Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Kate Bishop

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Kate is one of the first characters released after I went into casual mode. Surprisingly, I have 4 covers at 1/3/1. I don't usually predict opponents, but I think Daken is a good thematic and mechanic opponent. Thematically, they are both variants of existing characters. Kate is heroic variant of Hawkeye, while Daken is a villainous variant of Wolverine. They also share all 3 colors, and they both have self-harming skills that can be worked around. This would be a good chance to let Kate's heal block shine.

No previous runs.

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I assume that Kate`s opponent will share her colors so it has to be Daken, Dr. Doom or Mystique. But no matter who will challenge her, I think that my 4/2/5 (level 200) Kate is well prepared for her debut. icon_cool.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Probably going to sit this out with my 1/1/1 Kate, unless Loki is the opponent.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like the idea of Daken for an opponent, but he is a tad squishy, too.

I'm not terribly familiar with Kate in the comics, but a couple possibilities appear to also be Winter Soldier and possibly Doom if we're considering color overlap on top of theme.

The game has been raining Kate covers on me lately; I had one just expire recently while I was champing Rulk instead, and I just got gifted another cover of hers from the recent events (maybe Purple Reign tokens?), so she's 5/3/5 and on her way to champ status at 209. Pretty confident she can handle whoever it is.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kate's covers have been fairly sparse for me - she's 4/2/2 while Moon Knight who was released around the same time is already champed. Still, 8 covers should be enough to get the job done.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/3/3, Lv 126. Did it with stockpile all, stockpile g/b, stockpile b/p. Deny black, wait to fire everything at once to prevent healing.
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    1/1/5, lvl 156. One blue, one purple and he was toast.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    I assume that Kate`s opponent will share her colors so it has to be Daken, Dr. Doom or Mystique. But no matter who will challenge her, I think that my 4/2/5 (level 200) Kate is well prepared for her debut. icon_cool.gif
    I beat Old Man on 2nd attempt without boosts. On first attempt I had an unfavorable board which gave Logan the chance to collect 12 yellow AP before he used his black - game over for my Kate. The next try was much better: Even tough OML got me down to 4k health (due to match damage), I was able to gather so much AP that I fired my purple, black (2x), blue ability in a row - Logan didn't stand a chance.

LT yielded icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png which is another champion level for my X-Wolvie.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/2/2, took two tries. Got a Little overconfident first time, then he popped his claws. Second time I got plenty of black AP and held on to it until I could fire Looking for Trouble twice.
    Got Mr Fantastic from the token.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beat OML with my 1/1/3 Kate first try; + b/p, + all ap, +100% dam. A little surprised, but board had very little black. Got 2 purples off that lasted and a black to finish him. Hoarding tokens for lack of iso right now.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I beat OML 3rd try with level 100 4/2/5 Kate. I used 2 B/P, 100% damage on B/P, and 2 all color boosts. Name of the game is deny black, try to shoot off blue and purple moves A.S.A.P.

Thanos black from LT
  • joaoleal
    joaoleal Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    2/2/1 level 111, it took me about 8 tries, with damage and ap boosts.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beat it with 3/1/1 with boosts. Nowhere near as bad I was expecting actually. Would have lost but thankfully the timing on Looking for Trouble didn't countdown before Boomerangs.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/5/4 leveled to 120 was enough to get the job done. 1 attempt, boosted +2 purple/blue, +2 black/green, +40% all match damage (could've skipped that one)
    Blue, purple, then black to finish him off
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat OML with my 1/1/3 Kate first try; + b/p, + all ap, +100% dam. A little surprised, but board had very little black. Got 2 purples off that lasted and a black to finish him. Hoarding tokens for lack of iso right now.

I wasn't even going to try until I saw this. My 1/1/3 got him to 65 hit points, but that's the best I've done in six tries, so far. Definitely winnable...eventually...
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/2/0, LVL 127. Got him on the first try with +2 b/p, +50% b/p, +50% b/g. Denied black while prioritizing blue. Fired Ruthless Precision followed with back-to-back Looking For Troubles - lucked into a horizontal match-5 and finished him off before either countdown resolved.

Based on ISO levels I should have probably held off on the LT, but I'm the world's worst hoarder and pulled a blue icon_peggycarter.png bringing her to 3/0/2.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My 3/3/1 Lvl 70 4* Hawkeye got rolled by a quick cascade.

How did you fare? Thoughts on the match up?
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    0/1/4 lvl 131 got it done in 2. +2 b/p, +2 all ap. +100% match damage. Fired off purple, then black. Matched away the black countdown tile, then the purple countdown fired. Another looking for trouble finished him off. Did not expect to win it, as she is among my lowest covered 4s. But it was all for 1000 iso. Another yellow icon_mrfantastic.png who is at 2/5/3. Which is fine, I am sitting on covers I could champ. I just saw Thanos on the token button so I tried it
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was hoping Kate's opponent would be more inspired than 'the guy who heals' but here we are. My Kate is 2/5/3 and I default any Crash participant to level 120 if not already there. I was very lucky to fire off 'Because...Boomerangs' back to back with 'Looking for Trouble' so I was able to take out OML on my first try. Others in my alliance were able to do it with their Kate at varying cover spreads, as long as they had at least three in 'Looking for Trouble', they were able to win the fight.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    lv131 3/2/1 unboosted Kate took out OML on the 2nd try, with ~700 health to spare. Fired blueflag.png , then blackflag.png x2. It tightened up at the end, fired purpleflag.png and downed him before it resolved, otherwise I wouldn't have made it.
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Level your Kate bishop up more, at level 70 I don't think there is any 4* that can do their crash at that low level except maybe prof X that can go invisible.

I did it with a 1/1/3 lvl 115 Kate on my first try, was really close but definitely doable.