Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Invisible Woman

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
I've won with her fully covered at lvl 94 before, so no change needed.

Previous Runs

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This one was a little tougher for my level 170 3/5/5, Supersonic went off once and damaged my Invisible Invisible Woman. I knew that change had been made, but it still made me sad. I ended up winning (vanilla first run, no boosts) with 65 health left.

And got Mr Fantastic black from the token. Boo, hiss.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Won this fairly easily with her at 2/5/4, level 142. 3 for 3 on Sue now icon_e_smile.gif

Got her green as the legendary token, so now she's 2/5/5. Weird in that this is the 2nd time in a row that the token was for the character in clash of the Titans that day. Last time Fury gave me my 8th purple icon_e_sad.gif Really hope this is just a bad coincidence.

Wondering when XFW will be up again?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vinnygecko wrote:
    Wondering when XFW will be up again?
    Hi-Fi said Wolverine would be in the DDQ this month, so he may be up next. I guess we'll see tomorrow.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 135 5/3/3 IW here.

The board wasn't too unfavourable, I was able to get an invisibility tile out not too far into the match and it wasn't until late in the match that it was matched away. By then I had like 25 yellow AP so it wasn't a problem. Managed to keep QS from getting off any supersonics whatsoever, both by matching teamups to keep the locked tile count low, but I also had to lock some blue tiles into force bubbles at one point in the match after a cascade matched a few blues.

Pulled an XFW yellow bringing it to 2/5/2.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow....a lot tougher this time around as last time I was able to beat him with a level 94 IW 2/1/1 with boosts of course on the second or third try.

This time around it took me seven tries to beat him and I spent through a ton of my boosts with a level 111 IW 2/2/1. Lots of bad boards and the new changes to QS actually turn this from one of the easiest fights to a hard one. The boost combo I used when beating him was +2AP to all, +60% match damage to all colors and 6 critical damage boosts.

Received a Yellow Nova cover for reward.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was told in the Sneak Peek thread that my 1/3/1 lvl 104 was enough and not to waste Iso (5k) to bring her to 115. But after 2 tries i think i will level her up, QS is destroying me and the board sucks, no yellow.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Won on my second try at L90, 2/2/5. I would have leveled her if necessary, but wanted to see if I could do it at that low level.

Used +2 R/Y and +2 all to go invisible as fast as possible, then tucked the tile into a lower corner to keep it out of harm's way. Removed locked TU tiles as a priority to prevent Detonate from going off, then stocked up on B/G/Y until I could fire all three at once, which hit for about 4k.

Reward was greenflag.pngicon_carnage.png now 2/4/3.
  • jgomes32
    Options
    10 tries, 1/3/1, lvl 115. Not possible.... Just wasted all my health packs and Iso. Big mistake.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jgomes32 wrote:
    10 tries, 1/3/1, lvl 115. Not possible.... Just wasted all my health packs and Iso. Big mistake.
    The matchup is "winnable" with (only) one yellow cover, but (obviously) very difficult. If you haven't I'd boost R/Y and All (to get your closer to Invisibility) and then hope for a friendly (non-blue) board.
  • jgomes32
    Options
    dswan3rd wrote:
    jgomes32 wrote:
    The matchup is "winnable" with (only) one yellow cover, but (obviously) very difficult. If you haven't I'd boost R/Y and All (to get your closer to Invisibility) and then hope for a friendly (non-blue) board.

The strategy is fine, the problem is where my invisible tile is put vs his locked titles. And the few times when i had no yellow tiles on the board and he beat me with one supersonic thanks to blue everywhere and insane cascades. I'm even running out of boosts.

When i finally got her yellow cover earlier in the week i was so happy lol.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First attempt, I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory when I locked some tiles for some reason but which led to me not being able to make anything but a blue match with enough locked TUs to go off in my face (which was the third time it happened in that game). icon_redface.gif

Second time with 5/3/3 115 (+2 all, +125% critical damage, +50% TU damage) was a lot easier, I don't think he got any Supersonics off at all.

Rewarded with a black GR.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It took me four or five tries with my unleveled 2/2/4 Invisible Woman, but I finally won. I would have done it sooner, but I swear that the game was giving me the worst boards possible; the problem wasn't getting enough Yellow to turn invisible, it was the fact that Blue tiles kept falling like candy and I was starving for Green every single match - plus whenever a Green match did become possible, Quicksilver would gobble it up even if he had a better color option on the board. I though that one dev said the AI picks its matches based on damage, but it evidently doesn't.

Anyway, this is the first time I've ever won one of these nodes, and probably will be for the rest of all time (or at least until there's another easily exploitable one like this). The game was actually generous to me for once and gave me the only color I was missing for X-23 from the token, too.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    took much longer than expected with a 3/3/5 lvl 115 susan thanks in large part to blue heavy (and green starved) boards...got a icon_quake.pngblackflag.png with the token to add her to the roster
  • knifedge
    knifedge Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was able to complete this with IW 1/1/1. +2 all colors, +2 red/yellow, +100% damage all colors. Success on my second try. Collect yellow for your invisibility tile, then defend it at all costs. Match any locked tiles, prevent blue matches, collect yellow and green. If he gets two locked tiles you can't get rid of, then grab your 7 blue, place your bubbles next to locked tiles, and pop them with green. Since you're under 4k health, and he starts just under 14k health, this is a patience puzzle.

Yes, his blue power will hit you when you are invisible. I found that out on my first round (loss). Also, don't accidentally cast green before blue, so be careful.

I got a Spider-Gwen red.
  • jgomes32
    Options
    Finally got it with 1h left and after a going through all my boosts and using 10k in Iso (level up and boosts). My reward? A Red Thor....
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    4/3/5 lvl 120 - won first attempt, first time I've won with IW after a bit of a cover influx over the last couple of months

2/2 so far
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/5/5 level 111. 2 tries. +2 yellow red, +2 black green, 5X all damage boost. first try there was no yellow to be had and could not keep him off green and black. second time was pretty smooth. close call with blue, but managed.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Won on my first attempt. 3/5/5 lvl 94. No boosts. Ridiculously easy since the moron kept matching away his locked tiles.

Got a red Gwen, which would've come in handy a few Crashes ago. icon_evil.gif
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    This one was a little harder mechanically due to the Quicksilver buff but the nerf to 3* made it an overall wash.

Still had to level IW to 160 to make things easy enough for me to handle.