PVE: Hearts of Darkness (2016-09-19 to 2016-09-22)

Options
rainkingucd
rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
Edit: with 7 dimensions (soon to be 10?) available for rewards, progression, spreadsheet seems the logical step. Hopefully this new format works. Feedback welcome, so any ideas to improve, let me know. (I already miss the character icons icon_e_sad.gif )

Placeholder for now. Working on a format that better suits the various clearance levels. Watch this space

Event Summary
Hearts of Darkness
Length of Event: 3 days
Sub-Events? Yes
Alliance Rewards in Sub-Events? Yes
Number of Sub-Events: 3 Length of Sub-Events: 24 hours
Main Bracket Size: 1000 Sub Bracket Size: 1000
Unique Reward(s): ?
Other Notes:
  • There are Main nodes to open up the sub-events. These nodes are one time only nodes.

Event Details
  • Sub 1
    • Three in the Hand (100)
      Shinobi, Shinobi, Shinobi
    • Unholy Alliance
      • Unpleasant Surprises (200)
        Don, The Hood, Shinobi
      • Tracking the Source (130)
        Thug, Muscle, Thug
      • Tempting Fate (160)
        The Hood, Koran, Koran
      • Full House (446)
        • Wave 1: Kishu, Kishu, Shinobi
        • Wave 2: Teisatsu, Konran, Teisatsu, Teisatsu, Konran
        • Wave 3: Shinobi, Shinobi, Shinobi
        • Wave 4: Kishu, Konran, Kishu
      • Run From the Rider (280)
        The Hood, Hitman, Hitman
      • Hand in Hand (560)
        • Wave 1: Shinobi, Muscle, Shinobi, Hitman
        • Wave 2: Don, Thug, Kishu, Thug, Thug
      • Target-Rich Environment (370)
        The Hood, Konran, Don
      • Essential: Legendary (400)
        Kishu, Kishu, Muscle
      • Essential: Rare (476)
        • Wave 1: Don, Teisatsu, Teisatsu
        • Wave 2: Muscle, Don, Muscle
      • Essential: Uncommon (340)
        Teisatsu, Konran, Thug
  • Sub 2
    • Interrogation (100)
      Thug, Muscle, Hitman
    • Dark Design
      • Mountfort, IL (300)
        Shinobi, Teisatsu, Shinobi
      • H.A.M.M.E.R. Patrol (150)
        Soldier, Lieutenant, Soldier
      • Worst of Both Worlds (240)
        Pyro, Thug, Konran
      • Ninjas and Hired Guns (786)
        • Wave 1: Sniper, Pyro, Grenadier
        • Wave 2: Teisatsu, Kishu, Teisatsu
        • Wave 3: Soldier, Shinobi, Kishu, Shinobi, Commander
        • Wave 4: Muscle, Don, Thug
      • Spies and Swords (465)
        Lietenant, Spy, Kishu
      • Lost Souls (555)
        The Hood, Kishu, Hitman
      • The Unimaginable Power (1275)
        • Wave 1: The Hood, Shinobi, Grenadier
        • Wave 2: Soldier, Soldier, Assasin, Kishu, Shinobi, Thug, Hitman
        • Wave 3: THe Hood, Muscle, Don
      • Essential: Legendary (600)
        Muscle, Konran, Muscle
      • Essential: Rare (1428)
        • Wave 1: Don, Teisatsu, Teisatsu
        • Wave 2: Konran, Soldier, Soldier
        • Wave 3: Grenadier, Pyro, Lieutenant
        • Wave 4: Hitman, Assasin, Spy
      • Essential: Uncommon (510)
        Shinobi, Commander, Soldier
  • Sub 3
    • Move or We Move You (100)
      Shinobi, Konran, Muscle
    • Spirits of Vengenace
      • Ghosts of the Past (557)
        Commander, Sniper, Pyro
      • The Devil's Due (449)
        Bullseye, Kingpin, Elektra
      • Keep Moving (277)
        Soldier, Analyst, Analyst
      • Family Business (864)
        • Wave 1: Daken (Dark Avengers) Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men), Beast (Classic)
        • Wave 2: Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!), Colossus (Classic), Psylocke (Classic)
        • Wave 3: Magneto (Classic), Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Storm (Classic)
      • The Hand's True Power (1010)
        Kishu, Shinobi, Konran
      • Back to the Beginning (847)
        Hitman, Don, Hitman
      • The Rider Awakens (1450)
        • Wave 1: Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze), Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius), Daken (Classic)
        • Wave 2: Sentry (Dark Avengers), Loki (Dark Reign), Magneto (Classic)
        • Wave 3: Mystique (Raven Darkholme), Bullseye (Classic) , Ares (Dark Avengers)
      • Essential: Legendary (883)
        Cyclops (Classic), Professor X (Charles Xavier), Jean Grey (All-New X-Men)
      • Essential: Rare (1776)
        • Wave 1: Teisatsu, Thug, Soldier
        • Wave 2: Shinobi, Lieutenant, Hitman
        • Wave 3: Don, Pyro, Konran
      • Essential: Uncommon (680)
        Venom (Dark Avengers), Ragnarok (Dark Avengers), Moonstone (Dark Avengers)

