Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Nova

jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
I won last time with a 2/2/1. This time around, he's 3/4/1. I've got another yellow coming up tomorrow from the Shield Resupply. Woot!

Previous Runs

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    The last time my 2/2/0 (level 111) Nova had no chance to win. Now he's 4/2/0 (level 147) so I hope that I'll get through this time.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    In this Crash, the most important cover to have is red. Black can help speed up the match for you, but yellow is probably not going to be of much use at all.

For reference, I won last time with 2/1/1 at 94, and the lowest I've seen is 2/1/0 at 90.
  • bonham2
    bonham2 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Lol, I guess my lvl 70 1-0-0 doesn't stand much of a chance.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bonham2 wrote:
    Lol, I guess my lvl 70 1-0-0 doesn't stand much of a chance.
    If you can collect lots of red... Maybe. If you can get a Rocket Man chain going there's not much defense against that...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach's level 150 5/4/4 won first time, no problems. Once I got FalCap airborne it was just a case of getting enough red to keep him there. I got a Miles yellow from the token, which was nice.

Wolveroach's level 140 4/4/0, first time vanilla, died. Having no black means I need another 6 red to kick-start Rocket Man. Let's boost red/yellow, all AP. Attempt 2, dead. Let's try avoiding Wings of Liberty this time. And keep that single strike tile nice and safe. Attempt 3, victory. And a Quake green from the token, which was also nice.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champion Nova, no problem. One black, one yellow, one red... yeah, he'll be knocked out when he lands.
    Got icon_hulkcho.pngblueflag.png from the token, so that put a damper on my joy. But I already got icon_miles.pngyellowflag.png and icon_peggycarter.pngredflag.png from Heroic tokens today and will be getting Another legendary token when the Daily resupply hits, so I can't complain about one dud pull.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Black Duke wrote:
    The last time my 2/2/0 (level 111) Nova had no chance to win. Now he's 4/2/0 (level 147) so I hope that I'll get through this time.
    And I made it! I`ve needed four attempts (three starting boards in a row without any red) using +2r/y, +50%r/y, +100% all-boosts to get through.

RNGesus gave me icon_antman.pngyellowflag.png as reward which puts him to 3/5/4. Not bad at all!
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    2nd try with my 2/2/4, level 127. Ended the last 4 turns at 79 life, but was able to air juggle for the win.

Prize was a Blue Thoress, bringing her to 2/3/2.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Won on second try with my 2/2/1 Nova @111lvl.
    First try was without boosts. Second with +2all, +2black/green, +60% damage (all colors).

One of easiest 4* DDQ's.

Priority of matching colors: yellow, red, black, blue

General strategy: make a strike tile, send airborne when you can (or when AI have good matches), double cast black for bigger damage.
  • Just won second time through with 1/2/1 and NO boosts. Very surprised. Bee line for yellow and red and throw him airborne when there's any risk of him making a yellow or red match himself.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Won on my second attempt with a lvl 116 1/2/4 using r/y and g/b match % boost and +2 r/y ap. Denied red and yellow but he still got off his yellow. Luckily there were only 4 or 5 on the board at the time. Pulled icon_hulkcho.pnggreenflag.png
  • joaoleal
    joaoleal Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Did it with my 1/1/2 lvl94 Nova. Took about 4 or 5 tries.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    won on 1st try 3/3/5 lvl 130 no boots got a token_legendary.pngicon_hulk.pngblackflag.png
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Last time I couldn't get close with a 1/1/1 Nova. Since then, I've added about 180 4* covers to my roster ... and zero Novas. So I get to sit this one out. icon_e_smile.gif

Which, oddly, doesn't bother me, as RNG has instead overloaded me with enough Spider-Gwens, Quakes, and Punishers that I should cruise through the next three Crashes.

Just, please, don't make Nova the 4* reward in the upcoming PVE. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • bonham2
    bonham2 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    As I thought, my 1-0-0 lvl 70 Nova didn't stand a chance. I boosted as much as possible but I couldn't even get him to 50% health.
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Couldn't do it with boosted 1/1/1. Once the protect tiles are out, you're done at that level, even with a bit of health left.

It would help if Cap didn't keep cascading into yellows and blues.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Second try with 4/4/1 @ 94, boosted +2 r/y, +2 all, +100% critical (lol). Denied red first, then yellow, though Cap managed to get his yellow off anyway. I needed a few turns to clear them all, but clear them all I did. Most of the time I tried to maintain an air juggle, though towards the end, when my own health was getting low, I was out of red, and in desperation fired a black again to get more strikes out; but! I miscounted how many were out already, and Nova crashed into Cap and ACCIDENTALLY KILLED HIM. icon_e_surprised.gif

(I guess I still don't know how to use Nova.)

Got a black Natasha. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • AceJordin
    AceJordin Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Beat him with 2/0/1 lvl 90, +2 Bl/Gr, +50% R/Y, +100% All Damage.

Got lucky mid match on my 4th/5th try with three match fives in a row. Then I was able to keep him from Yellow and Red long enough with a couple Rocket Mans and managed to take him down.

Got a purpleflag.pngicon_elektra.png Yay.
  • Haxis
    Haxis Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I got it with 94 nova 2 redflag.png 1 yellowflag.png used the +2 y/r, 100% all, 50% r/y yellowflag.png took me about 5 times before the game stopped feeding yellows to flappycap.
    rewarded with a purpleflag.pngicon_blackwidow.pngtoken_legendary.png huzzah
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Completed with a 2/0/1 level 90, with +2 greentile.pngblacktile.png AP , +50% R/Y damage, and +50% G/B damage.

I'm impressed that someone has done it with a 2/1/0, because my black doing 2138 damage and being just a six AP source of strike tiles, were both essential to winning. (for me, at least)