Locked out of the event after 1.6

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So after the 1.6 update, the event still appears to be running... I am moving slowly down the leaderboard, with my 39 points I got before the update. But I can't play.

My nodes are empty... when I select a planeswalker to put in one, I just get 'Error. Something went wrong'.

Comments

• LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    If this continues, please let our support team know and they can assist. Thanks.
  • Oaklanbash
    Oaklanbash Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am having the same problems activating the event as well. My score is still there though...
  • Alaszun
    Alaszun Posts: 68
    Options
    Exact same for me
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    The maintenance had to finish an hour before bedtime, I had played my games with 2 hours left for a recharge. I thought I'd play 2 games with each planeswalker after it ends and go to bed.
    But the maintenance went on for like 8+ hours, I fell asleep and when I woke up, the leaders have 10 points advantage when I had lost only 2 games, so I was still fighting for top 5 and top 25 was almost guaranteed.
    Very disappointing.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The maintenance had to finish an hour before bedtime, I had played my games with 2 hours left for a recharge. I thought I'd play 2 games with each planeswalker after it ends and go to bed.
    But the maintenance went on for like 8+ hours, I fell asleep and when I woke up, the leaders have 10 points advantage when I had lost only 2 games, so I was still fighting for top 5 and top 25 was almost guaranteed.
    Very disappointing.
    *sarcastic*
    It's not devs mistake.
    Look at it this way: you could just put an alarm and play.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    same thing happened to me.

I was 3rd on a 40/40 perfect game in silver tier before the maintenance.

No major loss. I suspect the lock out may be due to the fact I mastered afew more black cards and upgraded to gold tier while playing the PvP event.

taking to viewing the new soi cards and playing qb lightly to maintain my 51-150 bracket placing.

more imptly, now have to decide if I want to use up my crystal reserve to buy the pw I don't have now before they are rotated out, like what happened to Garruk and Terek. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    Very disappointing.
    *sarcastic*
    It's not devs mistake.
    Look at it this way: you could just put an alarm and play.
    Technically, I could, but there was no way to know when it the maintenance will finish, because 4 hours after the time they stated, there were no servers yet.
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm also getting 'Error. Something went wrong' when picking an Planeswalker for the event
  • pezius
    pezius Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm on the same boat. Before the maintenance I was ranked 1st in my bracket winning 40 out of 40 games. After the update I was unable to play the nodes of power event. The same issues as everyone here: Planeswalkers all reset even though my score was still there. When I select a planeswalker, a generic error comes up and doesn't allow me to battle.

In the mean time, I see other folks scores going up and my ranking keeps dropping down. It's really frustrating that some folks can continue to rank up in this pvp event while others are unable to do anything. I hope this isn't because I'm an android user and ios folks are the one able to play. I would like to hear some direct input from the moderators on this, but it really stings when I went from getting a mythic to getting the shaft.
  • Pacone
    Pacone Posts: 61
    Options
    I am getting the same error too
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    I got the error when I downloaded the game as the patch was finishing and logged on, but it went unavailable again, and later that evening it was fine.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Round over. Rank 30.

Score 39. I only had one loss...

I kept trying to rejoin periodically but it never let me in.