Maintenance Downtime For 1.5.1 (07/07/16) *Updated

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
(3:12 PM PDT)

Android users - please download and install version “1.5.6.10421”.

*Note: The iOS and Android versions are content identical. The only difference is the version number.

(2:30 PM PDT)

The update (1.5.1/1.5.6) is now available for some Android devices. It should not be long now until the update has fully propagated and becomes available for all users. Thank you again for your patience.

(10:03 AM PDT)

Hi everyone,

We apologize for the lack of notice for this morning's server maintenance. Downtime was not initially planned, but at the last minute we needed to initiate a maintenance period for the 1.5.1 update.

iOS users should now be able to connect to the game, update to the new 1.5.1 patch, and play.

Android users should be able to update and connect once the maintenance period has concluded. This should hopefully be within the next 2 hours.
*Note: Many Android users are currently receiving an error message - this is due to the unexpected maintenance. Once the game is live again, Android users may be asked to update the game twice.

Again, we apologize for the downtime and inconvenience. Thanks for hanging in there with us!

Comments

• Barrelrolla
    Barrelrolla Posts: 289
    Options
    I downloaded an update for Android an hour ago, but I haven't been able to connect ever since.
    The game stop on "Getting server date" and after a while it says "Unable to connect to game server".
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, they set a 3 hour timer when the patch started about 3 hours ago and it's keeping you (and me out). icon_e_surprised.gif

Good news is it's almost over. Spend the time to read over the notes of what changed. icon_cool.gif

Edited to add:

I based the above info on the 3:00 timer message I got when maintenance started at 9:00 PDT plus this message:
    Android users should be able to update and connect once the maintenance period has concluded. This should hopefully be within the next 2 hours.

So now are are past the "hopefully" stage and who know when.
  • Peytonk41
    Peytonk41 Posts: 2
    Options
    Do you have the patch notes link?
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Peytonk41 wrote:
    Do you have the patch notes link?

Sorry, I was being an ****. There are no notes. They have stated the patch will fix the "no match" game crash and revert Chandra's first ability back to 6 loyalty.
  • huntly
    huntly Posts: 99
    Options
    Yeah it's been well past 2hrs. Maybe we didn't hope hard enough. Or maybe you should stop giving ios privilege over android and only allow access to the server when both are ready.
  • Slytechs
    Slytechs Posts: 14
    Options
    Still nothing, same Getting Server Date with Device ID being blank and trouble with internet... icon_question.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • huntly
    Options
    The no match needs further testing its not gunna be fixed this patch
  • tdellaringa
    Options
    Still nothing here on Android :/ I hope the patch fixes the problem for all this waiting. icon_e_sad.gif
  • huntly
    Options
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=47303

Link to 1.5.1 update notes. No fix to no match yet
  • ToneLoki
    ToneLoki Posts: 4
    Options
    We gonna get a little something for this nonsense? I was going for a top 10 in qb.
  • tdellaringa
    Options
    It would be nice to know what the heck is going on.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    (2:30 PM PDT)

The update (1.5.1/1.5.6) is now available for some Android devices. It should not be long now until the update has fully propagated and becomes available for all users. Thank you again for your patience.
  • Dantalia
    Dantalia Posts: 1
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"](2:30 PM PDT)

So the wait continues!
  • Fitomagic
    Fitomagic Posts: 25
    Options
    Still nothing in moto g
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    (3:12 PM PDT)

Android users - please download and install version “1.5.6.10421”.

*Note: The iOS and Android versions are content identical. The only difference is the version number.
  • krit666
    krit666 Posts: 1
    Options
    When will the update work as it still give me the error message
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    ***User Tip - For Android users having difficulty downloading the update.

Please try shutting down and restarting your device. Once your device has restarted, please go to the Google Play Store and find the Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest update. To get the update to download, players may need to click on the 3 buttons in the upper-right corner to initialize the download.***
  • FreakShow
    FreakShow Posts: 23
    Options
    I had to Uninstall the game and I'm reinstall the game and i have to wait because my Internet is slow
  • Franko
    Franko Posts: 3
    Options
    Reinstalled the game and now it won't allow me to get past the training button as soon as you open it up. I guess my old account has gone because I can't sign in. Does that mean I've lost everything and have to start all over again?
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Franko wrote:
    Reinstalled the game and now it won't allow me to get past the training button as soon as you open it up. I guess my old account has gone because I can't sign in. Does that mean I've lost everything and have to start all over again?

Please reach out to our support team at https://d3go.com/mobile-games-support and the team will be able to assist with restoring your save. Thanks.