Powered Up
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_ironman.png (Essential)
SpiderWoman_icon.PNG (new)
wasp_icon.png
icon_mrfantastic.png
icon_thing.png
icon_jeangrey.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_lukecage.png (Essential)
icon_cyclops.png
icon_beast.png
icon_colossus_new.png
icon_mystique.png
icon_psylocke.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_blackwidow.png (Essential)
icon_bullseye.png
icon_daken.png

star.png
icon_venom.png
icon_ironman.png

Progression awards:
59kOdgs.png

Placement rewards:
ZRqHXuK.png

Sub-Event Placement Rewards

Sub-Event Alliance Rewards

Previous runs

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like that they've reinstated the 4* cover for top 10.

In Deadpool vs MPQ, level 7, 2 - 5 got 2 IMHB covers, 6 - 10 got 3 Luke Cage.

In this one, again level 7, 6 - 10 get 3 Squirrel Girl plus Mr Fantastic yellow. The text for 2 - 5 is interesting, it reads as if you get an addition blue and yellow cover, for a total of 1 blue and 2 yellow. I suspect that's a mistake and a copy-and-paste error from the previous event.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm just happy to get a guaranteed Hulkbuster cover thats not black

I wish I could get black! All I ever get is red! icon_e_sad.gif
  • rainkingucd
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I like that they've reinstated the 4* cover for top 10.

In Deadpool vs MPQ, level 7, 2 - 5 got 2 IMHB covers, 6 - 10 got 3 Luke Cage.

In this one, again level 7, 6 - 10 get 3 Squirrel Girl plus Mr Fantastic yellow. The text for 2 - 5 is interesting, it reads as if you get an addition blue and yellow cover, for a total of 1 blue and 2 yellow. I suspect that's a mistake and a copy-and-paste error from the previous event.

I noticed that as well across levels. I think you're right, probably a typo.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It`s so much fun playing a championed & boosted Jeanbuster. I didn`t have to use a single health pack for the usual four clearings! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Options
    Does it look like max progression can be hit with just 4 clears?

I know it didn't work that way with Deadpool v. MPQ because they were both 2 days subs.
  • rainkingucd
    Options
    disappointed that top 100 no longer receive a 3*. I usually sit in the 50-100 range, so I guess I'll farm more 2*?
  • PUM_SPAK
    PUM_SPAK Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My IMHB is 5/3/3, so I would just be selling the red cover. Should "play down" in Level 6?

Comparing Levels 6 and 7, and assuming I would sell the IMHB for 1000, the difference is
    6: Standard Token, Elite Token
    7: 1850 ISO

Looks like I will stick with 7. As I understand it, Elite Tokens are a 3* at best, no reason to sandbag.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The essentials in Unholy Alliance are not 370 for both 2 and 4*s. I cleared them before noting the values. Anyone know?
  • rainkingucd
    Options
    deadtaco wrote:
    The essentials in Unholy Alliance are not 370 for both 2 and 4*s. I cleared them before noting the values. Anyone know?

