her kill-shot (Letting Miles fire Power & Responsibility helps a lot with that) but his Hide & Seek tile finally landing somewhere I could match it away.

With this cycle concluded, I'm proud to say the only Clash I couldn't clear was Mr. Fantastic's.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,263 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1/4/1 level 135, beat it on my first try, got somewhat lucky even if he did manage to go invisible, thankfully I was able to match his tile and unload 3 cherry bombs right after icon_lol.gif

Tips: Deny red the most, deny purple 2nd, definitively let him gather yellow so that he creates a bunch of web tiles for you, there's not a huge downside to him casting it.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Miles powers are broken. He can use Surprise while not invisible. It's cost me two wins.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tried this a few times with a 2/1/1 L90 Gwen. At that low level, just 6 red for Miles means game over.

I don't think it's impossible, as I got him under 5000 twice, but it would just take a lot of good luck to keep him from eventually reaching 6 red, especially since he also gets AP via web tiles.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Atlas Axe wrote:
    Miles powers are broken. He can use Surprise while not invisible. It's cost me two wins.

That's not broken, it's the power behaving as written. Using Hide & Seek replaces the power with Surprise, and using Surprise -- not removing the invisibility tile through other means -- switches it back to Hide & Seek. It's been that way since he was released.