Renown keyword?

Options
Whats this mechanic do?

Comments

• There is Bolster(?) and Renown and I get those mixed up.

I believe Bolster is when you play a second version of the creature and it just increases its stats. Renown I think is when the creature attacks the opponent directly it gets a small permanent one time stat boost.
  • Played around with it a bit... I think it works like this:

After dealing damage to the opposing champion, troop gets +x/+x the next turn where X is equal to the Renown value.

If you keep hitting them in the face, it'll just retain the buff, but it doesn't stack.

A 1/2 Renown 3 creature will hit for 1 dmg, then become a 4/5 and hit for 4 (the next turn) and stay at a 4/5.

Edit: Just realized the symbol pops up after it activates, so you can read it in game by holding it.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Aebramz wrote:
    Played around with it a bit... I think it works like this:

After dealing damage to the opposing champion, troop gets +x/+x the next turn where X is equal to the Renown value.

If you keep hitting them in the face, it'll just retain the buff, but it doesn't stack.

A 1/2 Renown 3 creature will hit for 1 dmg, then become a 4/5 and hit for 4 (the next turn) and stay at a 4/5.

Edit: Just realized the symbol pops up after it activates, so you can read it in game by holding it.
    Yep, exactly that. Renown adds +x/+x to a creature when it deals damage to the enemy opponent.
    Bolster increases the stats of a creature by the base amount when summoning a duplicate of that creature. Meaning that a 2/3 on the battlefield will become a 4/6 if a second copy of that creature is cast.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So every creature currently has bolster.
  • Keep in mind, Renown only takes effect if you hit the enemy Planewalker, IIRC, it doesn't effect your creature if your attack gets absorbed by one of the opponent's creatures.