How about Anti-Venom?

Options
GundamY
GundamY Posts: 182
edited July 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
As a response to @20three's proposal on Classic Eddie Brock/Venom, I would like to propose a counterpart like Anti-Venom!

Instead of a hyper aggressive character, Anti-Venom is more of a Tank/Cleric for his team to reflect Eddie Brock's born again Christianity beliefs. So here is my thoughts on what it would look like in the MPQ game:

Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock) star.pngstar.pngstar.png

BlOSeZMCQAArJlU.png

redflag.pngBlood Clotting System: Anti-Venom's symbiote repairs cellular damage its host suffers from enemy attacks. Recover health points based on the number of web.png (Web Tiles) on the board. (Passive) Anti-Venom is immune to bleeding.

Max Level: (Passive) Every time Anti-Venom takes an enemy's attack, generate 3 web.png (Web Tiles) randomly. Anti-Venom's teammates are also immune to bleeding.

blueflag.pngContamination Cleansing: Diseases and viruses won't stand a chance so long as Brock possesses the power to wipe them clean. With the remnant symbiote bonding to Brock's white blood cells, the enemy target will weaken under Anti-Venom's vaccination tendrils. Drain enemy's strongest AP and convert them into web.png (Web Tiles) based on half of the number of AP drained (roundup to nearest even number [e.g 3 -> 4])

Max Level: Destroy all of the enemy's strongest AP color tile on the board and convert half of the destroyed tiles into Web Tiles. (Roundup to nearest even number [e.g 3 -> 4]). Enemy team stuns for 1 turn.

greenflag.pngAntibodies Defense: Anti-Venom prepares to counteract the enemy's offense by strengthening his immune system. Make a match with at least 3 web.png (Web Tiles) to recover his entire team by 750 health points. (Passive) Treat protect.png (Shield Tiles) as web.png (Web Tiles) for bonus health of 50 each.

Max Level: When using Web Tiles to make a match with a Critical Tile, enemy team takes AoE damage based on the same amount of health teammates recovered.

Would you look at that? MPQ has one hell of a paladin! And that paladin will forever be known as Anti-Venom! (R.I.P. Anti-Venom symbiote since Spider-Island Arc).

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You need a way to consume Web tiles, or people would start running kill-button strategies with 1* Venom.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    You need a way to consume Web tiles, or people would start running kill-button strategies with 1* Venom.

Yeah, no kidding... imagine Spidey with Venom and Anti-Venom? Lots of one-shot nukes involved there.

Modify both passives to reduce user's own Black AP each time the passive is activated and change the Blue to empty the user's Black AP pool and you may be on to something. Of course, you have massive stun-lock potential with this many web-tiles on the board....
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He would have to play like a 3* or even 4* version of Venom, so when he is being used, you cannot select Venom to use with him, OR a venom team up, this will prevent Devor exploits.

redflag.png We have never had a counter to Torch's green, and with Antman in the game now with his yellow, this could be a nifty trick.. would it work on Blades black as well?

blueflag.png a little surgical strike.. i would just make it damage per web tile, destroying the tiles and reducing the enemy AP by each tile destroyed?

greenflag.png i like the match 5 portion of this, little nuke and an extra turn. Hoping that 750 heal is at max covers, as it sits, for a passive, that is more than KK, and all the other heals require decent AP. I would lose the shield portion of it though, too much on a single ability, and 50hp is not usually enough for someone to sacrifice shields for!

Not bad though, great support char. The forum would explode if we finally get a 3* or 4* venom and he was only support like 3* spidey though. I do like the moveset.
  • GundamY
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    He would have to play like a 3* or even 4* version of Venom, so when he is being used, you cannot select Venom to use with him, OR a venom team up, this will prevent Devor exploits.

redflag.png We have never had a counter to Torch's green, and with Antman in the game now with his yellow, this could be a nifty trick.. would it work on Blades black as well?

blueflag.png a little surgical strike.. i would just make it damage per web tile, destroying the tiles and reducing the enemy AP by each tile destroyed?

greenflag.png i like the match 5 portion of this, little nuke and an extra turn. Hoping that 750 heal is at max covers, as it sits, for a passive, that is more than KK, and all the other heals require decent AP. I would lose the shield portion of it though, too much on a single ability, and 50hp is not usually enough for someone to sacrifice shields for!

Not bad though, great support char. The forum would explode if we finally get a 3* or 4* venom and he was only support like 3* spidey though. I do like the moveset.

