PVE: The Gauntlet (2016-09-11 to 2016-09-18)

Options
rainkingucd
rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
Note: Update to Mission Rewards in The Gauntlet

Will update the essentials by branch if anyone has that info.
The Gauntlet
Length of Event: Varies
Unique Reward(s): High ISO Reward (last node of each map)
Other Notes:
  • There are 3 maps in the event. Beating the last non-essential node on each map opens up the next map.
  • There are only individual progression rewards; no placement awards (individual or alliance).
  • **Update: One run of the event implemented individual placement awards for fastest completion time in addition to the progression awards. The top 10 players in brackets of 10000 got an event token 10-pack; the rest of the bracket received a Standard token. There were no alliance placement awards.
  • Points are awarded once per node. Nodes are repeatable but only to collect the additional ISO/token/boost awards.
  • Points are fixed; there is no rubberbanding in this event. Scaling is set at the start of the event based on your roster strength. Some individual scaling does still seem to exist as enemy levels have increased during the event for some players.
Link to mags1587 PVE Format Guide

Powered Up
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_antman.png (Essential - Global Domination Branch 2 Final Node)
SpiderWoman_icon.PNG
icon_cyclops.png
icon_starlord.png
icon_venom.png
icon_katebishop.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_magneto.png (Essential - Wilderness Survival Branch 1, Wilderness Survival Branch 2, Alpine Tactics Branch 2, Global Domination Branch 2 1st & 2nd nodes)
icon_hulk.png
icon_kamalakhan.png
icon_bullseye.png
icon_blackpanther.png Global Domination Branch 1
icon_falcon.png

NOT POWERED UP star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_thor.png (Essential - Alpine Tactics Branch 1)

star.pngstar.png
icon_daken.png
icon_thor.png
icon_humantorch.png

star.png
icon_spiderman.png
icon_hawkeye.png

Stage 1 - Wilderness Survival
Progression awards:
35: 100 iso8big.png
123: healthpackbig.png
235: token_standard.png
371: rainbow AP stockpile
597: 100 iso8big.png
796: rainbow damage boost
968: 200 iso8big.png
1164: token_standard.png
1423: star.pngstar.pngicon_moonstone.pngpurpleflag.png
1858: token_event.png

Stage 2 - Alpine Tactics
Progression awards:
119: 250 iso8big.png
375: token_standard.png
655: 250 iso8big.png
959: star.pngstar.pngicon_humantorch.pnggreenflag.png
1353: 500 iso8big.png
1720: token_event.png
2060: 500 iso8big.png
2424: 50 heropointsbig.png
2851: 500 iso8big.png
3538: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blackpanther.pngblueflag.png

Stage 3 - Global Domination
Progression awards:
203: 100 iso8big.png
627: star.pngstar.pngicon_bullseye.pngpurpleflag.png
1075: 250 iso8big.png
1547: token_event.png
2109: 1000 iso8big.png
2644: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngyellowflag.png
3152: 1000 iso8big.png
3684: 50 heropointsbig.png
4279: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png
5218: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_venom.pngyellowflag.png

Previous runs

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jump between sub11/12 again, probably goes up about two levels from then on.

Roster: 450 Phoenix/392 Cyc/297 HB (top three)
    Sub 11: 207/208/208
    Sub 12: 323/323/323
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wilderness Survival essentials require 3* Magneto.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Jump between sub11/12 again, probably goes up about two levels from then on.

Roster: 450 Phoenix/392 Cyc/297 HB (top three)
    Sub 11: 207/208/208
    Sub 12: 323/323/323

Scaling is weird.
    Roster: 379 Ant-Man/286 CMags/278 4hor
    Sub 11: 221/222/222
    Sub 12: 241/241/241
  • Zisola60
    Zisola60 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I completely finished the wilderness but alpine doesn't unlock. Has anybody else this problem?
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    edited September 2016
    Options
    sub 2 i just hit the first essential spine and the first node requires 3thor, and hes not buffed.

anybody with eyes on the rest please post the details. this is just plain weird.

edit:
    sub 2 essential spine 1 is 3thor unbuffed all three nodes. essential spine 2 is 3mags all three nodes.

i just wish they would stop taking switch from me. at least three nodes in sub two have switch on the enemy team.

edit:
    sub 3 essential spine 1 black panther buffed all three. essential spine 2 3mags, 3mags and antman. antman is essential in one node across the 3 subs??

final node is black bolt, peggy and of course 4pool.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Zisola60 wrote:
    I completely finished the wilderness but alpine doesn't unlock. Has anybody else this problem?

I was having the same issue after I completed the last node after work. After reloading the game it was still locked, but after double checking my phone before posting a message it suddenly became available. I'm guessing it's just down to time between both sides of the network connecting with each others information.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why is LThor the required for literally just one spine? That's kinda dumb to me :/
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Facing 304/305/304 teen jean, hulkbuster, Lthor. Needs some team combos as winfinte is a no go, can't use IM40.

