Update on the Daily Rewards Reset

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited January 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone –

Thank you for your patience as the team was able to reconvene after the holidays and discuss the Daily Reward reset that affected players last month.

So everyone is aware and on the same page, what happened was that the Daily Rewards in the game was set for 31 days for the month of December as the game was already available in select countries and the Rewards Calendar started on December 1st. As many of you are aware, we launched the game worldwide on December 9th meaning if you downloaded the game on the 9th or later, you missed out on the opportunity for the Fat Pack reward as the calendar reset on January 1st.

To rectify the issue and to reward players that have supported us by downloading Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest, we will be providing everyone a Fat Pack reward. We are however, unable to distribute this reward until our next update (v1.3) which will be available later this month.

For the future, we have very fun plans in offerings for the Daily Rewards each month that includes some suggestions shared by you. For now, the current daily rewards will remain the same for January and we will have an update before February of what the future plans will be for Daily Rewards.

In the meantime, come back every day this month to earn some awesome rewards and thank you everyone for playing Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is awesome. Thanks for doing something proactive for the benefit of the community. Please apply these standards to all d3 games.
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you for the communication and compensation. With the new content in progress, any chance of previews beforehand to allow opportunities to level/deck tweak based on whatever the events may require? I.e. specific color boosts or planes walker buffs?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good job explaining, offering compensation, and giving us the heads up that there will be a delay in delivery and why. Good job, we need more of this type of communication.

Thank you.
  • The_Leftist
    Options
    Really looking forward to the Patch Notes on new update, and thanks for the generous compensation, as well as the revision of daily rewards.

And thanks for putting up with our complaints, and I hope you know this:

It doesn't matter what you do. We will complain about any and every aspect of the game we can think of, regardless of how good the game is, and I'll admit, you've got something very good going, and I think you are on the right track.

Looking forward to complaining/reading about complaints about something new in the future.
  • I think i might've checked a reward too late in the evening. I already missed a day.

Whomp whomp XD
  • RubiconX
    Options
    Excellent compensation. Almost worth the prior silence icon_razz.gif
  • What happens to people who didn't get the reset?
  • Wow. This is above and beyond what I expected. Thanks a lot.
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification does that mean on the months with 30days it will be set to 30 and 28 for February redpextively
  • Thank you, thank you for the compensation!

Might I make a marketing suggestion that a week, or so, before you publish the new updates post a few teaser screenshots of the new content. icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_e_surprised.gif

Stuff like that often keeps the players engaged through the months of waiting, especially when a new game has little, but eventually coming, content.

I know this is standard practice, but I thought it was worth mentioning/asking. We can only guess what "cool" things you guys are doing. Feed us some minor details that will force us to speculate and stay up at night waiting for the next update! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tarouza wrote:
    Thanks for the clarification does that mean on the months with 30days it will be set to 30 and 28 for February redpextively
    NB: Next month will have 29 days.
  • TKC
    TKC Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks guys, much appreciated. Good to see that being an early adopter isn't all bug-fixing and frustration, but has some upsides as well!
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the communication. Being open and honest with the player base goes a long way. I haven't played in over a week because no communication and no real content/rewards, etc... This helps toward that.
  • What? No free Big Box? Outragous! icon_razz.gificon_e_wink.gif

Seriously, though: Thanks for the update and thank you in advance for the compensation. Much appreciated. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Landonsdaddy
    Options
    Thanks again in advance! Love the game and think you guys are doing a great job!
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    So tomorrow will be a week since this announcement. It would be wonderful if we could get some news/announcement that isn't just a vague teaser for an upcoming update in the future with no timeframe.
  • I think they said end of this month.

So another 2 weeks? x.x
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    pandabear wrote:
    I think they said end of this month.

So another 2 weeks? x.x

I typed up a big post but decided to just say this: If in two weeks (over a month and a half after the actual release of the game) we still do not have a game that represents an actual "ready for release" title, I will contact Google Play and ask for a refund for the money I have spent so far.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi,

We'll have a chat with the MtGPQ developers, covering a variety of topics, posted very soon. Our hope is to have that ready for everyone before the end of the week.

The next game update is still a couple of weeks away, but that too is coming soon. Some info on what players can look forward will be included in the dev chat. Thanks for hanging in there while awaiting fresh news!