Thanks Malcrof! I can always count on you when it comes to balancing movesets! So to answer your questions about Anti-Venom's redflag.png ability "Blood Clotting System", yes, the passive allows Anti-Venom (and his teammates if max level) to prevent bleeding from Deadpool, Gorgon, and Blade's attacks. I was gonna call it "Platelet Protection", but Anti-Venom is technically made from white blood cells instead of red icon_razz.gif

I'll admit, the Web Tiles right now are nigh useless without my Anti-Venom's blueflag.png, but if we want to prevent it for being too OP, I can just use the previous suggestions to drain the user's black AP to prevent 1* Venom's "Devour" spamming. It's got X-Force Wolverine's "Surgical Strike" and She-Hulk's "Furious Charge" incorporated, so that's fine by me. Anti-Venom is a missionary/lethal protector after all.

I'm glad that you like the greenflag.png ability. The reason why I said "Treat Shield Tiles as Web Tiles" is because Anti-Venom would use an emergency reserve in case he ran out of Web Tiles. And I was thinking about him teaming up with 3* Spidey with the shield spamming so they can get extra tanky.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GundamY wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Thanks Malcrof! I can always count on you when it comes to balancing movesets! So to answer your questions about Anti-Venom's redflag.png ability "Blood Clotting System", yes, the passive allows Anti-Venom (and his teammates if max level) to prevent bleeding from Deadpool, Gorgon, and Blade's attacks. I was gonna call it "Platelet Protection", but Anti-Venom is technically made from white blood cells instead of red icon_razz.gif

I'll admit, the Web Tiles right now are nigh useless without my Anti-Venom's blueflag.png, but if we want to prevent it for being too OP, I can just use the previous suggestions to drain the user's black AP to prevent 1* Venom's "Devour" spamming. It's got X-Force Wolverine's "Surgical Strike" and She-Hulk's "Furious Charge" incorporated, so that's fine by me. Anti-Venom is a missionary/lethal protector after all.

I'm glad that you like the greenflag.png ability. The reason why I said "Treat Shield Tiles as Web Tiles" is because Anti-Venom would use an emergency reserve in case he ran out of Web Tiles. And I was thinking about him teaming up with 3* Spidey with the shield spamming so they can get extra tanky.

To make it a perfect rainbow for the 2 chars, change blueflag.png to blackflag.png , then perfect synergy with 3* spidey. Still low on offence between the 2, maybe tweak the greenflag.png , since it is a passive, maybe give it an active part, 12 AP active, Venom blows the web tiles to defend against invaders.. 3* IW green.
  • GundamY
    Options
    To make it a perfect rainbow for the 2 chars, change blueflag.png to blackflag.png , then perfect synergy with 3* spidey. Still low on offence between the 2, maybe tweak the greenflag.png , since it is a passive, maybe give it an active part, 12 AP active, Venom blows the web tiles to defend against invaders.. 3* IW green.

How about this then?

redflag.pngBlood Clotting System: Anti-Venom's symbiote repairs cellular damage its host suffers from enemy attacks. Recover health points based on the number of web.png (Web Tiles) on the board. (Passive) Anti-Venom is immune to bleeding.

Max Level: (Passive) Every time Anti-Venom takes an enemy's attack, generate 3 web.png (Web Tiles) randomly. Anti-Venom's teammates are also immune to bleeding.

blackflag.pngVaccination Tendrils: Diseases and viruses won't stand a chance so long as Brock possesses the power to wipe them out. With the remnant symbiote bonding to Brock's white blood cells, the enemy target will weaken under Anti-Venom's contamination cleansing. (Spend your entire black AP and destroy all web.png (Web Tiles) on the board. Drain enemy's strongest AP based on how many web.png (Web Tiles) are used.)

Max Level: (Damage the enemy target based on how many web.png (Web Tiles) are destroyed by Anti-Venom.)

greenflag.pngAntibodies Defense: Anti-Venom prepares to counteract the enemy's offense by strengthening his immune system. Make a match with at least 3 web.png (Web Tiles) to recover his entire team by 750 health points. (If there are no web.png (Web Tiles), make 3.)

Max Level: When using Web Tiles to make a match with a Critical Tile, enemy team takes AoE damage based on the same amount of health teammates recovered.

The ones in the brackets are revised versions as suggested by you and the others, Malcrof. Give me some feedback when you finished reading this.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    Interesting stuff with good use of the web tiles that definitely need more purpose in this game. Good job.