Have all three stars champed, no viable 5's.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    Why is LThor the required for literally just one spine? That's kinda dumb to me :/

An unboosted LThor at that too, they should scale the event so that sub 1 of the gauntlet is effectively the trivial nodes and thus a 2* essential would work on those nodes, it is not like you get anything of note for finishing it so why should it be scaled so harshly.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The scaling in Global Domination is crazy. Lv 245 JG and IMHB for me. Got my **** handed to me everytime I throw boosted 3* champs at them. Synergy, combos and match damage decimated my team. It seems to me that the devs don't want me to progress in the third leg at all.

On the other hand, this gauntlet seems like what PVP is meant to be. As a player with 3* roster, I'm meant to stay in my bracket: Going against other 3* players for 3* rewards. If only PVP could be structured like the Gauntlets. Crossing fingers for the SCL update.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just beat Sim 42, there are still all the side tracks to go before I finish the whole thing.

I have a 3* roster (almost all championed), no usable 4*s or 5*s. Here are my go-to teams for those who could use the suggestion:

Team A - Kamala (boosted) + IM40 + Lazy Cap
    Team B - C. Magneto (boosted) + Loki + Storm (soft winfinite)
    Team C - Patch + Hulk (boosted) + filler (Hulkbomb strategy)
    Team D - Falcon (boosted) + IF + Luke Cage
    Team E - Switch + Deadpool + filler (last resort whales)

Every node was beatable with one of the first four, I haven't used whales so far. The final node with BB + Peggy + XFDP was the hardest, I tried teams A and C and failed before beating it with team B. 80% of the work was done with team A.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DTStump wrote:
    I just beat Sim 42, there are still all the side tracks to go before I finish the whole thing.

I have a 3* roster (almost all championed), no usable 4*s or 5*s. Here are my go-to teams for those who could use the suggestion:

Every node was beatable with one of the first four, I haven't used whales so far. The final node with BB + Peggy + XFDP was the hardest, I tried teams A and C and failed before beating it with team B. 80% of the work was done with team A.

For comparison, can I ask what level your Lthor/Rulk/3clops node in Wilderness Survival was? That's the next one for me to beat, and my max level Ant-Man being close to 100 levels over my boosted Magneto is wreaking havoc on my scaling.
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is it still the case that doing the essentials first will raise the levels on the later nodes? I haven't been seeing the new scale up screen on wins, so I'm wondering if it's still using the old PVE scaling system or not.
  • thanos8587
    Options
    biryon wrote:
    Is it still the case that doing the essentials first will raise the levels on the later nodes? I haven't been seeing the new scale up screen on wins, so I'm wondering if it's still using the old PVE scaling system or not.

it appears not to be the case. each node along the main spine went up usually 3 levels per fight from the initial level (for subs 2 and 3). the essentials a bit lower then going up 3 levels per.

and no node changed in difficulty either before or after completion. it appears everything had a fixed difficulty level determined upon entry.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    DTStump wrote:

For comparison, can I ask what level your Lthor/Rulk/3clops node in Wilderness Survival was? That's the next one for me to beat, and my max level Ant-Man being close to 100 levels over my boosted Magneto is wreaking havoc on my scaling.

Sure (it's in Alpine Tactics, by the way). Checking now, the levels are 232/233/233. I'm not sure if those values are the same as the original ones or if they increased due to the fact that I've beaten the rest of the main path nodes.

For the sake of completeness, here are the levels of my 8 highest-level characters in this event:

273 (3* Magneto)
    267 (3* Hulk)
    255 (3* Bullseye)
    255 (5* Iron Man - 1 cover only)
    254 (Kamala)
    252 (Black Panther)
    251 (3* Falcon)
    202 (2* Thor)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have played through the entire Gauntlet and am now going back getting green checkmarks on every single mission, starting with the most difficult ones.
    The levels have not increased one bit on my nodes. What you see is what you get.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I have played through the entire Gauntlet and am now going back getting green checkmarks on every single mission, starting with the most difficult ones.
    The levels have not increased one bit on my nodes. What you see is what you get.

Green checkmarks? I will have enough of Gauntlet just playing through this once....

Any tips on final node (Black Bolt, Peggy, XF Deadpool)?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Kjempen wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Green checkmarks? I will have enough of Gauntlet just playing through this once....

I focused on Peggy first to stop her from increasing my AP cost. Match damage only though. icon_e_sad.gif I tried to match away BB's charged tiles as often as possible. Once Peggy was damaged enough to deactivate her passive I unleashed the Fury.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Kjempen wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I focused on Peggy first to stop her from increasing my AP cost. Match damage only though. icon_e_sad.gif I tried to match away BB's charged tiles as often as possible. Once Peggy was damaged enough to deactivate her passive I unleashed the Fury.

I got rid of BB first, he was starting to chip away at my chars with that passive of his, champed 4Cyke and Ant-Man helped matters obviously.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Kjempen wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I got rid of BB first, he was starting to chip away at my chars with that passive of his, champed 4Cyke and Ant-Man helped matters obviously.
    I used Venom and Antman with my maxed OML. With a big meat shield there the automatic damage wasn't a big problem. If that hadn't been an option I'd probably have tried some variety of a stunner.