Good catch. Old points from before the adjustment 2 & 4 star.png essential nodes. Updated in the OP for sub 1, will update as sub 2 and 3 open up.
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    It`s so much fun playing a championed & boosted Jeanbuster. I didn`t have to use a single health pack for the usual four clearings! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    What teaming are you using? My oml/fist is just giving me a bunch of caltrops to eat!
  • Black Duke
    Options
    rowdster wrote:
    Black Duke wrote:
    What teaming are you using? My oml/fist is just giving me a bunch of caltrops to eat!
    I`m running Hulkbuster, Jean Grey and Scarlet Witch. SWs "Arcane Incantation" gives you a bunch of purple AP for JGs "Mind Over Matter" which will instantly kill the most of your enemies. HBs "Repulsor Punch" will down the rest (he deals 1.4k damage for each red AP, just crazy!).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    In DP vs MPQ I used Mr Fantastic to round out the team of Jean Grey and OML, but I have to agree Hulkbuster is a lot more fun! I really ought to respec him to 5/3/5 though since I am unlikely to use Overdrive...
    djpt05 wrote:

I know it didn't work that way with Deadpool v. MPQ because they were both 2 days subs.
    Starting all the timers in sub 1 was good for around 10000 Points. I guess it depends on how much Points go up in later nodes - if they increase by 50% between subs then just starting the timers will get you to final progression.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    I`m running Hulkbuster, Jean Grey and Scarlet Witch. SWs "Arcane Incantation" gives you a bunch of purple AP for JGs "Mind Over Matter" which will instantly kill the most of your enemies. HBs "Repulsor Punch" will down the rest (he deals 1.4k damage for each red AP, just crazy!).[/quote]

Crazy thing for me is that I am not even using my champed HB that much, champed Thing with IM40 as the battery just seems a fair bit quicker pairing to go with Jean.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Same - mine is 5/1/1 (and that's not including the progression reward!).
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So I have a question:
    What's up with scaling? Why is it even worse than last PvE?

Here's my top tem this event:
    20160920211647_1_zpsdqc5mzlt.jpg

And final scaling on hard node:
    20160920211633_1_zpsyhnjqbhs.jpg
  • Black Duke
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    Black Duke wrote:
    rowdster wrote:
    I`m running Hulkbuster, Jean Grey and Scarlet Witch. SWs "Arcane Incantation" gives you a bunch of purple AP for JGs "Mind Over Matter" which will instantly kill the most of your enemies. HBs "Repulsor Punch" will down the rest (he deals 1.4k damage for each red AP, just crazy!).

Crazy thing for me is that I am not even using my champed HB that much, champed Thing with IM40 as the battery just seems a fair bit quicker pairing to go with Jean.
    Since my Thing has only three cover (1/2/0) he`s no option for me. icon_e_sad.gif
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    djpt05 wrote:

Starting all the timers in sub 1 was good for around 10000 Points. I guess it depends on how much Points go up in later nodes - if they increase by 50% between subs then just starting the timers will get you to final progression.

Having made it through the first several clears of sub 2, 4 clears (2 on wave nodes) should get you progression. Because the first two subs are so heavy on all-goon nodes, if you can clear those more than four times, it should make the last sub much easier if you don't want to have to hit some of the more difficult ones there as much. I've been going to check marks on the wave nodes and trivials and not so much on the harder ones and it looks like I'll have all but the final two progression awards before Sub 3 starts. That should make the last day much easier....
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm still getting my head around the new scoring system because I'm only just jumping back into PVE with the CL changes. From reading this thread, it would seem that to hit max progression you should get every node to the countdown timer? Is that a fair assessment?

I'm generally just interested in the 4* cover progression so probably don't even need to do that, I guess?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes to both
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm still getting my head around the new scoring system because I'm only just jumping back into PVE with the CL changes. From reading this thread, it would seem that to hit max progression you should get every node to the countdown timer? Is that a fair assessment?

I'm generally just interested in the 4* cover progression so probably don't even need to do that, I guess?
    That is a fair assessment. For me starting the timers on sub 1 yielded 10,000 Points and in the second sub it gave 16,000 Points. Starting all the timers should let you reach final progression with ease.
    The devs announced that their ambition is that the final progression should require four clears to reach, that seems to be the case here.