5* DDQ: Thanos vs X-Men

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
Second day!

My lv140 5/3/3 Cyclops won first time, no boosts, by the skin of his teeth. I managed to accumulate 10 Team up AP and 20 Red AP, then used Combined Forces twice in a row to down Thanos

LT = icon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.png he's already at 4/4/5. D3, you have two weeks to buff him.

Comments

• Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    my lvl 185 patch won first time with 2 g/b and all boost + r/y damage boost, got a rulk green
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My L274 5/3/5 Cyke took him down first go, no boosts.

A icon_nickfury.pngblueflag.png for my troubles. Champ level
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I managed it on first attempt with my level 274 Jean Grey without using boosts. It was a really tough ride due to her expensive abilities! Thanos would have downed me at end if he hadn`t match away his green CD tile one turn before it could get off.

LT is stockpiled.
  • johnmcclane
    Options
    L186 Patch, no boosts. Waited till I got at least 9 green and 28 reds, than Green-Red-Red and bye bye.
    Got a not-so-good blackflag.pngSpiderWoman_icon.PNG

0/2 with 5* Thanos so far.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champed Cyclops, boom!
    A couple of blues and a red with 10 TU in the bank did the job nicely.
    13th Punisher cover from the token, so any I win from Galactus are destined for champ levels.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This was a piece of cake with my champed icon_wolverine.png Just waited green and red to fill and launched then first green & then red = Thanos downed over 10k damage dealed.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gauntlet-cyclops-2.jpg

Just kidding, my Champed 4* Cylcops breezed through him. Got a blue Iceman, another champ level.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Champed Cyclops won first try (as you'd expect). These Thanos crashes offering multiple characters are great!

Reward: purpleflag.pngicon_drax.png now 3/4/5.

(random aside, my Drax was 2/2/3 for his Crash three weeks ago, continuing my long-standing trend of swimming in covers for characters immediately AFTER their crashes)
  • AmoryPaz
    Options
    Third try :
    4/3/1 lvl 171 won with red / yellow boost...
    Just got a blacktile.png Thanos star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was torn between using Jean or 4-star Cyclops for this match. I went with Cyclops, and naturally the board was green and purple heavy. icon_cry.gif It took forever to get the 10 red, even with a Called Shot in there. Once I did get it, though, Thanos went down.

Pulled a yellowflag.pngicon_nickfury.png which is amazingly enough the one cover I needed for him. He's now 3/5/5, with 8 blue covers sold.
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    First try with my L177 Patch and won, ran with r/y boost, was going to collect reds for Best There Is but ran out of reds on the board. Decided to use Berserker Rage twice, a icon_jeangrey.png 4* greenflag.png TU and 1 green match damage to end Thanos' Life

got a icon_starlord.pngpurpleflag.png
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lv250 5/4/3 Cyclops easily blasted him into oblivion.
    Reward was icon_falcon.pngyellowflag.png , bringing him to 5/2/0. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thins went slowly until my level 193 Patch got enough red to fire. Whoops there goes 13k hp of Thanos, then one final match to end it.

Came away with a :thanos: greenflag.png for my "troubles."
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beating Thanos is a lot easier than Spider-Gwen against Miles.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    lvl 164 Cyclops at 5/3/3 won easily due to a relatively friendly board. Thanos didn't get to play a power.
    Really like this Crash style so far as well. Will draw the LT tonight.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was kind of stupid and forgot about Patch's red (and I also wanted to preserve Cyclops for Galactus), so I went with my champed Jean, with no boosts. I knew it was going to be kind of a slog because of how much her powers cost, and the game was indeed long before I could get the purple and green to do some damage. I was afraid of letting Thanos get his purple out (would MOM get rid of it?) , so I was denying that hard. When i did get green out, I had to match away most of the special tiles. But I kept matching purple and did him in that way, with about 3000 health left. Thanos also cascaded into a match-5, which helped out too.

Pulled a yellow XFW, another champ level.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mckauhu wrote:
    This was a piece of cake with my champed icon_wolverine.png Just waited green and red to fill and launched then first green & then red = Thanos downed over 10k damage dealed.

Thanks for the tip! I managed to beat him with my newly champed Patch.
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Went in with a lvl 129 3/5/5 icon_wolverine.png . Denied purpleflag.png and greenflag.png every chance I got, grabbed redflag.png when I could. By the time Thanos had enough AP to fire Infinite Power, I had enough for two Berserker Rages and one TBTI. Chip, chip, DOWN. Not too shabby. One question: can I hoard Purple Reign tokens, or must they be redeemed before the event ends?